I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

How long were Di forums around til you officially removed them and if I remember correctly it still got a ton of activity everyday they were up. So why did you take down the forums this time if it was still getting a decent amount of activity and all of that?

o1Uh7MU.png

1 hour ago, Dr3ambash3r said:

How long were Di forums around til you officially removed them and if I remember correctly it still got a ton of activity everyday they were up. So why did you take down the forums this time if it was still getting a decent amount of activity and all of that?

We moved to paid forums in 2006 because of the limitations of invisionfree. So the current ones have been around from 2006-2017, 2020-. The activity towards the end was still somewhat there, at least compared to other clan forums. In the original era we were doing roughly 60k posts a month. Towards the end of the OSRS around 10k posts a month. They actually stayed quite active while DI was closed, probably more active than towards the end of the OSRS era. I didn't take them down then because although I was leaving the game, I wasn't leaving the community as such. A bit hard to understand for people who weren't active users but the "off topic" community was bigger than the actual DI runescape community back then. The second time I left RS there was no "off topic" community on the forums, just the DI runescape community, so they would of died very quickly. It was never about money for me because I was always out of pocket for them (+TS etc) during OSRS, but I also didn't feel like paying for something no one was using. It isn't costing me anything to have them up at the moment.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

2 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Who's AMA would interest you the most? From people in and out of Tempest

In: Geezer

Out: Won't spoil it but we both know who

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Final questions from me:

How do you want to be remembered by RS players?

Where do you think you rank among the greatest clan leaders in history? Who do you think is the best?

Do people you know IRL know about Ghjjf/DI? Do they understand your level of popularity?

Coke or pepsi?

Story or something you would like to share that wasn't asked about?

I appreciate you doing this AMA, I learned a hell of a lot about your time leading DI that I wouldn't know otherwise. Wish we got to clan sooner than 2020  (not counting your 45 minutes in Renegades...)

aUBwTQ1.png

4 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Final questions from me:

How do you want to be remembered by RS players?

Where do you think you rank among the greatest clan leaders in history? Who do you think is the best?

Do people you know IRL know about Ghjjf/DI? Do they understand your level of popularity?

Coke or pepsi?

Story or something you would like to share that wasn't asked about?

I appreciate you doing this AMA, I learned a hell of a lot about your time leading DI that I wouldn't know otherwise. Wish we got to clan sooner than 2020  (not counting your 45 minutes in Renegades...)

1. In a way I don't want to be remembered. "When you're gone, you're gone". Obviously though people are always going to remember me, either as a friend or an enemy. People might not of liked the way I walked away, people might not of liked the way I treated them. I've done some "dirty" stuff. I only ever did what was best for my clan. If people were to remember me, I'd like to think it would be as a person who enabled them to have a lot of fun in what would otherwise be a boring game. DI's influence played a large part in shaping the clan world in the early days of RS2 and a lot of what you see even now is a result of that. I guess by extension people are going to associate me with a lot of that, but it wasn't all me.

2. Not to be arrogant about it or anything but it's hard to argue there was a more important clan leader than me during the original era, mainly due to longevity and how long DI stayed at the top of our game. For me when I was young Livinlarge21 was always up there. The way he ran RSD influenced the way I ran DI. He always kept things honourable and his made sure his members were respectable.

3. Nope. Obviously when I was younger my parents knew I was up all night playing some game etc, but not who I was or what I was doing.

4. Coke

5. While I've already shared a lot of stories, I've probably forgotten more than I've shared. Back in the day we did a lot of crazy shit. Like the time Ekaggen (and Bronxie) broke into a building and "recovered" then server DI forums were running on after the hosting company went bust. Since this AMA is coming to close soon and these are probably the last major questions I'll be asked I guess I'll say this. A lot of people thought over the years I'm a heartless bastard who didn't care for anyone or anything other than my clan. Even though I've been around a long long time, only 2 or 3 people have actually gotten to know the real me and they'll probably tell you I'm a lot a different than that.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

23 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

What did you think of TT as an overall clan and how did it stand in history of clanning? 

I always liked TT and thought they were a respectable clan. We messed up the first jcup final badly though. Us losing was a bigger story than TT winning.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png