MILAD - Mage Old Day AMA

MILAD

Hello everyone. This is my AMA. Ask away anything about me, both stuff related to the game and about me if you'd like. I'm an open book, most of the time anyway.

About my IRL:

My name is Milad. I'm 26 years old. I work in service which includes restaurants around the city of Stockholm, event planning, event venue renting and I also work with wine as a hobby as a  side thing. I also have a degree in accounting. I am fluent in 6 languages and I currently reside in Stockholm, Sweden.

In RuneScape, I went by Mage Old Day, although everyone referred to me as Milad as it was a lot easier. I've been around since 2005, having been in various clans at the bottom of the list and at the top of the highest tier clans. I have a tendency of keeping a recollection of things that people of this game, namely the clanning scene, don't pay attention to or don't find particularly important, but it's things I remnisce because of how attached I once was to the game. Details of specific fights, time periods, what certain people would wield or wear at fights, which period of certain clans highest peaks were, and so forth. 

I started out as any new player would, go out and explore the wilderness because that was the activity I enjoyed mostly with the game. I ran into clans at deep wilderness PKing and there my curiosity for the clanning scene arose. 

Noobs Incorportated: It was all fun and time went by really fast, but I knew that crashing and having no real fights was pointless, which is when I decided to depart and look for a new home.

After leaving NI, I had every intention of getting involved into the clanning scene, specifically with clans that took warring and fights seriously, you know, honourable clans, because that was once appreciated and was taken seriously back in the day. 

The Gladiatorz: I joined Gladz in 2006. They were huge back then. They were a part of an alliance consisting of four clans: The Gladiatorz, Jaguars, The Mighty Red Dragons and 'The' clan. Blackknights were once a part of The Alliance, but decided to depart. For more specific and insider details, please refer to @Vanzant. So, I was here for a short while until I went inactive and came to the conclusion that I'd be a liability by staying and not contributing anything, basically dead weight.  The things I miss about those type of clans were the size of the fights, how many people we had as a turnout for fights against Dark Slayers and other clans of similiar size. A Shame it only lasted for a short amount of time, though. 

Torment: An aussie clan led by Xxsepirothxx and Adrian7. @Dark Invoker was in this clan with me. I left because of timezone issues. Our biggest rivals were TNC (The Neggas Clan). 

Genesis Knights: Led by X Icytouch X (Nathan). Closed.

Eternal Honour, part 1: I was interested in joining EH ever since they opened, and still, til this day, I have no idea why I didn't when I had the chance. I made an introduction and was swiftly declined because I was quite honestly the biggest douchebag you would meet back then, according to certain individuals. Some members had unsettled beef with me for reasons I still don't understand and because of those members, my topic was closed. I did come from a background of "No Honour" having been a part of NI and that created conflicts for me I never wanted to be a part of initially. 

Eternal Honour, part 2: I decided that I'd wait one or two weeks before trying out again. I extended the length of my introduction, with the most bizarre kind of English you would ever read, like ever, thinking that I'd impress the officials.Little did I know, my topic reached 3 replies and was immediately closed, by a retired official, Silentdeathe (God bless you wherever you are, friend) no less and that was when I realized "Ok, these guys don't want me here. Seems like my IRL is connecting with the game too.."

Eternal Honour, part 3 (success):  Third time's a charm, eh? I made my final introduction to EH. The worst thing that could possibly happen by now is me getting banned on forums and eventually IP banned. Okay, very well, I thought. I was greeted with a lot of positive comments for being determined and dedicated to the cause. Big B (Broski) finally decided he'd pay attention to my introduction and accept it, grant me a pass to the next stage to go through my Future Knight process, and the story begins...

I quickly adapted to the scene. Trained my combat level as quickly as possible. Reached 124 combat in no time and was suddenly higher level than 85% of the clan (yes that was a thing back then). I got involved in the community, started to get to know a lot of key members of the community. I participated in some of the biggest fights in the history of this game against clans like Damage Inc, Violent Resolution, Divine Forces, etc. I was a part of the fight against DF where we won with only @Krystal left on the battlefield. Epic scenes.

A few months later, Jagex started to battle Real World Trading. They removed the wilderness on December 10th, 2007, and then the CWA/Bounty Hunter era began. A day before the removal of the wilderness, we fought Collision in what turned out to be a 10 hour fight, which we lost. Collision refused to call it off in honour of a member (Peter) that passed away.

We hit a bit of a slump after the removal of the wilderness,  struggling to pull high numbers for a while. We fought The Titans as one of our first official PK run-ins, a four hour cap, in which we got absolutely battered because we simply couldn't match their turnout. We did manage to stay for the entire four hours, although I wish we hadn't. 

In Eternal honour, we fought clans that were considered #1 various times. We have won, we have lost and I've probably gone emo more than 100 times. We've fought everything and everyone from top to bottom, done everything needed to be done. We had an amazing community that enjoyed events both in the wilderness and community events. 
 The ethics and morals that I was taught in EH were of big meaning to me. I learned a lot from individuals whom I've never met IRL, only linked by a game. People that sometimes I misunderstood because I joined at the age of 12, when many of them were 20 and 25+. I learned more from the older chaps in EH than most of my teachers, and as cliche and cringe as that sounds, it's the truth. I was the only member in EH to be striked 6 times when in reality, if you got 3, you were out. That, at the time, made me feel like I was special. Today, I think about it, people like @3lite, Islamia and Broski had the patience because they cared for me. They were considerate. They were like my parents, but in the game. That's  how I felt. We're also not gonna talk about the fact that if not for certain officials, I would have been out a long time ago. I learned a lot about respect and maturity here. I stayed in EH for 2 and a half years. It closed on the 26th of October, 2009. My ranks here were: Future Knight - Page - Paladin - Adapted Paladin - Exalted Paladin - Legend - Captain. 

After holding on for a few days to see where everyone would go, I was recruited by Kezzab Reds, an official of The Titans to join them. I did, with a couple of more EH members. The others went to join Vengeance, a clan created by Nullusion because he felt like closing EH was not the correct decision, and ergo the creation of Vengeance. With all due respect to Nullusion, I knew it wasn't going to last and that's why I didn't bother joining. No sustainability. 

The Titans: I feel like I've written a book, so I'm going to keep it as short and consice as possible. I joined TT, quickly realizing that this is a different atmosphere, completely nothing like EH's. I was met with a lot of warm welcomes, the vibe was positive and without realizing, I'd already created a reputation for myself in EH, where apparently I was talked about very frequently in TT and RSD (clans I was being recruited by at the time). I chose TT because RSD were to calm, too conventional, somewhat like EH and I wanted to try something different, something new, something more appealing at the time. 

My time calling started in TT. We had already a sick lineup back then when I joined: A duo consisting of Cravez and Dundaine, with Plav getting promoted later on and the rest. Everyhing about TT was quality: The leadership, the tanks, the snipers, the fights, the callers, the layout and planning to everything. We were arguably the strongest clan for a very long time and the only clan to actively challenge us MAN FOR MAN was Runescape Dinasty. The only thing that sucked ass was our zetaboards forums. Fucks sakes.

I got promoted to a rank called Lieutenant, then Captain then Officer. All I knew then was calling. I enjoyed calling with Plav mostly because he was someone I knew I could rely on, even if it turned out that he had issues with me that I got to know retroactively, every single time. I got demoted about 10 times in TT, then reinstated, obviously, courtesy of @Bishinmo. I was a part of the 24 hour fight against Divine Forces that took place in April, 2011. I died more than 250 times. I called for 22 hours out of the 24.  

My time in TT defined a big part of my clanning career back then. I learned a lot. I got involved in a lot of shit. There was a period of when Bishinmo left the clan because, well, he has explained in his AMA. We did good for a month or two after he left and then shit went down the drain again. Key officials e-dating, playing other games, not putting in the necessary effort to make TT rise and great again. I kept ranting, trying to make things happen, creating topics, trying to call for meetings. Unfortunately, the wrong kind of people were promoted and suddenly became decision makers for the clan. The balance that Bishinmo presented was never matched.

I was kicked because I was pressuring the officials to put in more effort, to care more. The leaderboards were filled with topics created by me back then but I guess they never wanted to listen. 

Genesis: I joined Genesis after The Titans. It was a mid-sized clan that were aspiring to reach the top. I wanted to be a part of that project. We had quality that was matched by very few clans pre-EoC. Unfortunately, the whole thing with crashing, ddosing, hacking with other clans escalated quickly, even after OSRS was introduced. The drama continued. 

Interesting fact: Apart from hacking, doxing, ddosing, and sending pizzas to your home address done by Pure Hatred (the clan we had a crashwar with) and Genesis, the most fucked up thing a Genesis member did was hack a PH's member university account, only to cancel his application for a university he applied for. I quickly kicked that certain member. 

Anyway, I was in Genesis for a brief year. I got to know a lot of interesting people, learn a lot of interesting things. It closed on October 2013. Soon after, Pure Hatred closed too because why would they continue...

Damage Inc: I'll keep it short. I joined right after Genesis closed. I was here for two months. I got kicked because... I'm a douchebag and I expressed myself in a vulgar, aggressive kind of way. My intentions for the clan were good and have always been the best at heart. I did it the wrong way. 

Dynasty: No comment
Bearz: No comment

February 2014, I quit the game completely.

Bottom line is: I've been around for a good 15-16 years. I've met and spent more time with people on this game than most of my IRL friends. I was attached. I was obsessed with becoming the best and the greatest wherever I went. I was amongst the youngest people in each clan I've been in. I was misunderstood most of the time. I've learned that English isn't best taught at school, but with a group of people that speak it on a daily basis. Practice makes perfect, I guess. 

Ask away. I'll probably answer in whatever detail you wish for me to do regarding the details of all the clans I've been a part of. It's 2020, so there will be no secrets out there and hopefully nobody will get fussed up about anything ?

Edited by MILAD
  • heart 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

Can you please for once , teach me spanish ffs : ) . 

Jokes aside. While in Gen. Which one is  your  best and worse memory do you have ?.

image.png.8c48770a0ef0f004eaca34db7d861168.png

\_________________________________________________________________________/

441546580_AoWending.png.ceff9a7bfa64e8824cb65025ee5a997c.png

/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\

Always underrated , never dominated

buzAajZ.png

What are your biggest regrets in each clan?

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

What do you feel could have been done to improve Genesis? That was never done?

Edited by I Kill Batty

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif