Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

3 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

@ everyone

What's your opinion on the current clan world? 

It's a bit of a tough one. I think that it's actually much healthier than I was sold on in the summer. There are numerous active clans and way more people in the clan world than I had thought there was. I think my one complaint is the box meta. I don't think anyone actually enjoys it, it's just a necessary evil of F2P. But generally speaking, I'm quite happy with the way the clan world operates.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

3 hours ago, true said:

For Trevor:

What were your thoughts when I first spoke to you about Tempest? Has this clan met your expectations? Did you ever want to be involved to this level ever again?

I'll admit you caught me at probably the only time I would have ever agreed to get involved. Obviously I attribute most of that to COVID. But also having just opened up the EH discord, and the swell of nostalgia that I felt when seeing old members return. They are all such friendly faces, and when you messaged me a few days later... How could I say no? Did I think you're crazy? Yes. Do I think you're even crazier now? Yes. But I'm also happy you did. This clan has been far far beyond my expectations. It is easy to compare to EH in so many ways. I didn't think I'd be involved at this level, or would be useful at this level (still don't :hash:) but the atmosphere, community, how welcoming all the members are, how involved everyone wants to be. I didn't think it was possible in this day and age. We're all just adults that enjoy having fun on a video game and that has made it so easy to get involved and stay active.

What about 3lite and Xero made them great callers?

I won't say that they are polar opposites, because they aren't, but they were great for different reasons. 3lite was a master of finding small advantages. He knew when to hit the other clans pile and when to clear snipers. 3lite had an aura of authority about him, and a calming influence. When he was at the fights, everyone felt much better and more confident in victory. Xero was the first caller I had ever heard where I was like, 'wow'. He was loud, authoritative, confident, clear, and I don't think I ever heard him choke. I looked up to him a lot and tried to model a lot of my calling after him.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

3 hours ago, Eric`` said:

Why did you side with df over cor in the original clusters

I wasn't around for this, but I think it was because simply EH had core values that Cor didn't respect. For better or for worse, DF at least publicly shared similar values to EH, and in that time, EH wanted to be involved and make a statement to the clan world. EH and DF also had fairly close ties in those days. I think the decision wasn't a hard one, if I'm honest.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

Who is e undisputed goat of eh callers 

I think that there isn't an undisputed because it would be highly disputed.

I would personally say 3lite due to his strategy and longevity.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

3 hours ago, Eric said:

That clan was full of nice people. 

Do you think there is place for honour / No Honour in the current clan scene?

I think there's always a place for it. Staying true to your values is an indispensable part of your identity.  

• Like 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

Hardest decision outside of the one to close you all ever had to make?

God, that's hard because it was so long ago. If I would have to say, it'd probably be finding a new home. I really struggled to find a place to fit in after EH. I would say the closest I ever came to finding something similar was Solace.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

Least favorite clan to fight

EOS without a doubt. They prided themselves on being cancer to fight and it was a nightmare every time. Couldn't trust them as far as you could throw them.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

What was the most defining moment of eh?

I'll say a bit of an odd response.

@3lite touched on it already, but building our AEST unit was a conscious decision that I felt was fundamental to us growing in a rapidly changing clan world. I became close with Rocky and he had some buddies in an Aussie clan that was closing down. EH had a large, dedicated GMT unit, but fights were starting to drag into the 8-10 hour mark every time. Typically, fights would start Saturday at NoonPST, 3EST, 8GMT. This meant that they'd be going on until the early mornings of GMT. I knew that to supplement our GMT inevitably going to bed, we could add AEST members who would wake up and join the fight as it went on. Throughout Feb, March, April and May, we grew our Aussie numbers to 20-30 people. When we started pulling 100, people were impressed, but EH always had incredible staying power. That DF fight I mentioned earlier -- we ended with 80 people. During that time, that was what made other clans call it off... They would expect us to lose numbers around 1-2am EST, but instead we'd be holding, or even growing, as our Aussies came on. I often look back on that being one of the better strategic decisions I was a part of. 

Obviously there ended up being a falling out, and they all left in short succession, likely contributing to our eventual demise. But it was fun while it lasted.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

1 hour ago, Billy said:

was pt37 as weird in 2006 as he was in like 2012

Pt37's time in EH was so early on and so short that I honestly don't remember him very well.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I don't recall ever having a conventional spy in EH, but we had full forum access. In those days it was as simple as scouting the mass point once you knew the time/loc and we'd just follow you. All clans were extremely naive back then.

Fair enough, I remember finding who's account the spy was on at some point by checking IPs on Zybez versus our forums.  My memory is a bit hazy so I could be incorrect on this, but I think you guys had access to Green Viking's account?

1 hour ago, Juri said:

How many of your memberbase was really AEST or PST as you always seemed to have a really big "late night" unit? 

We had a good core of Aussie members (approximately 10) but other than that were primarily EST-based.  I think we had two advantages to staying in fights longer.  Our memberbase was probably slightly older than clans like VR or DF and I think we had fewer GMT members than most clans. 

DO you remember Broski having late AEST pk trips around 1pm GMT-ish? We (Estonian country clan) used to fight you a lot at those during our school breaks when people were at home? 

We frequently had late night pk trips to fight clans like CL, especially in the early days (~2007). 

Do you think that you could have moved on after the 2009 with a decent leadership chance or was the closure imminent still? 

If the retirement of Islamia, Broski, Grug, and I was more staggered to allow for a better transition of leadership and we had leadership candidates that we had mentored/deemed sufficient for the job, I do not believe EH would have closed.

1 hour ago, Lander said:

Thank you for this EH legends. Did EH have any rivarlies? If so which one was the biggest one and why?

Most folks in EH would consider our biggest rivalry to have been with Violent Resolution.  EH and VR were created around the same time and were competing with each other throughout the entire time EH was alive.  We generally had a pretty antagonistic relationship, other than the very first few months of creation, where we were both struggling against DI.

Otherwise, I would consider us to have rivalries with the following:
Corruption (usually, but rarely fought)
Damage Inc (usually, but one sided power-wise for the first several months/year)
Echo of Silence (occasionally, particularly when EoS was highly active and trying to pick fights, Zybez flaming from EoS seemed to get to many of our members moreso than other clans)

We were generally on good terms with TT, RSD, and DF.

1 hour ago, Flukejiver said:

Which clan in your opinion was the most honorable (other than EH) and least honorable?

Excluding clans that would embrace a "no honor" designation during the time period such as RoT and NI:

Most honorable: TT and RSD as I believed both to be positive and honorable forces in the clan world.  Was very surprised to see TT's AMA and their deal with NI, but still believe they were an honorable clan worthy of respect.
Least honorable: VR - but they owned who they were and I actually respected that.

7R85FSe.png

6 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

What were the biggest strengths/weakness of EH has a whole?

Biggest strength;

We had an unbelievable community. I've said this to a few people, but in my mind, when building an organization, you need two things; character, and culture. 

EH had strong characters. Broski, Islamia, 3lite, Grug, Ava Ad0re, Swtkitten, X Zach, Krystal, Flumbullen, 2ling, Hemzer, Lil Blaknite, Ferrol, Green Viking, Shadowandy, Majin, Cackerot, Dubbel Drank, Dopiefreak, Glimtee, Babaseball (I could literally go all day). Go down the list, and you see strong minded, influential members of the RS community over the years. Whether they were well known for their ingame achievements, mods on Zybez, outspoken in the community, Pmods, etc... These people helped to shape a strong culture of ethics and morality that was the baseline for EH's existence. 

Having this creates a culture. Whatever your culture is, it's important to stick to that. It's like mob mentality. If you can't adapt to the culture, you're naturally shunned. This helps to create connections and community, as well as the ability to fight to the end with one another.

I think this is what made EH so fucking resilient. I posted this on another topic some months ago, but EH were often criticized for 'outlasting', being 'too honourable', 'not adapting to the times'. I will always hang my hat on the fact that we did things the "right way" (or at the very least, our way), and that's what makes me so proud that we managed to claw our way to #1. Because it proved it was possible. Also, those community events drew people together and made us all fight for a common goal. Think it really worked in a positive way. Could say similar things about how Tempest operates.

In terms of weakness;

I'd say numbers were probably our biggest obstacle. We never put too much emphasis on recruiting, we just let people come to us. It was something that hurt us towards the end. We wanted the right people, and a lot of people didn't fit our culture and so wouldn't last long, but I never felt we had sustained periods of pulling 100 people.

• heart 2

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

Idk how many clans around these days were around back then, I assume these were so thoughts on these clans, and if you know anything about how they are nowadays, thoughts on that?

VR

DK

RoT

DF

EoS

Obviously Trevor and Xero still play so Grug/3lite - do you guys have any interest in playing the game again or even still play just not in clanning? What would it take to bring you back to the game? What would it take to get you back into clanning?

^For Trevor and Xero - if Tempest wasn't here would  you still be involved in clanning? If so, what clan. If not, would you play at all?

I think someone else already asked what the most NH thing you guys did was - so what was the most NH thing proposed that you guys ended up not going through with?

What's the worst thing you guys had to remove a member for - in both senses of the word worst. Aka someone you didn't feel should be removed but had to due to clan rules - and someone who REALLY deserved to be removed because they did something terrible.

Thoughts on the current state of PvP in general in RS and the clanning community? Including f2p/p2p/cwa/etc

On another game I played a long time ago a dutch kid named Stefan opened Eternal Honour and claimed he was part of the original clan, though I don't think he claimed he was an official or anything. To my knowledge there was no others in the clan claiming to be EH, though some people from 'real' rs clans like Brutality and other clans did end up in the clan, even if only briefly. Do you know who this Stefan guy may be / if he was actual EH, or did he just steal your name and make up a bunch of lies?

If Jagex reached out to you today and said we want you to reopen - tell us what needs to happen. What would you tell them? Assuming other concerns were non existent (jobs/other irl stuff keeping you busy/being in other clans like Tempest)?

And if that happened and you reopened, what leadership team would you want and what people would you want in the clan?

What is one clan you never got to be a part of that you wish you had?

Did you ever consider leaving EH for another clan? If so why, and what clan?

What clan did you have the most respect for? Least respect?

What clan was the most overrated in your opinion? This doesn't have to be just from the time EH was open if you've been around ages and seen a lot of clans obviously

Is there any funny / interesting stories that never really hit the public about things that happened in the clan that you remember? Or ones that have been lost through time.

Did/do you guys enjoy any content ingame other than PvP?

Do you prefer F2p or P2p? Why? Thoughts on the one you don't prefer ?

Who are 5 people you wish could be part of this AMA but aren't here? Going to guess Islamia will be a common answer for most of you

What are some things during your time in EH leadership that really made you wish you weren't abiding by a code of honour - or made you consider even breaking said code?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png