Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

Who are some EH members that you think were instrumental to the clan's success that never served as officials? 

What kind of drama did EH have behind the scenes?

What mid-size/smaller clans did you respect the most and felt carried similar values to EH?

What are your thoughts on WG and His Lordship?

aUBwTQ1.png

27 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

@ everyone

What's your opinion on the current clan world? 

I don't feel like I can make an accurate assessment as an outsider looking in.

26 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

Why did you side with df over cor in the original clusters

Eternal Honour was a clan that was really motivated by our values.  Whether correct or incorrect, we saw DF as a positive force that had ideals that were more similar to our own than Corruption.

Who is e undisputed goat of eh callers 

I believe that this was a metric that fluctuated through time and even fight to fight.  If I had to pick one, I believe S17 was our best caller.

26 minutes ago, Eric said:

That clan was full of nice people. 

Do you think there is place for honour / No Honour in the current clan scene?

Trying to take a shot at this with the acknowledgement that I am not involved in the current clan world and may be off-base.  I don't think there is a place for honor as there was in 2006-2010 in the current clan world without major changes to thought processes or how the clan world works.  Honor rules, if agreed to by the fight participants, can work to make the clan world a more enjoyable place for everyone.  However, it requires willing participants and in the current structure of the clan world, crashing and no honor activities are the norm.  Trying to abide by honor rules severely handicaps a clan if the other clan will not abide.  Remember, everyone liked Ned Stark, but honor and trying to play by the rules got Ned's head cut off.

I believe honor could be achieved where it can be forced in CWA (stops crashing, defines a clear winner, can set rules, penalizes wearing addy), but planned PKRIs with an uncapped number of people appear to be relatively unpopular with the current scene.

Hardest decision outside of the one to close you all ever had to make?

In 2006, there was an honor rule that stipulated fights as occurring between the two sets of rocks near Members Gate.  Going past these points was called "dragging" and was frowned upon.  However, as time passed, EH became the last clan to enforce a "no-dragging" rule.  Clans were beginning to take advantage of this and it was becoming apparent that, in this case, honor was a weakness.  We made the choice to drop our "no-dragging" morals to adapt to the changing clan world and be more competitive with our contemporaries.

25 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

Least favorite clan to fight

From the perspective of who I didn't like fighting in battle: Corruption

From the perspective of who I didn't like planning fights with: The Titans (TT was a clan that I felt had the most similar values to our own, they gave us great fights and were always a challenge.  It was hard to get our members motivated to fight TT because everyone liked them, which made my job hard).

7R85FSe.png

Is there anything you wish EH achieved that it did not?

What are some things you learned from clanning that apply to your daily life today?

What is your thoughts on the United Nations of Clans? Did it ever make a difference?

Link us an EH YouTube video that you think we'll like!

aUBwTQ1.png

52 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

If you had to join a current clan, who would it be and why?

I don't plan on joining any clans in OSRS for the time being and its likely that if I were interested in clans, I'd do a better job of shopping around and getting to know the clan world.

If I decided that I was most interested in small scale, P2P combat, I would likely go to Deathrow.  This is primarily due to my connection with Nullusion and because he is someone who I had a lot of respect for working alongside in EH.

If I were interested in F2P combat, I would likely consider Tempest, as many of my old friends are here and I support the goals/vision of the clan.  However, the F2P consideration is more challenging because I believe that (even after 10 years) it would be difficult for me to be serious or involved in large scale, long fights and truly dedicate myself to it.  As silly as it is, I still consider myself EH and would have trouble motivating myself for a different venture.

7R85FSe.png

1 hour ago, Eric`` said:

What was the most defining moment of eh?

I believe the most defining moment of EH was defeating Damage Inc for the first time.  Damage Inc had a spy in Eternal Honour and hit us on almost all of our PK trips as the clan was just beginning.  In a situation like that, many clans falter and close, but EH did not.  Each time DI hit us, we became stronger and more motivated to defeat them.  It took a lot of losses to get there, but eventually we got a win and our beginnings helped us for several years to be motivated to fight DI. 

1 hour ago, Flukejiver said:

What were the biggest strengths/weakness of EH has a whole?

Strengths:
- A strong core group of members that remained through thick and thin.
- I had pride in the other members of the leadership team; they were intelligent and generally trying to do the "just" thing.  To me, this was a big motivator and difference from other clans I had experienced.
- We were a competitive force in our time.
- We had a core of ~10 Aussies that helped keep up strong through the late fights and were great motivators when everyone else was getting sleepy (Rocky, Reg, Smars, etc.)

Weaknesses:
- Being motivated by "honor" and retribution for those who had wronged us often led to a mentality where the goal was "be better than Violent Resolution" or "be better than Damage Inc."  There were few periods where the goal was "be #1", and I believe that is a flaw that made us poorly motivated to defeat The Titans and (sometimes) Divine Forces.

58 minutes ago, true said:

What were your thoughts on Nullusion opening a clan (Vengeance) as EH closed? Did you keep up with it? Did you think it would succeed? 

Do you keep up with his current clan, Deathrow? If so, what do you think about DR as a clan and the success he's led them to in P2P? 

How would you compare current day Null to the one that was in EH?

Keeping in mind that the leadership team was looking to potentially pass on the torch, but we opted for closing, we felt that EH was unlikely to be as successful (in terms of values and strength) as we wanted it to be under a different leadership team.  I think Broski, Islamia, Grug, and I all hoped that Vengeance would be successful and we endorsed EH members joining that clan.  You may wonder why, if we all endorsed VG, to not just allow EH to continue under the VG leadership?  We had discussed that at the time of EH's closure, but (perhaps selfishly), we wanted Eternal Honour's name to be associated with the achievements accomplished by the clan that had closed.  I did not keep up with VG closely as I had left the game prior to the clan's formation.

I lurk on Deathrow forums, but can't comment on DR extensively as I am not associated with the clan.  I think it looks like a fun group of highly skilled P2Pers.

Nullusion in EH was thoughtful, strategically minded, and a dedicated leader.  I personally saw him as my most likely successor and thought that VG would have the greatest chance of success with him at the helm, though perhaps jointly with some of the former EH council/commanders.  I'm not in a good place to comment on how he leads DR, but I still see him as dedicated clanner and a good friend.

7R85FSe.png