Divine Forces AMA - Bountyhuntur & Homedawg90

Bunty

13 minutes ago, true said:

Who are your favorite Storm Troopers that never got Warlord?

Follow up question, why was the rank called storm trooper, it's so unique to DF what made DF go with this title?

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

23 hours ago, true said:

How do you want to be remembered? 

Kind of like I mentioned earlier, my legacy isn't important. I just hope DF know I did my best given the circumstances, and hope that I didn't disappoint.

6 hours ago, true said:

Who are your favorite Storm Troopers that never got Warlord?

Let's just say Vanzant since I see him spamming this topic and we had a conversation about it not too long ago lol, I'll throw some love his way. But really I don't remember a lot of STs that didn't end up getting warlord.

6 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

Follow up question, why was the rank called storm trooper, it's so unique to DF what made DF go with this title?

Legitimately no clue, I don't think I was part of the naming process. It started out as our junior clan, which we scrapped then basically became a PK Leader rank and stepping stone to warlord. My guess is it's just a creative name to suggest they were "elite" fighters.

6 hours ago, true said:

@Bunty are there any specific changes in terms of structure/process that you wanted to implement into DF that didn't gain enough traction?

Not that didn't gain traction, more so that I just never got around to doing or couldn't figure out how to implement them. One example was we had the applicant reviewer rank, but I wanted to gather a group of more specifically social members to reach out to applicants and newer members in order to build a better overall feeling of welcoming. I struggled to figure out how to organize that as I had all sorts of ideas and didn't necessarily want to flood the clan with new ranks, so I mostly just pushed members to post of new app topics and try to reach out to newbies. It was important to me to build an environment that outsiders would want to join.

1 hour ago, true said:

Do you have any advice for Tempest?

As much as you want buddy.

- Always take challenges head on, don't back away from them (I know this sounds cliché). Whenever something seems too difficult understand that you can overcome it, and when you do it will change the trajectory of your clan forever.

- Focus on improvement constantly, big and small. Recruitment, time zone expansion, skills, member wealth, wilderness strategies, clan environment, forums, discord, image, presence in the game, whatever it may be.

- Don't be afraid to get creative when it comes to recruitment. The clan world still has a lot of room for growth, and you may need to do things differently than what you are used to in order to get an edge long term. You may also have to teach people new things that they've never done before, just as others had to do for us in the past.

- Give your members opportunities to make an impact. This means you will have to make an effort to find out the skills and interests of every single person in your clan and think outside the box on how to utilize them. Also recognize that some members just want to chill and show up to fights/events, which is cool too, but the point is to not get stuck in a bubble that you and your officials are the only ones who can help with direction and improvements, because you will be hindering your clan's capabilities by doing so. Take the time to know your people.

- Admit your faults, don't be stubborn. Growth requires acknowledgement of your own flaws, and also makes you more relatable. This is also true for clans.

- I guess this last one is more specifically for @true.... not that I think you need it. Leadership is about taking the first step through the door, but reminding everyone that you all walked through that door together. Preparing the food and letting everyone eat before you do. Servant leadership is the most important and most effective form of leadership because you build trust and respect through emphasizing the importance of the people around you and giving them a sense of value. Help them when they are struggling, and praise them when they are successful. But make the tough decisions when you have to and provide the vision for what you want the clan to be and the direction that you want the clan to go in.

I could probably spend hours giving advice so I'll cut myself off there.

• heart 2

As this sucker wraps up I just want to say I appreciate not only this AMA, but the two of you (as well as many others) paving the way in DF for people like myself to join and have our own runs at leading the clan. 

? Leader and ? Head Warlord.

• heart 1

aUBwTQ1.png

Thank you Tempest for allowing me to reminisce on my time as leader in DF, even if my memory failed me on some of the questions. It was great to look back on everything. I appreciate all of the questions and interest. As for current DF, they will make their own mark and hopefully have the opportunity to discuss all the cool things they accomplished during their time as I have been able to. I have nothing but faith in them as their story goes on.

I also wanted to mention to @true that despite how everything ended with DF that I appreciate all that you put into it during your time as leader. Your impact was obvious from day one, and the effort you put in meant a lot to me as someone who has loved that clan since 05. As you move on to your next chapter in Tempest I wish you nothing but the best.

• Like 1
  • heart 2