Nostalgic Games

Adam_

Ones that stand out to me:

• The original Red/Blue Pokemon games, also the Silver/Gold.  
  • WoW will always hold a special place.  
  • RS naturally.  
  • Console games: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, MegaMan X2 and X3, Smash Brothers on N64, Mario Kart 64.  Any of the Mario games for Super Nintendo.  

I'd say I started being a gamer at the wee age of 6, so there are many notable games in my life that stood out to me. Haha.

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) - 1st video game  I ever played. Still have the console & game and still hook it up sometimes for the heck of it. ..And still fall off the platforms in the sky levels sometimes /facepalm

Super Mario 64 (N64) - I remember seeing this game & N64 being advertised and got so excited about games going 3D. Definitely memorable.

Mario Kart 64 (N64) - The first game that I felt like I completely beat. I knew every curve, every map, normally and in Mirror Mode. Probably put the most hours into this game than any of these other super old ones.

Mario Party (N64) - Another game I played tons of which brings back fond memories, mostly because I had 2 sisters, and this was a really enjoyable co-op game

Tetris (Game Boy)  - My go to when I was on a field trip in elementary school.  Remember those light attachments that you needed to see Game Boy games when it was dark? Haha.

Pokemon (Game Boy, Game Boy Color) - My intro into the Pokemon World (not sure why I didn't start sooner!) Started at Silver/Gold, got Crystal and fell in love with playing games in color on a handheld device.

Console gaming started being dialed back a little once I had access to the internet. RS came into the picture in my high school days, and it was my main squeeze then, so that's the main one that stands out in that time period. Then WoW afterwards. 

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

1 hour ago, Krystal said:

Mario Kart 64 (N64) - The first game that I felt like I completely beat. I knew every curve, every map, normally and in Mirror Mode. Probably put the most hours into this game than any of these other super old ones.

Super Mario Kart (SNES) >>>>>>>> Mario Kart 64

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Super Mario Kart (SNES) >>>>>>>> Mario Kart 64

Didn't have SNES ? As a kiddo, I was at the mercy of my parents regarding which consoles I had haha

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

Lots of games on this thread I forgot about, super neat to remember them when I see people mention them. 

Another for me I guess would be Zelda Minish Cap which is another game I played visiting a friend of mine when I was a kid, even though I rarely to never see people rate this as one of their favorite Zelda games, I enjoy it a lot. Have played through it a few times on an emulator in recent years too.

Also for those who have an interest in Mario, a guy I know streams a lot of Mario speedrunning on Twitch. If you're interested feel free to ask and I can send you his stream! 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png