Official NCAA Football Thread

Pengy

1 hour ago, Moses said:

How so? two teams cancelled on them, they played last week missing their head coach, 3 OL (one had to switch positions and it showed with all the rough snaps), a captain and best LB, 2 DL and others. They also won the head to head against Indiana. This year has been a shit show. All the AD's, INCLUDING Michigan's, voted to allow Ohio State to play Northwestern. I ultimately hoped that they were going to be able to have a replacement this week (vs Maryland and have Nebraska play Rutgers was thrown around), but sadly that won't come to fruition. 

I live in Columbus man you don’t have to fill me in lol. I think OSU is undeniably the best team in the conference, it’s just funny seeing them make the 6 game rule only to obliterate it when it’s convenient for the cash cow. They’ll win the conference and have their 6 games, it’s whatever. Still doesn’t guarantee them a spot in the playoff by any means.

• Like 1

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

6 hours ago, Dickus said:

I live in Columbus man you don’t have to fill me in lol. I think OSU is undeniably the best team in the conference, it’s just funny seeing them make the 6 game rule only to obliterate it when it’s convenient for the cash cow. They’ll win the conference and have their 6 games, it’s whatever. Still doesn’t guarantee them a spot in the playoff by any means.

The rule to begin with was kind of dumb tbh. Kevin Warren handled everything extremely poorly.

5 hours ago, dnd5 said:

Hoping Notre dame can win again and knock Clemson out for selfish reasons and also I’m tired of those fuckers

4 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

I’d def like to see Notre Dame win.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

yes, I agree we are all Notre Dame fans

good good nothing else to see here

all of this ^^^

I kinda hope ND goes all the way and wins the champ, but one step at a time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Melo C said:

all of this ^^^

I kinda hope ND goes all the way and wins the champ, but one step at a time.

I think Bama might be head and shoulders above everyone else, but I think this is still the best ND team we've seen under Brian Kelly

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I think Bama might be head and shoulders above everyone else, but I think this is still the best ND team we've seen under Brian Kelly

Bama may be, but they’ve also lost some key players. Jaylen Waddle brought a completely different element to their offense. I think Notre Dame has a style of play that could cause problems for Alabama now.

The issue is Alabama already played a defense stylistically similar to Notre Dame’s in Texas A&M and absolutely torched them(A&M’s dc was at notre dame and the Irish promoted his longtime assistant). Granted lately it seems like it’s the devante smith show so maybe if they can find a way to slow him down there’s a chance.

Clemson comes first though, but I think as long as the Irish at least keep it close they’re in the playoff. 

• Like 1

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

5 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

Bama may be, but they’ve also lost some key players. Jaylen Waddle brought a completely different element to their offense. I think Notre Dame has a style of play that could cause problems for Alabama now.

The issue is Alabama already played a defense stylistically similar to Notre Dame’s in Texas A&M and absolutely torched them(A&M’s dc was at notre dame and the Irish promoted his longtime assistant). Granted lately it seems like it’s the devante smith show so maybe if they can find a way to slow him down there’s a chance.

Clemson comes first though, but I think as long as the Irish at least keep it close they’re in the playoff. 

Agreed - although I think Clark Lea might actually be a better DC than Mike Elko, as good as Elko is

Also, to make the case for the ND offense - even though it's not flashy, ND's offense has put up 37 PPG with a veteran QB and one of the best offensive lines in the country (even with injuries). They also play in a power-run, clock-eating style that tends to help their defense.

I still wouldn't put money on ND against Bama, but I think there are indications that they might hold up decently. In the end, there are a bunch of games still to be played.

7UeTgyB.png

don't be the third whale

25 minutes ago, Howl said:

Agreed - although I think Clark Lea might actually be a better DC than Mike Elko, as good as Elko is

Also, to make the case for the ND offense - even though it's not flashy, ND's offense has put up 37 PPG with a veteran QB and one of the best offensive lines in the country (even with injuries). They also play in a power-run, clock-eating style that tends to help their defense.

I still wouldn't put money on ND against Bama, but I think there are indications that they might hold up decently. In the end, there are a bunch of games still to be played.

Bama's defense has definitely gotten better through the season, but it's been shown teams can move the ball against them. You just have to make the most of it. If you can establish your qb as a runner against bama it gives them issues and always has. ND has a qb who can do that, and is also a good playmaker. If you look at the games Alabama has played they usually have 1 or 2 quarters where teams make mistakes and they just put it on them. If that can be avoided then teams can hang in with them and if you get to the 4th quarter anything can happen. 

On another note, it won't happen but I think a ND vs Texas A&M game this year would be super fun. The teams are so similar, great offensive lines, ball control, veteran qb, pretty solid defense. I think it could be a very interesting game.

• Like 1

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

2 hours ago, dnd5 said:

Bama's defense has definitely gotten better through the season, but it's been shown teams can move the ball against them. You just have to make the most of it. If you can establish your qb as a runner against bama it gives them issues and always has. ND has a qb who can do that, and is also a good playmaker. If you look at the games Alabama has played they usually have 1 or 2 quarters where teams make mistakes and they just put it on them. If that can be avoided then teams can hang in with them and if you get to the 4th quarter anything can happen. 

On another note, it won't happen but I think a ND vs Texas A&M game this year would be super fun. The teams are so similar, great offensive lines, ball control, veteran qb, pretty solid defense. I think it could be a very interesting game.

agreed, definitely could've been a fun game

guess we'll have to wait for 2024 ?

7UeTgyB.png

don't be the third whale