I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

1 hour ago, Geezerpunk said:

I was apart of quite a few (on both sides sometimes) but I am curious who you would put as the toughest rival for DI of the 2004-2009 ERA? 

F2P: DS - Their ability to outlast

P2P Multi: RoT - Towards the end they were gaining on us big time.

Single: AG - You know all the reasons why

Edited by Brian

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Venenatis said:

I'm not good at asking questions on the spot, so i'll ask one that's personally relatable. What were the perks & negatives of rarely using a mic to lead?

When I started clanning no one even considered using voice comms for fights etc (it didn't exist). The organisation was so bad back then compared to even 06 on wards. When people started using teamspeak it was obvious to me I wouldn't be a caller, so I let others do that side of things. I did use my mic a bit towards the end of the first run of DI but not during fights etc. I let people who were good at it do it. Not talking during fights allowed me to focus on a lot of other things like intel coming in etc. I ran things in the background during fights.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

Did you/do you enjoy the level of popularity you've had over the years?

It never bothered me. There was times when I'd have to go private off etc to just do what I wanted for a bit. It's nice be "popular" because that means people remember you whenever I come back from being away for a long time and people will always message me.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Josh 221 said:

What would you attribute to being the core to DI always staying a powerhouse in the clanning scene?

In the early days levels. We had such a huge advantage level wise over every other clan. Then when people caught up with us we just had better tactics and technology. There was also an element of fear in the early days. Eventually though, age caught up with us especially in OSRS. People with family and work commitments can't compete with people who can spend their entire life online.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, The End said:

Was Sir Severed ever in the running for Di Council?

I know people are expecting me to KO him here but in my book yes. Other officials strongly disliked him though so it would of never worked.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Victor said:

did you really use to lead wearing p hats in earlies DI pk days?

why have you closed DI in 2009s when you guys were pulling great and almost own J cup this year (I watched the final against TT) 

As a software Developer what do you preffer? Backend or Frontend? do you have a favorite framework?  

I took it once, I'd guess it was worth about $300-$400 at the time I took it. It should be on youtube. Way back in 04 when no one would even dare touch us we used regularly take rares pking but they were worth a lot less then.

Again, like I said previously, I was just so tired. I could of kept going, but the game was going to shit so all in all it was probably the right time.

Definitely prefer backend work. Done plenty of frontend work but it's not really my thing.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

59 minutes ago, Brian said:

I just felt it was the right time. I was really really tired. I'm not saying I led on my own, of course we had some great guys like Flako, Rad, Sora, Tomisme, but to be a leader back then you needed to give 100% every day and if you missed a single day, something went wrong. I'd been preparing to quit for months but had only told one person and they didn't exactly talk me out of it. I think a lot of the guys I mentioned were also getting tired, but may not of been ready to quit so I just went ahead one day and pulled the plug. I think the game was in decline in a big way around then though so the timing felt alright to most people.

At what point did you decide that you'd rather close the clan with your departure rather than handing the leadership off to someone else? Did it have to do with your sense that the other officials were also tired?

Edited by Dickus

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend