MILAD - Mage Old Day AMA

MILAD

What were your thoughts on the 24 hour fight vs DF? Did you feel like the fight went on much longer than it should have?

(Wasn't part of it so just wanted to hear a TT PoV)

Also thoughts on Lovelost?

6 hours ago, Secret Agent said:

u lost ur virginity to a 50+ yr old

confirm / deny 

@Josh  ^

Fucking lol the cougar story 

yeah what was it like being 30ish years younger? Do you wish you waited a bit longer?

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

Which clan did you never join but you wish you did, or wonder what it would be like? 

was davej10 the best member in TT? 

who from other clans do you wish you could have recruited to EH or TT? 

Were Zlat and I really your best mates? 

How poor were you in TT to keep making me give you sets? 

How much did you dislike SE back in the day?

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action

Good read tbh. 

If there was a clan you wish you could've tried, who would it have been? 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

In tt we had high tanking standards, but you were so often one hit. Do you wish we had more bishinmo tank practices in the gulags to help you? 

Best tanks you fought against? 

you coming finland soon for a pint?

When you were in EH, you were extremely passionate about the clan.  You made a lot of forums topics to try to hype members up and also were the first to defend us on Zybez.  Sometimes your Zybez defending wasn't in line with the EH rules and got you into a bit of trouble.  At the time, did you feel EH leadership was being unfair, because you were trying to express pride in your clan in your own way?  Especially as other clans did not typically see flaming on Zybez as a negative?

I think it is interesting that you classified TT as different to EH.  As EH was closing, I would have considered TT to be one of the most similar clans to EH in terms of morals and structure.  Did you ever consider joining VR, EoS, or Corr?

If I remember right, you were a mentor in EH.  Being so young at the time, do you think being a mentor helped you to grow as you were helping others to become oriented with the clan?  (Apologies if I'm misremembering you as a mentor - it has been awhile)

I would have considered you to be one of the most important members in the EH community.  You were always active in ventrilo, chat, and on forums.  What other members in EH do you remember as being really important to the community aspect of the clan?

Lastly, you had a really wide range of experiences in clans, everything from NI, to small/mid-sized clans, to the warring style of Gladz, and to big PKRI clans.  It seems like you've continued to bounce around between mid-sized and larger clans since EH.   What do you like about mid-sized clans?  What do you like about larger ones?

7R85FSe.png

10 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What are some of your favorite varietals of wine and why?

Qvevri Wines and Saperavi grapes. 

Saperavi is a personal favourite from Georgia. It produces rich dark red wines suitable for extended aging, sometimes it can be all from 10-50 years. That's what I love about it mostly. 

10 hours ago, Yoda said:

On a scale of micropenis to huge dick how do you rate @true?

What I like about True is his determination to enjoy the game and his diplomatic side. He wants to get things rolling in the right direction and strives sometimes to be the middle man of two people in a conflict to try and solve it. More like a father from Alabama. 

10 hours ago, Pietru said:

Why don't you step on your grapes

I'm personally not fond of stepping on grapes even if it has been done in that way for centuries. I believe in hand-mashing. ?

• Haha 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

12 hours ago, Feeenix said:

Can you please for once , teach me spanish ffs : ) . 

Jokes aside. While in Gen. Which one is  your  best and worse memory do you have ?.

Anytime you'd like ❤️

Best memory would have to be when we rolled up to the world war during the first summer of OSRS. We pulled close to 75 people and outperformed clans like DF/DI/VR etc. We kept going for houras and hours. It was enjoyable.

Worst memory would be all the hacking/crashing/ddosing against PH. It was senseless and too repetitive. No point and nobody gained anything at the end. 

12 hours ago, Secret Agent said:

u lost ur virginity to a 50+ yr old

confirm / deny 

@Josh  ^

42 years old

12 hours ago, true said:

What are your favorite things about Tempest?

Who are your favorite 5 callers all time?

What is your favorite fight all time?

Who from the clan world would you smack IRL?

The community. The people. It seems like everyone is older and more grown up, and yet we're still able to enjoy things together more than we did when we were 15 years old. We've built something really special, gathered seeds from all possible corners, bad or good, and made something of our own. I truly respect the individuals behind this project and putting it together, and lastly the people that joined and made that vision a reality.

Tika191 - probably one of the most gifted callers I've ever heard.

Slaughter17 - Even though we never led together, I learned a lot from him in terms of in-game sense and transtioning.

Plaffy - didn't end well between us at the end of TT, but gotta give credit where credit is due. Hands down one of the best.

3lite - Calm, collected and logical.

Cravez - Was a complete monster, especially when we fought DF.

Gochance1 and David - Really synced, good chemistry and some of the best transitions/game sense I've seen. 

24 hour fight against DF. Easily.

Interesting question @true.... 

I'd say Scuzzedout from TT/Flavofaven99 from EH

And probably @Saxo 

12 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

What are your biggest regrets in each clan?

Noobs Inc: Not leaving earlier or even joining in the first place.

Gladiatorz: I wish I had gotten the full experience of Gladz.

Torment: Nothing, it was just wrong to join seeing that the timezone didn't fit.

Genesis Knights: Nothing

Eternal Honour: Not joining earlier. I learned more here than any place I've been to. Some of what I've learned, in terms of personality and attributes are things I've taken with me to the real world. There are things I wanted to be changed in the clan in terms of sense of direction, where we were headed and what our end goal would be. I expressed myself in the wrong kind of way, though always had the best interest at heart. 

The Titans: It was mostly at the end of my time there. I feel a great responsibility of what happened towards the end with TT. Even though I pushed for things to change and improve, I wish that I had gotten a better relationship with certain individuals who at the time suddenly became decision makers for the clan so that we could all have changed the structure and direction of the clan. Unfortunately that was not the case. 

Genesis: I wish that we didn't get into that stupid crashwar. We kept going because of e-pride and PH did the same thing. It was like children playing buckets and spades in a sandbox. I wish that things didn't escalate as bad as they did. Genesis had lots and lots of potential to get better and improve in terms of quality and turnouts. 

Damage Inc: The way things were conducted in DI were different to anything I've seen before. The kind of officials, the kind of people, the community, it was different in ways I find diffucult to explain. I liked it. I wanted to be a part of the clan and help out. I was too over enthusiastic at times, both on IRC and TS. I expressed myself in an aggressive kind of way with the intentions of improving the clan. Obviously, that was the wrong approach. I wish that my time in DI could've been longer. 

Dynasty: Not joining

Bearz: Not joining

Edited by MILAD

Q2Qhkdy.png

10 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

what clan did you enjoy being in the most?

Difficult question... 

I'd say it's a coin flip between TT and EH.

10 hours ago, true said:

What is the most "NH" thing you've ever done?

What were your honest thoughts of me from 2010-2012 compared to now?

What clan do you wish you had joined that you didn't get a chance to?

Putting spies in clans that didn't deserve it. Also crashing clans like RSD on a spare. I've been Genesis where everything that you could imagine take place, although I was never a part of it nor did I condone it. 

I feel like you were one of the few officials that were easy to talk with. We felt obliged to dislike each other because of the aggressive relationship TT and DF had back then. Although, I never felt any hostility against you or any form of hatred. I did despise some of your officials/members, but never anything against you. In fact, I felt like you were one of the most civilized individuals of the clan world and the mature face of DF. Now, I feel like the aforementioned is developed even more. You promote a sense of affinity in the community, like people belong, a sense of fellowship. I respect that a lot.

Corruption at their peak. Seemed like something any individual back then would have wanted to be a part of.

Also, DF. It seemed like I knew many people in DF, talked with many people in DF, but for some reason never joined.

10 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

how are you enjoying your time in tempest? How would you rate your time here so far compared to your other clans like EH and TT

The difference now is that the year is 2020. I see things differently in comparison to the years of 2007-2012. I feel like there is a lot of transparency in Tempest. There are no sects and no cults like there was back in the day, you know a group of their own, doing their own sorts of activities. Everyone here is in the same boat I feel and there are no favourites. 

10 hours ago, Eric`` said:

favorite memory?

Definitely the 24 hour fight against DF. Can't be matched with anything else. The feeling of 100 people screaming on Teamspeak after winning a fight that lasted for 24 hours. I don't know whether I'll take that kind of accomplishment with me to the trophy cabinet, or perform the walk of shame. 

10 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

What do you feel could have been done to improve Genesis? That was never done?

I feel like activity and involvement amongst the officials could've been a lot more. We've had periods where officials often disappeared and a pack of 3-4 people lifted the clan up. I feel like we were too trapped in our e-pride to actually realize that we were hurting ourselves and our members, no less. The clan was created after the perfect kind of ideology. We didn't invest a lot of time and care towards the end, which resulted in closing. 

Q2Qhkdy.png

10 hours ago, D96 said:

Best clan you've been a part of?

5 brazilian/portuguese warrers that comes to mind?

Do you wish there were a big amount of sweden country clans?

Do you know someone from RS IRL?

In terms of quality and structure, The Titans. We had the best of everything: leaders, tanks, callers, snipers. You name it.

S2 Guh S2, Ro Arid, Diogo96, Pedro War & Armorhelmet 3

Of course. I tried to join Team Sweden back in the day and improve it. Although many of them back then were interested in skilling and community events. But yes, of course. We didn't quite manage to achieve what other country clans were able to do, unfortunately ?

Yes. Do you remember Karatekungen? We've met IRL multiple times. 

10 hours ago, dnd5 said:

How many tears did you shed when I quit tt

You were like Judas. I actually felt sad. ?

10 hours ago, true said:

Because of all the crashing/out of game stuff that ensued, do you feel like Genesis was ultimately a disappointment? Member quality wise, that clan was decent.

Was JcJack a good leader? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Does he compare to the likes of Islamia/Bishinmo?

To be blunt, yes. I feel like we didn't reach what we set out to. I feel like we could've done so much more. Too bad we threw a lot of it on crashing/other NH activities. 

Jack was a good leader. He stood up for Genesis and did a lot of good work. He knew how to delegate stuff as well. He had periods of inactivity, periods of disappearing which created some kind of inconsistensy. Islamia was structured leader. He probably is some kind of general/captain within the army. He was formidable, strict, but also fair. Bishinmo was a tad bit more flexible, saw more fun in simple things, wasn't your everyday, conventional boring leader. He formed a big kind of presence. I don't feel like Jack had that. Maybe it has to do something with age.

• Like 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

11 hours ago, Req said:

What's the story behind the name Mage Old Day?

I read a story about how magic was performed as a form of ritualistic healing. It was written centuries ago. I don't recall what it was called. I got inspired. I created an account trying to refer to it as best I could, and thus the creation of Mage Old Day. I know... ?

11 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on these clans in their current forms:

RoT

AF

Rev

SV

DF

Tempest

CL

DK

VR

EoS

WL

WM

and these clans that are no longer around:

Downfall

Jaja

Di

i think all these were around during your time if not or if u didnt rlly have any experience with them then mb

Rot: Losing out on what could be the best time of their existence seeing clans are returning to F2p, actually fighting and enjoying themselves, and they are acting like blind children having no idea what they are doing, convincing their members they are having fun. It's sad really, seeing as Rot was quality when they opened up their doors in the beginning of OSRS.

AF: Haven't interacted with them a lot, but they seem to be pulling huge numbers and have an edge on both F2p and P2p. Kudos.

Rev: Big numbers, good members. Always enjoy fighting them. Not really sure how they got mixed into the drama and beef. 

SV: Bunch of parasites, really. 

DF: Seems to be doing their own thing in P2p. Casually venture into F2p, but I haven't seen much of them to be honest. If they motivated their members, they would become a force in F2p like they once were.

Tempest: We were created by bringing lots and lots of individuals from different places. We have taken everything by storm. We practically revived the F2p clanning scene and made it the most active it has ever been since 2016 (?). We made a reform, we're the revolutionists. 

CL: Haven't seen anything. We fought them once or twice I believe, but nothing special or deserving of a comment.

DK, as in Divine Kings? No idea.

VR: Saw them fight once or twice. Seems like they are improving and getting better. Hopefully more to come in the close future.

EoS: Haven't seen anything yet.

WL: A real force of the F2p clanning scene. I give them props for being able to assemble a large amount of Brazilians to rejuvenate Wilderland. They are organized, spam towers always high and respectable memberbase. I always enjoy fighting them.

WM: No idea.

Downfall: Didn't really get the chance to have any interection with Downfall during OSRS.

Jaja: Funny group of people, didn't interact with them.

Damage Inc: Always seemed neutral. Got dragged into drama that was usually not theirs but that's also a consequence of the fact that there weren't many big top dogs. You always want to fight, you want to be involved. Had a sick memberbase of high levels in the beginning of OSRS, and if you ask me, if with the proper callers, they would've been 10 times better than RoT.

Edited by MILAD
  • Like 3

Q2Qhkdy.png

11 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on this current era in clanning vs. those of the past? People are supposed to have grown up, take their e-pride somewhere else and actually enjoy the game. Seems like we applied more honour, better routines and less acts of being juvenile when we were younger than now. Things back then were better in terms of honour and structure. Less bullshit, so to speak.

What would you change about today's clanning if you had the power? A lot. But, if I could change one thing, and this is mainly directed at Jagex: Make it possible for clans to choose who they want to fight, just like the concept of CWA, but applied in the wilderness. If others were to spectate, they could do it on site without the attack option or from an orb. I know it ruins the some aspects of wilderness, but it's a choice clans would take on their own.

What's something you would want to incorporate from today's clanning, if anything, into previous eras?  Organisation, style switching and how advanced it has become. Calling today is also different. I mean, standing 4x4, boxed up, calling transition after transition in the wilderness, when a person has been snared for 10 seconds can sometimes get too repetitive, quite frankly. That's why I believe that implement all of those aforementioned things into previous eras, except for calling. 

Similarly but not exclusive to PvP - what are things you'd want added to the game today from pre eoc and is there anything now you wish the game had back then? Anything you'd want to just outright remove from either era (ingame content, not doxing/out of game shit though obviously that'd be nice) Honestly, I feel like Jagex toyed too much with the game pre-EoC. They tried to improve it in various ways, although they never knew how. I feel like OSRS has been the best thing they've done in a long while. Now the things that need to be fixed on OSRS is different topic, but I feel like I want nothing from the old game implemented into OSRS. 

What are your favorite and least favorite qualities in the leaders you've had to date? 3lite: A great leader around the community, got close to people and made them feel like they belonged. Although, he was too careful and too conventional in my opinion. Same thing applies for Islamia. I feel like both had invested time and care for the clan, and if not for them EH wouldn't have reached the heights it did. 

Bishinmo was different in the way that he wanted to strive to become #1, like he wanted to become the best. He had a flexible approach to the members, he could feel like a kid in an old man's body.  

Do you ever get mistook for the other milad who isn't a very popular or likeable individual ? No idea who he is.

Ever considered joining Team Sweden ? If yeah what stopped you? Thoughts on their current clan? I did join for a brief period of time. They weren't interested all too much in clanning. Haven't seen much of them during my time back.

What got you interested in returning / coming back after 6 years away from the game? I logged in on my account to feel some kind of nostalgia. The first person that popped into my head was True 2k8, for some reason. I joined his clan chat and it was filled with e-daters. I was like "oh shit, here we go again". He invited me to his server on Discord. I disappeared for a couple of months again, and then he DM's me on Discord saying that he will open up Tempest. And here I am.

What's one clan that hasn't resurrected that you'd want to, and that you believe could actually do well if resurrected? Shadow Elves.

Most overrated clan you've seen in your career? EoS/VR, easily. 

Favorite / least favorite clans you've never been part of? Something between EH and TT. Least favourite: Probably Torment. Timezone issues.

It seems like you have the most positive things to say about EH and TT, but it seems like you perhaps had less of a rough time in TT - perhaps due to some of the lessons learned in EH. If you could have nabbed a member from each rival clan while you were an official in TT, who and why? 

From DF: True 2k8 or Sgt Frank1. Good official, good caller, a good guy to talk to. Sgt Frank was a tank. He would fit in just perfect in TT.

From VR: Nodari567 - Seemed like the only individual besides Evizu who made it possible to talk with. 

From RSD: Lil Blaknite - One of the best members EH has ever had. Dedicated, stayed at fights from start to end. Bound all fights. He was also a great person.

From EoS: Allstar049. He seemed like he did everything and was around, like all the freaking time.

From RoT: Bereadytodie. He may be a scumbag, but a good scumbag to have by your side.

From Solace: Ts Danne - Quality sniper/tank. Also a swede.

From Corruption: Jayjay - It was very simple to set up fights with Jayjay. He was a great caller as well and a great official. 

Edited by MILAD
  • Like 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

11 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

Top 5 tanks of EH?

Throughout your runescape career and clanning was there someone you looked up to?

In your clanning career do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?

Cackerot, Kinglee30, Hammer455, Tristan138 and S2 Guh S2.

Several. @3lite, Islamia, Broski, Ava Ad0re, Bishinmo. All great individuals, ahead of their time and quality in many different aspects.

I wish that I joined certain clans at an earlier stage of their existence. Too bad that didn't happen ?

11 hours ago, true said:

Can you tell us about the influence @3lite had on your clanning career?

I feel like Derek was one of very few individuals who I could talk openly to. Obviously with me being a kid back then, I misunderstood the concept of basic dialogue, patience and routine. I observed the way he would write topics, the words he would use and how he would reach out to people and what kind of influence he would have on them. I respected that a lot and looked up to him in many different ways. Of course, I didn't think about it back then, but I truly believe that everything I've observed from Derek during all of those years has subconsciously made an impact on me in a positive light. 

10 hours ago, Sus said:

MILAD during your short duration in DI you were a great caller and always a good laugh lol

Who was your favorite/hated DI members?

Hey Sus. Good to see you around brother ❤️

Some of the favourite members in DI were Hatebreeder, yourself, @Josh@Venom, @inf`, @Brian obviously he was one of the reasons I joined. A bunch more that I kept close contact with during my time there.

I didn't particularly hate anybody in DI. I disliked a few members, but not to the point where it's worth mentioning.

Q2Qhkdy.png