Wilderland's AMA - D96, Vitor & Horn4

D96

There was a period in OSRS after a large loss streak in CWA (something like 6-7 losses), WL followed up that with an impressive win streak of 9 or so wins against some tough opponents in a small period with basically a fight every day. What do you think contributed most to the big turnaround? 

Currently, it appears WL do not enjoy CWA events. Why do you think that is, and what can change member's perspective on CWA fights?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

I just wanna shout out you guys, the Brazilian community in the clan scene has always been massive  and always pretty cool, met a lot of you guys over the years in eos and always had a good time, look forward to the ama!

• Like 1

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

Several New Power members used to be in Arroz, but broke apart from them and some like @Dig Din ended up joining WL. Can you comment more on why that rift happened, and how former Arroz members are finding Wilderland?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

46 minutes ago, true said:

Do you feel like Brazilians were "looked down upon" by the main clan scene? If so, did that bother you?

Tell me about WL's last fight before EOC (WL vs TCL + HA + MB)

Who are WL's main rivals of all time? Which rivals do you respect the least?

What are your thoughts on current day Arroz? Do you think they're a good clan? Who do you respect the most?

Who is the best leader in WL history? The best caller?

1. Main clans always underestimated brazilian clans, but personally I never got bothered since we were always having fun in our "own clan world". We legit had more brazilian clans than main clans now, so it was like a parallel universe.

2. This one was particularly good lmfao, we had like 60 on TS to fight TCL, HA & MB, which probably had 100+ combined. They all started on their own TeamSpeaks and piles. 2 hours in the fight you could see HA & MB on the same pile with "Monocromatic Army" on their auto-typer, and an hour later TCL joined them, their merge became "THM". After 6.5 hours of smoke we still had 70 on TS and they stopped returning. @King_Obina any memories? ##

3. I'd say TCL, SoG, CvC, HA and MMA. I wasn't a part of all those rivalries, but personally got great respect for TCL/SoG/MMA. HA had their peaks, but in general I just couldn't relate to them, specially because they would rather resort to out of game tactics/take the game IRL than losing a fight.

4. It was impressive seeing how an open CC was able to put up a 8 hours fight against us, even if we were still rusty and filled of low levels. Despite that, they're as dirty as a clan can get. Their staff can't control their members and they honestly got no structure. They got doxers and people who will do dirty stuff and even if their staff act like they care, they won't do anything about it.

5. The most famous leader in WL history definitely is Slipknot 14, but I wasn't around back then so I can't say much. From the people I was led by, Wagnerafael definitely stood out. As for callers, we've had great ones through our history, I'd say Filz, Vitor, Ro Arid, Etsvaldo, Oultlaw, Macacox, Luchinot and Angelin definitely left their marks.

43 minutes ago, Ssj said:

Who are the top 3 brazilian tanks of all time?

Hard question, but if that includes portuguese men aswell I'll say 3 names that comes to mind in RS2 & OSRS. For RS2, Felipe Prieb, Oultlaw and Moskah, OSRS I'd say Filz, Vitor and Lemaster.

43 minutes ago, Patrick said:

rank all the Brazilian clans all time

A lot of different eras, but I'll try to sum it up regardless

1. Wilderland

2. The Call of Legends

3. Swords of Glory

4. Cavaleiros Cinzentos

5. Metal Massive Attack

6. Hell Army

There were also many other clans smaller clans like MB, TBK, WSD, AA, DE, GD etc but I never really followed them much

42 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

What was it like in the early days of WL and in first returning to osrs?

How does the WL today compare to the WL of the past?

Favorite rivalries?

If you mean comparing RS2 to OSRS, my experience was completely different. I guess the main difference is that now we have a lot of former rivals with us, which made us stronger. We had a lot of ups and downs back in RS2, but comparing our results/pulls etc from OSRS to our last 2 years in RS2, we're definitely way more consistent by now. Returning to OSRS with the WL boys was really nostalgic and fun, was pretty funny seeing everyone having to learn the game again, talk about old stories and even writing a new one. My favorite rivalries definitely were WL vs TCL & WL vs HA.

42 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Where's ole Newtonville?  Heard from him?

Never heard from him bro

42 minutes ago, The End said:

Which other country clans and international clans did you enjoy fighting most back in the day?

What challenges did you face getting so many people back for OSRS in 2020?

Is the current WL made up mostly up ex-WL or several others from other Brazilian clans?

What do you like/dislike about the current clan world versus the past?

1. A part from brazilian clans, I always enjoyed fighting Fools & NG back then, always great fights. As for main clans, anytime we fought a clan from the top 5 would be mad fun because we'd do a big prep and pull crazy numbers, like it was whenever we fought The Titans, Solace, VR, EOS etc.

2. I guess the main challenges were having everyone to get used to forums again, training their accounts and teaching the box META, specially because back then everyone took fall ins and some people took a while to get used to it.

3. The majority of our ML is definitely made of ex-WL, followed by a good amount of ex-TCLs. We still got a considerable number of members from HA/MMA/MB though.

4. It's honestly hard to point something that's better nowadays, I guess what's been good is that F2P is popping again. It's also good to see so many old faces from old clans back to the game. What I miss about the old clan world was more clans around and longer fights.

Edited by D96

gucpsM8.gif

Whats the biggest pull you've seen from one single brazilian clan?

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

You said in your introduction that currently Wilderland is comprised of members from many different Brazilian clans over time. Do you think there is drama or conflict between former rivals? Are there cliques? How do you manage that drama, if there is any?

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

Rxj6cZX.png

For @D96

Tell me about your time in UBH. I thought it was hilarious when you brought it up recently as I don't recall you being a member, but I would love to know what your thoughts were on the clan and what you enjoyed about it.

aUBwTQ1.png

8 minutes ago, Ssj said:

Whats the biggest pull you've seen from one single brazilian clan?

133 people if I'm not mistaken from when WL fought TCL back in 2009, @Horn can confirm

gucpsM8.gif

@D96 @Vitor

As officials in the new DI -- do you feel you use a lot of the skills you picked up there in leading Wilderland today? 

@Horn

As someone who was away from the game a long time prior to COVID-19 and OSRS, do you feel you lean on the other staff more who had experience with OSRS? What was the biggest surprise to you coming back to the game after so long?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

46 minutes ago, The End said:

An Arroz member gave the below rundown of why Arroz was beefing with WL in OSRS around when WL opened (this quote is from early July). Is any of this accurate/true or just a biased tale?

"Basically wilderland decided to reopen weeks ago and Arroz leader did let some of their members come to our events to loot/ac/etc... Everything was okay between the two clans and one of the Arroz official actually talked with Diogo about a future alliance between the two clans to be sick in both servers P2p/f2p and he said he was going to think about it but never actually happened... Tl;Dr in a wilderness fight between rot vs foe wilderland was there and decided to trash talk towards Arroz and did a small doxing spam about our leader and that's how it started and... Diogo decided to put spys in Arroz after doing that to see our reaction live in their discord and they had sick laughs about it... I mean Diogo said he just wanted to have fun, some sick action and good laughs and not taking this anything srsly but that didn't happen at all... He actually took this very srsly already doing snaky shit aka using his spys to leave cc versus death row when we lost to em 2-1, brainwashing some of our ex members that left us for em, etc... Last tl;dr he said that wilderland was going to close after quarantine was over in his country and that he's doing this just for action and nothing more but the truth is... He was lying all the time to the leader of Arroz lol"

LMFA0

Proud to be part of this history <3 Been WL since 2010. 

FBsyJVv.jpg