Eternal Honour's AMA (3lite, Grug, Slaughter17, Xero)

3lite

4 hours ago, true said:

What were your thoughts on Nullusion opening a clan (Vengeance) as EH closed? Did you keep up with it? Did you think it would succeed? 

I personally went to Titans after EH closed, so wasn't involved in the clan opening. I believe I came to it a little after getting removed from the TT application process for inactivity, but was only there for a very short while before it closed. I never really felt it would succeed but I did miss the members from EH and was happy to get involved, even for a brief period.

Do you keep up with his current clan, Deathrow? If so, what do you think about DR as a clan and the success he's led them to in P2P? 

I keep up with them and think he's done a great job of adapting to P2P. They have cool forums and graphics, seem to have fun doing what they do, never really seem to get into too much trouble. Can't fault them if that's what they enjoy.

How would you compare current day Null to the one that was in EH?

Fairly similar. I've always liked Nullusion. There were times where we would butt heads over the direction of EH or the type of fights we wanted to do, but that's just the type of guy Null is. He always wanted what's best for his members and I would expect that is still the case today.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

1 hour ago, 5554447 said:

3lite:

I distinctly remember listening in on the discussion between you and Islamia about closing EH. I remember feeling like I got punched in the gut. At the time, I felt it was a selfish decision on your part to close down the clan instead of attempting to bring in new leadership.  From my perspective, there were enough people with a similar vision and ideals that could have carried on the legacy you left. However, looking back on it, now 10 years removed and with a little more life experience, I can understand why you made the decision. My question is, do you have any regrets about  the decision to close EH, and do you still feel like you made the correct choice?

Numbers

Hey Kent!

You were not alone in feeling the way that you did about EH's closing.  A lot of members didn't understand why we made the decision that we did and felt that the call we made was incorrect.  It doubly angered members when (in the creation of Vengeance), Broski, Islamia, Grug, and I insisted that the clan not be named "Eternal Honour."  We had candidates with potential to fulfill the head leadership positions, but they just weren't ready yet.

The decision definitely wasn't an easy one and contrary to what many might think, I actually think the easiest decision would have been allowing EH to keep going and pass off leadership when we were unsure of the direction the clan might take.  Doing so might allow EH to remain open for a longer period, but could tarnish our legacy, remembrance of the clan as relevant in the clan world, and the ideals that the clan stood for.  Also, if we did not believe EH could be successful in that regard, it would still be doing a disservice to EH as the clan would eventually disband.  With EH closing when it did, most old members look back with pride and fond memories of their time in EH, which might be a different scenario if a different decision had been made. 

The big sacrifice to closing is that the community dispersed with some members now being difficult to contact.  I'm grateful that we've been able to reconnect with so many people in the EH discord and that the chat remains incredibly active to this day.

I feel your pain and wish I had something to go back to with EH in this day and age.  With all that pain, I stand by the decision to close EH and believe it was the correct choice.

7R85FSe.png

1 hour ago, Secret Agent said:

When I was in EH the most frustrating thing was the "no dragging rule" that clans exploited when they fought us -- how did this rule come to be and what were your thoughts about it?

The no dragging rule was a throw back from days gone by.  Dragging was seen as dishonorable by our predecessor, ST, and previously by many other clans.  The no dragging rule particularly pitted the ideas of strategy against the ideals upon which we were founded.  We realized that if we did not adapt, we would be taken advantage of and that changing our stance on dragging was necessary to be competitive.  As the head tactical strategist, I was one of the first leaders to be ok with dragging but many of our leadership team (particularly Broski) were reluctant to change our stance.  Broski eventually agreed that we must adapt or fail, but I think that his continued support of "anti-dragging" was a testament to how highly he valued doing what he felt was the right thing.

Who was EH best caller and why was it not Milad?

As I'd mentioned earlier, I believe S17 was our most consistent caller but that we had many good callers throughout our history.

Special shout out to X Zach 02, Nullusion, Xero, Uber N00blet, Rvcwrestler, and J50.

7R85FSe.png

4 hours ago, Ssj said:

Most memorable EH fight?

Been answered.? 

Worst EH official?

Ooh coNTroVeRSy!! Hopefully this is the most controversial thing I say on the whole topic. ? The reality is, there wasn't any. But for the sake of the argument, I'll say Lil Blaknite. In my mind, Alex was probably in the top 3, if not the #1 member EH ever had. He was well known as the best binder, the richest member, a great tank, at every fight (for the whole thing), active on IRC, forums, Zybez, everything. He was the perfect member, and one of my closest friends. This made me think he'd make the perfect Officer. But for some reason -- and this could be simply because he didn't hold the position long enough -- it didn't quite click. He often said controversial things on Zybez and that led to him constantly being warned by Islamia. The way he acted and represented EH as a member was different than the way he had to represent EH as a rank. As a result, I think he had to change his personality -- which no one should have to do -- and it just wasn't the perfect fit. He was adaptable, though, and I think would have ended up as a great rank over time. I had a ton of respect for him and what he was about. He is one of my favourite people that I ever met on the game. Just thought I'd throw something spicy in. :495994341_:

Biggest regret in EH?

Crashing @true's tank practice in safe CWA portal.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

4 hours ago, true said:

@Vanuckle

If you had led EH instead of the clan closing, what would have been your plan of action? Do you think you would have caved on any of EH's values (ex: spies)?

Tough question. I didn't really want the leadership role. My RL was changing and so were my priorities. I wanted to take a step back from the game. As much as I felt I maybe could have led EH, I was still super young (even compared to most of the member base) and didn't have the experience required. I doubt I would have sacrificed our values. The history meant too much to me. 

My plan would have likely been to continue as we were. Losing Islamia+Grug would have been a hammer blow to us. We had lost a lot of fights leading up to that. Our rank team wasn't the strongest it had ever been. We were hemorrhaging members. So my priority I guess, would have been to steady the trawler. :495994341_: From there, who knows -- probably continue to focus on quality while slowly recruiting our way back into relevance. 

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

5 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

Tough question. I didn't really want the leadership role. My RL was changing and so were my priorities. I wanted to take a step back from the game. As much as I felt I maybe could have led EH, I was still super young (even compared to most of the member base) and didn't have the experience required. I doubt I would have sacrificed our values. The history meant too much to me. 

My plan would have likely been to continue as we were. Losing Islamia+Grug would have been a hammer blow to us. We had lost a lot of fights leading up to that. Our rank team wasn't the strongest it had ever been. We were hemorrhaging members. So my priority I guess, would have been to steady the trawler. :495994341_: From there, who knows -- probably continue to focus on quality while slowly recruiting our way back into relevance. 

#1 Trawler clan all time

• Haha 2

spacer.png

Sup 3lite, I doubt you remember this and I'm surprised I do as well, but I remember we were actually friends from classic when we would mine in W5 Minning Guild lol.

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png

45 minutes ago, Go Leafs said:

Was there a member that retired when ST closed that you wish you had in EH? If so why? (Beyond Flum/Hurt)

I missed Luke Pompey.  I just got along with Luke really well while I was in ST and he had similar beginnings to me (coming from "The").

24 minutes ago, true said:

3lite/Trevor/Xero

What callers from opposing clans did you respect the most?

Its hard to really know how good a caller is without hearing them on audio.  I remember the following as being some big names that gave us trouble or that I remember leading a lot of piles:

F1r30 - Invincible tank
Gwarrior94 - I just remember him as being a central VR caller
Rads - I remember having to pile them a lot
Peterh/Lil2 - ^ Same as above
Conditions21 - Both in EoS and VR

18 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Idk how many clans around these days were around back then, I assume these were so thoughts on these clans, and if you know anything about how they are nowadays, thoughts on that?

VR

DK

RoT

DF

EoS

No comment on these as I'm not active enough to formulate an opinion. 

Obviously Trevor and Xero still play so Grug/3lite - do you guys have any interest in playing the game again or even still play just not in clanning? What would it take to bring you back to the game? What would it take to get you back into clanning?

^For Trevor and Xero - if Tempest wasn't here would  you still be involved in clanning? If so, what clan. If not, would you play at all?

I hadn't had interest in playing the game for a long time.  It was daunting to me to relevel my character and I wasn't willing to commit to the investment.  Over the past few months, I've been playing a bit (got 85 slayer today), which I think was spurred by being involved in the EH Discord.  To get back to clanning, it would require me working out internal struggles with what I would be after in a clan and if I could commit to it.

I think someone else already asked what the most NH thing you guys did was - so what was the most NH thing proposed that you guys ended up not going through with?

EH leadership were offered, and declined to accept, spy accounts for VR forums.  Because it was so long ago, I do not remember the exact details, but I told VR leadership what we were offered and suggested the member change their forum password.

What's the worst thing you guys had to remove a member for - in both senses of the word worst. Aka someone you didn't feel should be removed but had to due to clan rules - and someone who REALLY deserved to be removed because they did something terrible.

One member who did not deserve to be removed (in my opinion) but had to be due to clan rules was Plavljanic.  Plavljanic joined EH and, at some point early in its history, gave his account to a different former ST/EH member, Pure Fear 3 (Jon).  Jon played on Plavljanic for several years without informing leadership.  When Islamia found out, he removed Jon from the clan.

On a member who needed to be removed, there was a member we had named Devil1081.  I really liked Devil as a person, but he was a loose cannon.  He really had a hard time avoiding our rules on Zybez flaming and generally caused a ruckus in the community.  Devil was kicked/left/returned to EH a few times before his chances in the clan were exhausted.

Thoughts on the current state of PvP in general in RS and the clanning community? Including f2p/p2p/cwa/etc

No comment as I am too far on the periphery to make an educated assessment.

On another game I played a long time ago a dutch kid named Stefan opened Eternal Honour and claimed he was part of the original clan, though I don't think he claimed he was an official or anything. To my knowledge there was no others in the clan claiming to be EH, though some people from 'real' rs clans like Brutality and other clans did end up in the clan, even if only briefly. Do you know who this Stefan guy may be / if he was actual EH, or did he just steal your name and make up a bunch of lies?

It is possible, though I don't remember any Stefans through my time in EH.  Our most recognizable Dutch member was Dubbel Drank (RL name: Jorrit), so if I ever get into contact with Jorrit again, I can ask if he knew a Stefan.

If Jagex reached out to you today and said we want you to reopen - tell us what needs to happen. What would you tell them? Assuming other concerns were non existent (jobs/other irl stuff keeping you busy/being in other clans like Tempest)?

And if that happened and you reopened, what leadership team would you want and what people would you want in the clan?

Considering the hypothetical scenario here, I think the most integral things to F2P success that Jagex could change are having binds be the maximum entanglement spell in F2P and allowing hugging.

I would want to retain as much of the leadership team/members as I had in EH, despite having a lot of respect for folks who were in other clans, I respected the leaders from EH and they worked to build a stable community.  I know that is a bit of a lame answer, but it is an honest one.

What is one clan you never got to be a part of that you wish you had?

In my time before EH, when I was in Gladz, I was a clan friend to The Devilz clan.  I made friendships from that clan that still continue to this day and, as shortlived as that clan was, I wish I played a greater part in it.  After being in EH, I never really desired to be in a clan, though I did pk for awhile with a small but close-knit group of friends (shout out to Lonecorp, Poser, Durrette, Venom, LittleJr, Firestar, and Sephiroth). 

Did you ever consider leaving EH for another clan? If so why, and what clan?

Never.

What clan did you have the most respect for? Least respect?

The thing that is tough about this question is that my opinion of clans certainly varied through time and that there were clans that I simultaneously respected for some attributes and did not respect for others.  Throughout time I most respected TT, RSD, and DF.  I least respected RoT, NI, and DK (those that crashed).

What clan was the most overrated in your opinion? This doesn't have to be just from the time EH was open if you've been around ages and seen a lot of clans obviously

I thought that Shadow Elves were quite overrated.  They were quite organized and occasionally capable of pulling around 70 people, but I never really saw them make the jump to where they could be consistently competitive with the major clans.  They were very vocal in the community and I think they got caught in a no-man's land of being the best of the mid-sized clans but being unable to compete with the large clans.

Is there any funny / interesting stories that never really hit the public about things that happened in the clan that you remember? Or ones that have been lost through time.

From an old topic:

As with many clans, we had a rank for new members called “Future Knights” which had a limited capacity to see forums, but could attend all events.  One day I logged into the forums and noticed that one of our members had posted a picture of his bare ass with the words “Hello Future Knights” written in sharpie to the Future Knight forums.  I think it was one of the only times I heard Islamia curse, and I vividly remember me telling him about it and him saying “3lite...what the fuck.”  Islamia and I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do about the situation because we hadn’t encountered anything like it before and we were concerned about violating the forum’s terms of service.  We hid the post, told the guy not to do it again, gave him a short suspension, and all was fine.  The member remained a good member until EH closed.

Did/do you guys enjoy any content ingame other than PvP?

Lots of community events.  Fishing for whatever reason was a big one for us (hence the trawler in the AMA picture).  We also played lots of non-RS games together (shout out to EH DoTA unit).

Do you prefer F2p or P2p? Why? Thoughts on the one you don't prefer ?

For large scale clan fights, I prefer F2P because P2P is too messy and there is too much potential to one item.  Large scale fights are more about dominance and fun than earning money, so its all good that an F2P set is only ~200k.

For small scale, I prefer P2P because there is less KO power for a small F2P unit and also a small P2P unit can make money in game.

Who are 5 people you wish could be part of this AMA but aren't here? Going to guess Islamia will be a common answer for most of you

True first started talking to me about an AMA in ~August.  Since then, I've been trying really hard to find Islamia and Broski.  Both would have great perspectives to add, but I have been unable to track down.  Nullusion would have also been a really interesting person to have involved in this AMA.  Darkpaladin9 would have been interesting, and we just found him a few days ago.  Lastly, I think Tristan138 would have been a really good addition as an important member in the community and one of our officers.

What are some things during your time in EH leadership that really made you wish you weren't abiding by a code of honour - or made you consider even breaking said code?

Dragging (for reasons discussed earlier) is the only instance I can think of.

• Like 1

7R85FSe.png

4 hours ago, true said:

What clan leaders did you respect the most? The least?

Did you read Brian's AMA? If so, any thoughts?

Tough one to remember super vividly. And not necessarily leaders. I'll do my best.

When I was young, I really looked up to Kidefence. He revolutionized the way that callers led in the wild. In terms of leadership, I think Icedrop and Broski stand out to me as two of the most important names in their time. I also had a lot of respect for Ghjjf, Majin Wouter, Chopa, tmo, Bishinmo, and the following that they had. Always a certain level of respect whenever people spoke about those names.

In terms of least? Jeez, hard to say. At a base level I respected any top clan leader because of the time you put into the job.

Thought @Brian's AMA was very interesting and I'm glad he did it. Getting to know Brian on a personal level has been on of the most enjoyable parts of being in Tempest.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

33 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Sup 3lite, I doubt you remember this and I'm surprised I do as well, but I remember we were actually friends from classic when we would mine in W5 Minning Guild lol.

The DF Kiwi is that Kiwi?!  I'm pretty sure I remember you.  You used to wear black armor when mining if I remember right for the fashionscape.

7R85FSe.png

EH AMA hellllll yes.  I am so excited to see this AMA from the folks I spent some of my most enjoyable times in RS with!!  I look forward to reading through all of your responses! I apologize in advance if any of these questions have already been asked. I tried to do a quick glance through the topic to avoid repeats.

Unless otherwise specified, all of my clan-related questions are focused on when I was in EH which was 2006-2007.

@All:

1. Do you think @true is going overboard with the amount of questions he’s asking? I mean, good god, dude, save some questions for the rest of us. LOL.

2. Were there any clans that stood out that you would have loved to have had as official allies? People often joked about EH & DF being buddy buddies and some even called us “Eternal Forces”. Could you have seen them as actually being a good clan as an ally, basically a clan that you felt shared similar sort of ideals as EH?

Fun vid I recorded back then of having a Deathmarch with them <3:

3. Brian mentioned that DI had a 13-hour PKRI with EH one time. Was this the longest PKRI that we had or is there one that comes to mind that was even longer? For each of you, I would like to know what your personal best marathon was – the longest that you stayed awake continuously for a PKRI?  Any struggles that you had? Crazy stories like having multiple bottles of pee piling up beside you as the night dragged on? ?  [If only it was that easy for us ladies…]

4. Eternal Honour stressed maintaining a positive “honorable” image in the clan community, and one major place to do this was on RSC.  Conveniently, EH had many moderators on RSC that could assist in maintaining this image.. My question is, did you ever take advantage of our mod presence (I think there were like 5 of us at one point – I seriously almost made a pixel sig of our mod unit lmao) to help maintain this image? Such as requesting flame posts to be deleted (could’ve been against our own members or from opposing clans that would post things that made EH look bad) or even doing something like pushing to get people banned to eliminate them completely. If you did try to abuse them, were there any naughty EH mods that actually did delete posts for the sake of protecting EH’s image?

@3lite

❤️ My oldest RS friend. ? 

I am curious to know what other names were in the running when deciding upon the clan name.  Did Eternal Honour win by a landslide? Was there another name that the clan almost adopted?  Who originally proposed the name?

My memory is fuzzy.  I obviously remember we were in Gladz together in 2004, but when did you depart Gladz? What clans were you in before EH? How did you find your way to EH? Also, would you agree that green cape > all? ?  

@Grug

GRUGGLES MY FAVORITE AUSSIE ❤️ 

How many pounds of vegemite do you consume on a daily basis? What the hell does vegemite even taste like? Is it sweet or salty?

And same question I gave 3lite about the name: Just curious if there was another name that we almost had. ? 

@Xero

Hiii friend ❤️ As a leader on the battlefield, I’d like to know if you can think of a fight that you feel like you made a huge impact which contributed into EH being victorious in battle.  I know it’s been years, but perhaps there was a time when our fearless leader 3lite fell to the ground, and you seized the opportunity to organize our forces and keep the momentum going in his absence.

@Vanuckle

Sup Trev? ? I am sad that I didn’t get to see you rise to Holy Commander! I would like you to compare and contrast Tempest & Eternal Honour for me, in various ways.  Could be wildy prowess, could be the community, ideals, etc. (Way to drop the ball on letting them pick blue cape btw; should’ve been green, man!)

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 1
  • heart 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, true said:

Who are some EH members that you think were instrumental to the clan's success that never served as officials? 

Too many to even name, but I'll try.

Jonezy50 (captain so idk) - great tank, great back up caller, respected member of the community. Did a lot of work with the snipe unit.

@MILAD (captain so idk) - would do anything for EH and only wanted what was best for us.

Cackerot - best tank in the game at that time (my opinion), GMT dude that would stay up all night, critical member of our snipe unit.

Kinglee30 - quietly one of my best friends, also a GMT dude that would never break, most loyal guy I ever met.

Green Viking - outspoken but a fucking monster. F2P only. Different level of beast.

Babaseball - Elite level sniper, amazing tank, never had a bad thing to say.

Shadowandy - Trusted, true skiller, led so many community events.

Dopiefreak - opinionated on forums but was very respected amongst the community.

@Majin (he was a trial commanader) - think I trusted him above everyone else.

@Teemo - young Teemo was an elite tank, big GMT member, important sniper.

Dubbel Drank - lots of leadership experience and loud dude that was highly respected.

Grogdor J - mature voice that was usually the voice of reason.

@Rclav - involved in everything, everyone loved him, friendly member of the community. Exemplified what it meant to be EH.

Others really memorable names -- Ultimoruss, Julli (kickyobooty), Mr Mooij, Giedriusz (probably my favourite Lith of all time), Medlin, Rocky238, Vonotion, Heraldary, Jobo, Hammer455, @idle1, @Noble Inc, X Pure 04. 

What kind of drama did EH have behind the scenes?

Mostly to do with community events. I would say on a personal level, the times that I became involved with accidently scheduling events over skilling / community often put me in a bit of hot water. I took the community events less seriously than others, because I always believed that we were a PKing clan first. I remember, for instance, that we had a farming event on Sunday afternoons. This was also the same time that TRWF / TR / several other GMT clans would PK, and would be a great time to hit them. So I'd sometimes mass up with no warning and try to hit those clans, often interfering with the event. Those who were running the event would be pissed. Especially if we ended up not hitting anyone. I know that a handful of people disliked me for doing stuff like that.

What mid-size/smaller clans did you respect the most and felt carried similar values to EH?

Smaller clans... Hmm. Maybe a country clan like RDC? They were a dutch country clan that had similar values. In terms of community / skilling events, we were pretty unique. There were clans like TT and RSD with the same outlook on honour (for the most part) but I really don't think at that time, there were too many clans with the goal of having a tight community through skilling / fun events and also being a strong PKing clan. Maybe I could be reminded of some though?

What are your thoughts on WG and His Lordship?

Lordy has done great work at documenting a lot of the clan world and acting as the face of the community. Always thought it was a bit strange that WG didn't involve themselves much in the fighting scene. Think the YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING LEFT thing was one of the funniest and most memorable things on the internet at that point in time.

• Like 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png