Divine Forces AMA - Bountyhuntur & Homedawg90

Bunty

If you were to bring back one clan from the dead in all it's former glory today what clan would it be, with what leadership team, and why?

If you were to remove the existence of a clan from the history of the OSRS clanning community (never opens, doesn't effect other things, members end up staying in their previous clans/going to their next clans/joining other clans/whatever) what clan and why?

Thoughts on current clans at least the ones you know about?
Tempest

DF

RoT

AF

SV

PD

DR

AC

VR

DK (lol)

What was your favorite clan you were a part of other than DF and why? Guess this is only applicable to Bunty since it looks like Homedawg was only DF unless I misread

Did either of you enjoy other aspects of the game outside of PvP? If so, what? 

It seems like you both are pretty decently happy with where DF is today and how it's stood the test of time unlike so many other clans, which of course you should be. However, if there was 1 thing you could change about that clan currently, would there be something? What would it be?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

10 hours ago, david said:

Favorite crashwar and why?

Dream lineup?

If you had the chance to change something you did that you regret back when you were ranked what would you change?

I wasn't really active during the crashwars. I thought they were not good for clans and should have never steered in that direction. 

A dream lineup would probably be Peterh, Lil2, Merked, True, and sprinkle a lil david

12 hours ago, King_Obina said:

Hey @Homedawg How's life treating you? Have not heard from you in a while bud
How to you think the clan world will react now that Rod is going down?

@King_Obina good to see you. I remember us talking about programming and what not as I was trying to get my food in the door with work. I am doing very well, I work in the Infosec field and enjoy it a ton. It is quite rewarding as well. I hope all is well with you. Feel free to ping me on discord anytime to catch up. 

10 hours ago, true said:

For both:

Who is someone that should have reached a higher rank, but did not (for whatever reason)

I thought Dark Blade 75 was an excellent addition from DS. He was mature, had certain intangibles, and was respected. Unfortunately, his stint in DF did not last as it appeared DS was what he really worked hard for. 

9 hours ago, Dark Knighty said:

To both of you.

Who is your least favourite leader in DF history? and why is it @true?

Probably the current one. 

If its @true, it's because he edates while leading. Stormy daniels is bound to come out and tell all. 

9 hours ago, true said:

If you had to construct a leadership (with you as leader) with officials from other clans (never were DF etc.), who would it consist of?

Brian and kidefence would have probably been at the top although I doubt they'd ever work together. I would have wanted Franzk as some sort of council and also to mold Omniusha. 

9 hours ago, true said:

What do you feel like were the biggest mistakes DF made as a clan?

Back then, I'm not sure if any. I would have preferred DF stayed out of crash wars but the community was trending in that direction. 

8 hours ago, Josh said:

I never really remembered an enjoyable fight against DF, I always got the sense that it was 'Win at any cost' and DF were involved with some of the longest fights ever in Runescape (multiple 12h+; including 24h). That's not just from one specific era, but it probably started somewhere in 07 or late 06 and continued right through to 2012 or whenever Jagex thought EOC would be a good idea (maybe later, I quit then).  That's not a dig against DF, all clans did it at some point but I just remember DF doing it more than others. 

Was there ever a time either of you wanted to call off a fight but someone else wanted to keep going even when you felt it was just a waste of time? If so, who was that person?

I also remember in 07ish (?) You guys tried to do more p2p and had a p2p leader etc (can't remember the name). Why do you think that fell flat, and what would you have done differently? (Either a new approach to p2p, or just forget it all together?).

Anyway, credit where credit's due - You guys did a good job with recruiting and maintaining a large playerbase for a long period of time. Thanks for the memories. 

At the time I was in Divine Forces, it was try very hard to win, but not at all costs. Back then I remember in participating in fights that were usually 2-4 hours. I may have participated in one 12 hour fight but I don't remember managing it. 

Being Head Warlord, people may have come up to me sparingly and talk about calling off a fight. Back then I think we made appropriate decisions in terms of not having them last very long. Usually our motto was, 'we lost the fight today, let's win the war tomorrow.'  

Yes, in 2007 we did try p2p, and did have p2p leaders. I think it fell flat because we acceled in f2p due to our organization and experience. 2007 had big p2p events but we were not experienced. On a side note, I remember Pking with Aggression at Mage Bank and DF getting shit for it because I was pking with a no honor clan. 

8 hours ago, true said:

@Homedawg

What callers did you respect the most from other clans?

DS - KiDefense 

TT - Bishinmo, D0nts

RSD - F1r3o

VR - Cera

Corr - LH, D2

This is what I recall. If I saw some memberlists I'd probably point out a few more.

8 hours ago, Eric`` said:

What do you hope people remember about your legacy(s)?

Clan Wars Premier League Champions, lol. 

In reality, just the ability to galvanize 100 people enough to have them give their all. Then being able to execute. 

5 hours ago, Out said:

What do you think of the nickname for DF: gayboys?

Meh,

1 hour ago, Blue Wall said:

@Bunty what were your thoughts on DS and what was DF's approach during your time as leader/high council on how to go about handling them in terms of giving them fights vs trying to focus on other clans and avoid them?  If they had stayed open and kept going do you think DF would have been the best clan to challenge for their spot first, or would another clan like Corr have been more likely, or DI resurging to take back the top spot?

Also, what were your thoughts on my being able to recruit Avster and you never getting him to join DF ?

@Homedawg I know a lot of people had differing opinions on the role of head warlord over the years.  Being one that held the rank, what did you see your role as during your time with it?

I thought my role was being able to push people beyond their limits. When I first joined DF, I had no writing skills. As I watch people like Lego, I learned from his way of writing. This would result in me writing very long pre-fight topics that I thought got to people. I remember people reading those topics and getting amped up going into a fight. I wish @true could find a way to dig those up.

24 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

Over the clan world eras, Df has always been able to change and adapt and stay relevant, why is this? Literally every other clan has been defeated by jagex with one update or major change to the game, but not DF. What's the secret?

I think we had a good culture in the clan world. We were also the new kids on the block that were pretty cool. We had US, GMT, and aussie members who were dedicated. At that time, DF was not into the trolling scene and we wore our emotions on our sleeves. I think people liked that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DF October 23 2005

image.png.93fdeefd5b24df2ba1ebd59ec86c4179.png

14 hours ago, Josh said:

I never really remembered an enjoyable fight against DF, I always got the sense that it was 'Win at any cost' and DF were involved with some of the longest fights ever in Runescape (multiple 12h+; including 24h). That's not just from one specific era, but it probably started somewhere in 07 or late 06 and continued right through to 2012 or whenever Jagex thought EOC would be a good idea (maybe later, I quit then).  That's not a dig against DF, all clans did it at some point but I just remember DF doing it more than others. 

Was there ever a time either of you wanted to call off a fight but someone else wanted to keep going even when you felt it was just a waste of time? If so, who was that person?

I also remember in 07ish (?) You guys tried to do more p2p and had a p2p leader etc (can't remember the name). Why do you think that fell flat, and what would you have done differently? (Either a new approach to p2p, or just forget it all together?).

Anyway, credit where credit's due - You guys did a good job with recruiting and maintaining a large playerbase for a long period of time. Thanks for the memories. 

Not Bunty or Homedawg. But I'd like to put my 2 cents in this one.

For us, it wasn't win at all cost, it was living up to whatever challenge was thrown at us. We were most definitely the clan who would fight it out until we just couldn't. That was our mindset, we knew fighting DS or DI in 06 would always be a losing battle but we wanted to prove to those clans and more importantly to ourselves that we could hang with the big boys.

That long RSD BH fight would be the fight I wanted to be done with, I remember talking with Mini BB about it towards the end.

We had two P2p leaders, Adam H ## and Thenwoback, we had actually done a fair amount of P2p pking in 06, after our Fri/Sat F2p pks we would do Portals on Fridays and then just like small group Mage bank or Rune Rock pking, in 07 as we were getting bigger, we wanted to try to get that back, bc P2p actually was fun and made us a tighter knit group, It worked to varying success but both those members either retired or quit and we just didn't try again, at least not in the same capacity.

• Like 1

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png

Did you actually have chicks in the clan back in, like, 2011? jw

• honk 1

Not sure if you've heard: I was active on Zybez ?. created the RS Classic Fact Sheet

2005-13 era, spent my youth playing runescape

yoda2.gif.bbfe400091a1efb01fa110c1ce6e2e80.gif

Having opened DF in 2005, and only really having 2 full years before free trade and wilderness battles were removed, how did you handle it and what type of conversations were had to maintain your members, how many people would you say quit the game because of the update, what hard steps were taken as a result of the update that helped push DF to it's new heights, and how did it affect DF as a clan?

• Like 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

Having been around DF plenty prior to joining, I heard bits and pieces (and later read in the archives) of a few Death240 attempted comebacks, including him asking for Leader back and being told no. I believe he was even given Warlord once. What were your thoughts on these attempted comebacks that the clan seemingly had a divided opinion on (old school vs then-current members)? Did you guys personally speak to him about it?

Do you think DF would have been better in the 2009-2011 era if Death was given Leader back?

aUBwTQ1.png

42 minutes ago, Jackson said:

just here to call homedawg a spastic

that is all

Hey there pal.

1 hour ago, I Kill Batty said:

Having opened DF in 2005, and only really having 2 full years before free trade and wilderness battles were removed, how did you handle it and what type of conversations were had to maintain your members, how many people would you say quit the game because of the update, what hard steps were taken as a result of the update that helped push DF to it's new heights, and how did it affect DF as a clan?

When the wild was removed, we were ready to take on the next medium that would harbor fights. Of course, the idea of that become castle wars was both humorous and terrifying. I remember teleporting to GDZ and seeing other clans in the wild and couldn't do anything. But I have to give it to the runescape community on zybez, we banded together and said we have to get pvp back. I remember posts on rs forums, petitions, because of a complete uproot of our community. When we got BH, nobody was happy but there was no other choice. So we carried on and still found a way to compete. 

1 hour ago, Rarez said:

Did you actually have chicks in the clan back in, like, 2011? jw

Christy(katsumae), Kim(cutekiyaa), april(23kiler23), Lubishka, and more but that was like 2007. 

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

homedawg: what is your current relationship with df

Not really much of one. 

• Haha 1

DF October 23 2005

image.png.93fdeefd5b24df2ba1ebd59ec86c4179.png

15 minutes ago, true said:

Having been around DF plenty prior to joining, I heard bits and pieces (and later read in the archives) of a few Death240 attempted comebacks, including him asking for Leader back and being told no. I believe he was even given Warlord once. What were your thoughts on these attempted comebacks that the clan seemingly had a divided opinion on (old school vs then-current members)? Did you guys personally speak to him about it?

Do you think DF would have been better in the 2009-2011 era if Death was given Leader back?

As a Old School member who would of been all for giving him Leader back, honestly? No.

Death was great at what he did and who he was in the pre DS DF era, but the clan had changed so much in those couple+ years that he wouldn't of (and didn't) command the same respect that he did during his original leader days. Death was a great leader bc we all followed him blindly and he lead us admirably. But he choose to leave DF for RL reasons and no one could blame for that. It sucked at the time but Bunty/Ves/Lego recovered amazingly and brought DF to new heights following pretty much the blueprint Death had set out. 

By the time 09-11 rolled around, our leadership was basically all new people to Death, and even the members for the most part were all different, it was this time Death came back then we promoted all the rest of the 06ers to Old School which as you know stayed that way until OSRS and you guys guted the rank. And it did cause some animosity between the OSers and rest of the members, but the right choice was made imo in not giving him leadership back, even if I at the time was a voice in giving it back to him.

Not Bunty or Homedawg, but that's my two cents on that question :P. 

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png