Crypto/Stocks/Investment

Ssj

I've never dived into crypto but my gf and I have a well diversified portfolio. Mix of growth / dividend stocks in mine and etfs in hers.

Biggest gains include 13x return on Tesla I bought 2 years ago. Avg cost basis of $49, roughly $250 back before the split

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NarNumbers said:

I've never dived into crypto but my gf and I have a well diversified portfolio. Mix of growth / dividend stocks in mine and etfs in hers.

Biggest gains include 13x return on Tesla I bought 2 years ago. Avg cost basis of $49, roughly $250 back before the split

Nice man! 

Love to see some investment talk, personally all in index funds at the moment but have about 10k in Amazon as my only single stock holding. I typically pick a handful of "outperformers" each year, and the rest stays in my index funds. 

• Like 1

Can't buy crypto due to job ?  Some good gains for those who had it though.

Even if I had bought, it'd probably be gone now as one of the crypto exchanges in Canada (QuadrigaCX) turned out to be a scam!  It's an interesting story if you haven't heard it.

• Like 1

spacer.png

FGQRWOa.gif
HJ3n53w.gif
qXPPmoF.gif

1 hour ago, Pickle Pat said:

Nice man! 

Love to see some investment talk, personally all in index funds at the moment but have about 10k in Amazon as my only single stock holding. I typically pick a handful of "outperformers" each year, and the rest stays in my index funds. 

I think that is a wise investment decision. What ETFs do you hold?

• Like 1

chilling with shopify, upwork, and fiverr as my real picks and jumia, palantir, spce, and tsla as my meme picks

bought a few cryptos back in 2017 and the only one that went somewhere was chainlink

• Like 1

drake.png.9610b4e05b74e757fb0e274545cd5603.png

I was shocked when I came to these forums and did not see much mention of Bitcoin. Glad to see this now.

I learned about Bitcoin around the summer of 2013, thought it was some Reddit circlejerk. It wasn't until 2017 when I finally put some time aside to learn about Bitcoin, and invest in it. One of my top performers since I started investing few years ago. #Bitcoin is here to stay, and it's most likely to reach six digits very soon (after a few crashes in price, of course).

I think we all have different risk-tolerance levels, and also are in different [financial] positions in our lives. All I will say is that you can easily beat [by many multiples] ETF/Index Funds' performance if you're willing to put hours and efforts into researching and analyzing different angles of certain investments/stocks.

I am not a day trader, so I usually buy assets for the long term. Talking about years, not months. My big winners are Tesla, Netflix, Square, Amazon, Paypal, Apple, Microsoft, and some others. 

* It's also worth mentioning Real Estate (RE). Ventured into RE this year. Montreal's RE market is going to end up like Toronto & Vancouver very soon!

Edited by Shinobi
  • Like 1

K9iigpi.png

14 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

I was shocked when I came to these forums and did not see much mention of Bitcoin. Glad to see this now.

I learned about Bitcoin around the summer of 2013, thought it was some Reddit circlejerk. It wasn't until 2017 when I finally put some time aside to learn about Bitcoin, and invest in it. One of my top performers since I started investing few years ago. #Bitcoin is here to stay, and it's most likely to reach six digits very soon (after a few crashes in price, of course).

I think we all have different risk-tolerance levels, and also are in different [financial] positions in our lives. All I will say is that you can easily beat [by many multiples] ETF/Index Funds' performance if you're willing to put hours and efforts into researching and analyzing different angles of certain investments/stocks.

I am not a day trader, so I usually buy assets for the long term. Talking about years, not months. My big winners are Tesla, Netflix, Square, Amazon, Paypal, Apple, Microsoft, and some others. 

* It's also worth mentioning Real Estate (RE). Ventured into RE this year. Montreal's RE market is going to end up like Toronto & Vancouver very soon!

I've heard about real estate but I don't know much about it. Hows venturing into that going?

And did you make money off any of those meta companies tesla/netflix etc before they went huge or have you just invested in those recently?

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

2 minutes ago, Ssj said:

I've heard about real estate but I don't know much about it. Hows venturing into that going?

And did you make money off any of those meta companies tesla/netflix etc before they went huge or have you just invested in those recently?

Yes I made 3x or 4x+ for some of those stocks, so far of course. I think by ~2023 some of these investments will be 10x+ from what I originally put in. Many more gains to be had, basically.

RE is a long game, I just bought my condo end of last summer so it's way too early to say anything. But I'm confident I've gained ~20% value on it already (as I said, Montreal's RE prices are a bit crazy since COVID), which is massive considering the prices of RE/etc.

• Like 1

K9iigpi.png

35 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

Yes I made 3x or 4x+ for some of those stocks, so far of course. I think by ~2023 some of these investments will be 10x+ from what I originally put in. Many more gains to be had, basically.

RE is a long game, I just bought my condo end of last summer so it's way too early to say anything. But I'm confident I've gained ~20% value on it already (as I said, Montreal's RE prices are a bit crazy since COVID), which is massive considering the prices of RE/etc.

Damn thats crazy, will definitely look into real estate. What way do you go about for investing in tesla, amazon, paypal etc

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png