What have you read lately?/Book Recs

Brazz

7 hours ago, Brazz said:

I bought the first book of the Wheel of Time recently and plan on starting it in the new year! Name of the Wind and Stormlight Archive are some of my all time faves, can't wait for the 4th book coming out soon. I plan on reading ASOIAF when the series is done. I can't get in another waiting game as I'm already there with Rothfuss and Doors of Stone LOL. I'm excited to read WoT now since we seem to have similar taste, you'll love the Way of Kings. 

Excellent!  Also, a bit more out of the fantasy realm but Sphere by.... Michael Crichton I think?  Very good read.  

• Like 1

Elantris- Brandon's first published book and it is still a good read. I read Elantris after Mistborn Era 1/2 and Stormlight 1/2/3 and it still held up nicely.

Mistborn Era 2 - I'm not sure if you read it but IMO it's even better than era 1.

Warbreaker - This is the last book I've yet to finish from the Cosmere (at this moment in time) and I'm hoping to finish it before Dawnshard. Warbreaker seems extremely solid and picks up the pace FAST. This is also a standalone so not a big time commitment. 

After I'm done warbreaker, I can finally read some other authors lol:

image.png.3d466ed7f29f6f749a7ad64d8db63bcb.png

image.png.78a92a3f214e82fe47057938b9afcd38.png

The 3 above are all Sci FI.

Edited by Go Leafs
  • Thanks 1

I recently finished The Overstory by Richard Powers. It was easily one of the best books I've ever read and I highly recommend.

Now reading Ender's Game as I've never read it before ?

• Thanks 1

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

If you are into Fantasy and a little of Greek-Roman mythology I can recommend Percy Jackson’s saga from Rick Riordan

Im currently reading The Trials of Apollo from the same author. 

• Like 2

bitmap.png

buzAajZ.png.bfd4ca33d2a77553c881737e475ad2ad.png

Latin Crew Officer Tempest Member

14 hours ago, B4uz said:

If you are into Fantasy and a little of Greek-Roman mythology I can recommend Percy Jackson’s saga from Rick Riordan

Im currently reading The Trials of Apollo from the same author. 

Percy Jackson series is one of my all time favorites!

I read them when I was young, but for anyone who is thinking about reading them for the first time - I'd say they still hold up pretty well. My dad read them after I did and loved them.

• Like 2

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale