Divine Forces AMA - Bountyhuntur & Homedawg90

Bunty

58 minutes ago, I Kill Batty said:

When do you feel DF hit it's peak and what actions do you think lead you there?

Peak of strength was 2007 DF after DS closed as a bunch of those ex-DS members joined DF. I think DF had a mentality of not being afraid of a challenge and not backing down, which I think certain people respected and liked which led to a lot of them joining us. I also think DF mastered organization at that time giving us an edge against a lot of clans; eventually other clans caught up though. We were aggressive, and sometimes too aggressive, but it was a winning formula.

50 minutes ago, Blue Wall said:

Most of these are directed at @Bunty I guess, but I'd be interested in @Homedawg's thoughts on some of the ones below that he thinks would be applicable to him as well.

DF had, either deservedly or not, a reputation of mass recruiting dead clans in order to boost themselves up.  Why do you think that DF seemed to have a lot more long term and permanent success of absorbing these clans compared to other clans that tended to gained power in the short term and then lose most of those members pretty quickly?

On the same note, what clan that joined DF in large numbers do you think fit in to DF's community the easiest and most successfully (Not battlefield success, but community wise)?  DS feels like the obvious answer so just curious what you would say more in depth on how they fit into the community of DF, or if its another clan then Im curious who you would say.

What was the hardest challenge you had to overcome as DF's leader?  Was it the post Death240 retirement slump, the earlier days of the Corr rivalry, or any other moments that stick out over those for you?

Was there every any other clan you admired or could have seen yourself in if DF didn't exist during your active years?  I always find this one a weird one to try to think back on from a personal stand point.

1. Because while Death would probably never admit it, becoming friendly with clans was part of the recruitment formula. I did the same thing. Long term stability requires you to make others want to be you rather than beat you. Sometimes we succeeded in that and sometimes we made enemies and hurt ourselves. Having a strong sense of what your community was meant that while some people would leave others would relate to it and stick around. It was a challenging balance, but I don't think you can argue with the results. 

2. I think DS, but honestly I can really only think of two clans that did end up closing and mass joining - DS and Valor. We loved Valor members but I don't know if their mindset as a whole fit super well with DF's. I think DS members had more of that, but DF was definitely not for all of them.

3. The biggest challenge was the Cor rivalry, but I wasn't leader at the peak of it. Balancing the large influx of DS members was the hardest part, simply because I had to try and get that push to the top spot from it, try to make everyone feel welcomed, and simultaneously not let DF's culture crumble. It was a tough balance, but it worked out alright.

4. Now you're just farming for Valor kudos ? I liked EH a lot. Based on personality I thought they would be a good fit for me.

45 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

Hello noobs lol

Hey pal ❤️

38 minutes ago, true said:

Who is the greatest clan of all time?

With absolutely no bias what-so-ever, DF of course ?. You could argue DI or RSD though. I value longevity and the ability to be competitive through multiple periods, and all three of those clans have/had it.

Edited by Bunty

I never really remembered an enjoyable fight against DF, I always got the sense that it was 'Win at any cost' and DF were involved with some of the longest fights ever in Runescape (multiple 12h+; including 24h). That's not just from one specific era, but it probably started somewhere in 07 or late 06 and continued right through to 2012 or whenever Jagex thought EOC would be a good idea (maybe later, I quit then).  That's not a dig against DF, all clans did it at some point but I just remember DF doing it more than others. 

Was there ever a time either of you wanted to call off a fight but someone else wanted to keep going even when you felt it was just a waste of time? If so, who was that person?

I also remember in 07ish (?) You guys tried to do more p2p and had a p2p leader etc (can't remember the name). Why do you think that fell flat, and what would you have done differently? (Either a new approach to p2p, or just forget it all together?).

Anyway, credit where credit's due - You guys did a good job with recruiting and maintaining a large playerbase for a long period of time. Thanks for the memories. 

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

@Bunty what were your thoughts on DS and what was DF's approach during your time as leader/high council on how to go about handling them in terms of giving them fights vs trying to focus on other clans and avoid them?  If they had stayed open and kept going do you think DF would have been the best clan to challenge for their spot first, or would another clan like Corr have been more likely, or DI resurging to take back the top spot?

Also, what were your thoughts on my being able to recruit Avster and you never getting him to join DF ?

@Homedawg I know a lot of people had differing opinions on the role of head warlord over the years.  Being one that held the rank, what did you see your role as during your time with it?

bw.jpg

Over the clan world eras, Df has always been able to change and adapt and stay relevant, why is this? Literally every other clan has been defeated by jagex with one update or major change to the game, but not DF. What's the secret?

• sus 1

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png