D2Master12 - AMA

D2master12

22 minutes ago, true said:

What do you regret about Syndicate?

I regret losing contact with Hios from Collision the most. He was an excellent caller and we had a true 3 headed monster with Hios, Lukas, and myself in Syndicate. Not to mention Kronca who was 1 of the elite snipers in the game at the time. I know it is a hard transition leading in a top #10 clan to jump to a top #5 clan and then a top #1 clan but I think he would have excelled at all levels. 

I also regret letting a lot of the members and some of the leadership team down by closing when they wanted to stay open. It was a bit selfish on my part because a lot of the clan was content with being top #8, but that was not how I wanted to retire. 

What did you like/dislike about Exodus?

I liked the people that I met there. Arma150 and Funkymunky11 were probably my 2 favorite people. Josh and others were also cool.

I disliked the size of the clan. I realized that I really missed leading 100+ fights and the 60+ fights were basically the same as in Syndicate. 

What were the biggest differences between CoR & VR?

CoR was built on respect and quality. Everyone followed the hierarchy of the elders and leadership, almost to a fault. In my time, CoR had established their standards and would not make exceptions for anyone who didn't follow them. For this reason, CoR breaded all star leaders and members who went on to have great careers. They followed the rules by the book and helped enforce the rules of the clan world. In many cases CoR was the standard in terms of what you wanted in a balanced attack of activity, honor, and standards in a F2P clan and respected by everyone.

I think VR was the most fearless in terms of going out in the wilderness regardless of what the odds were against them. VR let their members do whatever they wanted for the most part which seemed to actually create a more fun and love for the game. They embraced being, "the hated clan" and in fact played into the role in some cases. They consistently shake up the clan world and make their own rules on what they want to do and don't care about the consequences. I don't think this is appreciated enough because having VR in the clan world made things more interesting for everyone. 

What CoR members do you wish came with you through VR?

I actually did not want any CoR to follow me in the clans I joined. In fact I told most of the members who wanted to join not to. I wanted them to create their own legacy and keep CoR a strong clan. It was good for the clan world to have a balance of top clans around.
Hypothetically if CoR closed and I was recruiting them to VR, the top people on my list who didn't already join would be (no particular order):

Andy4309 - absolute legend of a fall in leader

Dragon Boss6 - Another great tank and fall in leader

Ngaged - Probably CoR's best sniper. Also the luckiest account in CoR

Applerune - Rejuvenated CoR

Chopa234 - CoR's best leader

J flemm - CoR's best historical binder

Magicarrow - All around 1 of the best members in CoR

Starman - All around 1 of the best members in CoR

Gwarzo - All around 1 of the best members in CoR

Mecury15 - Did it everything kind of guy

Roguejedi88 - Always was a solid binder

Kovajda - Did it everything kind of guy

With you and Lukas..who was a better caller?

The consensus seemed to be that I was the better caller. But this isn't a knock on Lukas since he was excellent also

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

50 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

which clan do you enjoy being in the most?

Corruption

I learned everything I knew from Corruption and put my own stamp on things. I spent 4-5 years here and I enjoyed contributing to a lot of the success that we were having. Also, the rivalry fights with DF were the best. 

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

46 minutes ago, true said:

What are your opinions of these CoR officials:

La Hire 44 @Eric``

I wish he would have stayed longer. He added a good surge into the leadership team. I don't blame him for leaving though. I think he discovered a lot of the issues with the leadership division which was basically just Demonchild vs everyone else / anyone who was getting more attention than he did which kills me to say because I liked Demonchild. All around he did everything you could want in a leadership spot / member. 

Radicalsurfu

Rad is probably the #2 best fall in leader behind Andy in CoR's history. He was a big part of bringing CoR into the top rankings. Was active, a good tank, called good piles, was an excellent binder, could snipe, etc. It was a huge loss to the clan when he got kicked/left by Demonchild. 

Demonchild

Looking back on it I think he ultimately held CoR back more than he helped the clan. Demonchild was responsible for having some of CoR's best officials quit/retire/or get kicked often over petty things such as other leaders being more beloved to him. Some of the most known guys were Chopa, Rad, Dragon boss, Lukas, myself, Conditions21. CoR's respect for hierarchy was so strong it was almost to a fault. I never heard anyone from other clans recognize him for being significant and personally I don't think he contributed much to CoR's success other than being a super old school guy. 

Robtokill

This guy is probably the most important person in Corruption's history. He basically made and led CoR for many years. His restless attitude is what I believe put CoR into the top clan tier. He was one of those legend guys that every top clan needed and was respected by everyone for all that he did for the clan. I think it was because Rob supported Demonchild that Demonchild got away with so much. Even when Rob wasn't in the leader rank, his word had a big say in things to all. 

What CoR officials after your time do you wish you worked with?

I think I would have got along well with Applerune. I was the main person pushing to get all the DA guys to get promoted early when they joined CoR because they were exactly the type of smart and strong people that we had been desperately needing. I was willing to take the backlash from some people about promoting applerune, jayjay, mage boy early because of how much I believed in the them. It was too bad that I left shortly after they were promoted, but they did a good job keeping CoR strong. 

Did you ever consider going back to CoR?

No I didn't. I figured that relationship was completely killed. 

What was your thoughts on the Vr leadership at the time of our Era?

Evizu - 

Dennis - 

Kaochinx - 

Mike -

Arma -

Lukas - 

Rad - 

Craigberry -

Empire -

w4jJL.png

Never mentioned this to you but COR never really went out of our way to recruit anyone. We would never try to poach from other clans, steal clans officials, or plant seeds of doubt to lure people away or what have you. It just wasn't our style... people just kind of joined and we took what we got. But I can remember conversations with Rob and Demon about trying to get you to come back. Myself and others (I think I spoke to Starman about this, can't quite remember) always felt like you wouldn't fit in with VR and that we could get you back maybe, but Rob and Demon were pretty hell bent on it not happening. If it was brought up it was basically "he choose his path and joined VR and it is what it is" type thing.

There was definitely a "he's boys with Lukas and being influenced" type thing going on from our POV. But who's to say? It doesn't matter anymore. 

I know you really enjoyed your time in VR but it is crazy to think about what could have been. You would have almost certainly been the next leader of COR had you not left. It's interesting to think about all these years later. You deserve your respect as one of the best COR officials ever - even though you left. I don't think anyone who really mattered has ever told you that but it's true.

• Like 1

Outside of the 4 clans you were in which other two clans (in order of preference) would you have joined

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

14 minutes ago, true said:

Do you regret not mending fences with CoR at some point?

Not trying to hijack the AMA but I'd like to add from COR's POV as an official in the clan when D2 left:

Nobody was mad at D2 for leaving. It certainly wasn't a hatred thing or a "screw him" type of scenario. EVERYONE was supremely disappointed. But nobody was mad and I think there is a huge difference between the two - anyone who was an official in a high ranking clan and had this happen to them probably knows what I'm talking about. Everyone disliked Lukas and was glad he was gone. There were really no fences to be mended with D2, if he tried to rejoin we would have gave him hell simply on principle but he would have been welcomed back. We always felt D2 was pretty insistent on not screwing us over or talking bad about us, even though he left, and he proved that over time. He clearly loved COR despite what transpired. 

The dynamics of his leaving, prior officials, and officials after probably deserves an AMA by itself. There are a lot of moving parts. D2 alluded to it earlier with himself, Lukas, Chopa, Conditions21, etc.

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 3

On 1/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, true said:

Having been in a lot of clans with a lot of skilled individuals, what would be your leadership "dream team"

This is so tough because there were so many great guys. Probably forgetting so many people

Leader

D2master12

Ghjjf

Evizu 

Chopa234

High Council

Andy4309

Cera S6

Radicalsurfu

Lukas1400

True 2k8

Applerune

Warlord

F1r3o

D0nts R4ng3r

Flinstoneman

Conditions21

Peterh007

Council

Kidefence512

Veseble

Homedawg90

Marqouth1

Icedrop

Snipers

Agnello - probably the best sniper in the game from 07-08?

Kronca

Mithwiz

Viper1500 (on his original account)

Lancer3000

Arma150

Craigberry11

Aaamanion

Lantura

Spirius

Danc2006

Runites12

Sgt Frank1

Pure Strg G40

Imlkrsfn2

Zedest

Whazaa007

Ngaged

Gwarzo

Magicarrow28

45chris2

100fightmage

Aquariusfm

Fulco

Members

Hios

Stephen22288

Funkymunky11

Kev (Blazer from VR)

Rj Deathlord

Empire Mind

Jerminator12

Legendary012

Skimer40

Sparze

Crest227

The Man 0

Bishimo

Brad_Xavier
Kezzab_Reds
Majin_Wouter

The Network

The71th

Sipstrassi

Lil2

Emanpop

Thealth

Geezerpunk

Vanzant

3lite

Nullision

Broski
Tristan138
Godsmoke

Slaughter 17

Uber N00blet

La Hire44

Oli_Killsu
Bowhunter65

Foyboy

Matt brazil2

Brian289

Flako Rlz

Joeblogs

J flemm

Starman

Mecury15

Kovajda

Roguejedi88

Dragon Boss6

Daz#s

Scorpia is
Prannony
Hell_Zeon
Junis10
Doumatjee456
Maydog26
Des_Troyer
Footynut9
Martino_Heat 
Merked05
Ste1111
Lichepriest
Franzk
Nutterbird

Edited by D2master12
  • heart 1

1 hour ago, true said:

What could you tell us about the leadership of @Dark Invoker & the rest of Exodus? Did you learn anything meaningful why you were there? Do you think they could have hit the top 5 if you and the Syndicate boys stuck around?

Exodus was an overall very solid clan. They had the foundations of what you would want in a clan - smart leaders, good fall in leaders, good binders, and a decent amount of quality snipers.  Dark invoker put together a great group of guys all around. I just think they needed more members to compete in the top 5. I didn't really learn anything while I was there because I didn't stay long but I gained a lot of respect and appreciation for what they built there. I think it was also good for them to have Syndicate join also. I think we helped push a lot of the leaders into an even greater level of leading which they used later with other clans. I think they could have hit the top 5 if we stayed but I wasn't willing to build the clan in numbers organically and I was missing leading in the top #3 really bad

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

As I was one of the members that joined from the start, my only question then and now is;

Why involve Tukuruk in creating the clan after knowing he was notorious for creating/closing clans relatively fast? Especially with the vast number of high tier officials from other clans joining

I actually didnt know of Tukuruk until he joined Syndicate. From what I was told by Lukas is that he had a lot of members who wanted to join and we needed the numbers. Getting a lot of members was a top priority of mine. I also think he helped with the technical stuff like webmaster / forum admin stuff which I didn't want to be bothered with.

1 hour ago, true said:

Following up from @Mitch

Most people around in 07-09 know @Tukuruk91 as someone who made a whole lot of RS clans. What was your take of him as an official? What did he bring to the table? And what about aspects of his leadership abilities did you not like?

I think he was known outside of the top #10 but I had never heard of him. Despite that, I liked the idea of having, "known" guys in the clan and I also liked the fact that he had experience in making clans. I knew me and my guys could do everything we needed in game and I thought having a guy on the, "technical" side of things if you will would help us. I don't really remember too much of him but we all kind of had our own roles and he met his. In game pking, was completely on me and outside of the game was on the other guys. The forums/Ts/IRC etc were always in good shape and he had a loyal base of guys with him. I think it was a good experience working with Tukuruk. I remember he was one of the people who didnt want to close syndicate but we decided to close anyway

What's something NH that you did, but never became publicly known?

What's the longest war you were ever a part of?

Do you ever regret the time you spent on RS?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale