EOS Leadership - Mar and Oli

Mar

1 hour ago, true said:

What would it take to reopen EOS again on OSRS?

Thoughts on Conditions21?

Boredom/covid/a viable clan world 

I actually really liked Corbin, he was very young in eos and a tad immature but he was a nice guy when he wasn't involved in any drama

Favorite regroup spot/tactic?

What was your worst fight that you ‘won’?

OSRS: Did you regret being in a crash war with Downfall and Ronin instead of being able to focus on RoT/VR? (Wasn’t in DFall at that point)

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

1gHvtra.png

Just now, adam said:

Favorite regroup spot/tactic?

What was your worst fight that you ‘won’?

OSRS: Did you regret being in a crash war with Downfall and Ronin instead of being able to focus on RoT/VR?

Probably fighting clans 2 v 1 in the maze east of greatest, knew most clans teamspeaks were dogshit so making the fight boring as possible usually worked in our favour.

Probably some p2p fight for memes, we returned non-mand for 47 hours just to waste peoples time.

Nah, we opened in 2015 to gather people for Albion. It didn't really matter who or what we hit at the time as long as it fought back and Rot weren't giving us anything outside of a 3 v 1/2/3.

• Like 1

@Mar whatever happened with you and bella sedai?

@Oli how did you go about getting leader away from cheezy and then prannoy.

Who were the best callers you ever heard in EOS and also in rival clans?

Who were the worst callers you ever heard in EOS and also in rival clans?

Thoughts/how did you actually feel with the irl flaming between COR and EOS? Mainly aimed at you @Mar - you pricks started that btw.

Was there any people you guys actually liked outside of EOS?

How low was morale after that fight where we pulled 110 people, snaking prannoy, and just utterly battered you all in like 30 mins?

• Haha 1

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

54 minutes ago, Tika191 said:

1 - What started the first Solace vs EOS crash war? I joined Solace a couple months after it ended when they only had ~50 members and was always curious

2 - How did you recruit @zq50 from Solace to Eos

At the time Oli was busy with IRL obligations so for a month or so i was leading by myself, we were in a bit of a slump because of losing him and had dropped off from competing with the top clans. I think TT was fighting Solace when one of our (retarded) warlords Tamatoman0 gathered up 5-10 men to go kill Solace at the fight. I was about to tell him to fuck off and stop and for some reason i kinda just changed my mind and said fuck it, so i let it happen an told everyone to go up there non-mand. Sent the text to Oli that id started a crash war an he loved it.

As for zq50 no clue, some people just want change of pace and maybe that's what it was for him

53 minutes ago, Juri said:

Why did you start this whole EOS "running around the wilderness" to outlast tactics and why it always worked for you guys :D?

That one summer of 2011? When Divine Forces and Eos had pkri's basically every day, during weekdays you dominated and on weekends we slapped you. And we both had around 80-90 people strong every single time, why did you suddenly stopped pking after that? You just vanished in matter of days and then barely could pull 60 after. 

Why did EOS never started to take this man for man quality thing seriously and were so awful at CWA, didn't you ever want to get better there or was that legit hard for you? 

As Oli said we would have to do it to wait for our larger NA base to come online and so we could fight properly. Clans generally wouldn't fight us later on when those people were already there so we had not much choice if we wanted a fight, so we made it work because it had to.

Im not sure about the summer of 2011 situation my memory is shit on this but it may have had to do with us getting involved with fighting ROT.

The thing with EOS and CWA is complicated. When the Wilderness removed we had been improving for months, building up from a smaller clan outside the top 10 and taking steps to start competing with VR and Corr, and we had just had several decent wins against Corruption and momentum was with us and the mood was great. CWA was like crashing at 120 mph into a wall of shit, so many of our fights came about because we just went out and found other clans on the spur of the moment. Now, it was no returning with everything having to be pre-planned in advance. Everybody in the leadership hated it, myself i straight demoted myself to retired to go play WoW because of how demoralised it made me. 

This attitude trickled down to the members, who also felt the same way and it just became a stigma we could never rid ourselves of. No matter how much we tried, we couldn't hype ourselves up for CWA and without the motivation we would just perform poorly. The most infamous of this was during some Jcup or Zybez tournament in which we were to fight EH in the 3rd week, and it felt like we tried hard to push the members and each other as officials to get motivated and perform well to beat them, but we fucked it up and we lost to them while outnumbering them by 15. 

I suppose this is were we got our bad reputation for having poor member quality, but in the years before and after we prided ourselves on taking on fights outnumbered and holding our own and winning against those odds. As far as i know, we were the only clan to reach #1 (for however short a time) without ever pulling maxed options in our history. 

53 minutes ago, Howl said:

what would you consider the peak of EOS? the strongest/most dominant point in the clan's history?

For me, the peak of EOS and our strongest point are two different times. The peak for me was the summer of 2009, when after failing to secure a week prep fight with EH after they backed out, i turned round and asked DF instead who were #1 at the time. At the time, no one considered us close to being able to beat them, but we did and did so again for several weeks afterwards. That for me was one of our best moments, coming from a small clan to becoming #1 even though it didn't last long.

We were strongest in 2010, probably our most consistent year of constantly battling every clan we could trying to reclaim that top rank. I don't remember if we did or not, Oli would remember tho

51 minutes ago, Kenny said:

What was your most memorable/favourite fight you had with EOS?

Did you actually find it fun doing 'laps' around the Wilderness when you tried outlasting?

Aside from the 09 DF fight above, another highlight would be beating ROT on their "clan birthday" sometime in 2011. Something they did not take very well at all. 

Everyone outlasted at some point, sure we got the rep for it but to answer your question anything is fun if your doing it with your friends. We would always try to make the events fun, and even in tough situations like that where we were getting beaten we just had a laugh on TS the whole time. Sometimes when we ran laps we regrouped an came back strong, sometimes it was futile and we were fucked but at the end of the day having fun mattered the most.

2hGeu3q.png

Where did you guys get your drive from? Outside of fights I remember speaking to either of you and both of you guys seemed down to earth people, but when we ended up fighting a shit clan you guys had this insane drive lol

On 8/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, True 2k8 said:

I'm not actually a crazy person ?.