Gochance1 AMA

Gochance1

After Downfall closed on OSRS, I tuned out for a little while and found out about the VR mass join secondhand from @true who had messaged me asking how VR was. Can you elaborate what went down there? I recall on Zybez there being some post about how JCBrown said something retarded, but I am sure there is more to the story.

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

40 minutes ago, Blackinise said:

What was your most favorite memory in impact (imo mine was castle wars)?

Caslte wars 100%. The amount we pulled to a non mandatory castle war event was crazy lol. Pretty sure we had 40-45 on teamspeak doing castle wars when it first came out. I think we broke it tbh.

What was the main reason for the closure of downfall? How come we didn’t step into the p2p scene more? Did fairly well against CT and DForces during some trips.

Main reason for downfall closure was because most officials were going inactive and as a staff group we did not want to branch in p2p as we had little interest at that time. Also after beating RoT in cwa and pulling 75 to defeat DI2 with their 90 which was one of our goals. After we accomplished that we didn't really have a clan goal after that.

who was the biggest troll in downfall?

Larry and still is to this day

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

29 minutes ago, Gochance1 said:

On my end Impact was a mistake off of feelings I had at the time.

Impact was unstoppable 

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

1 hour ago, Gochance1 said:

Divine Forces - The only clan that looked appealing at the time. Some of the fights were fun but was definitely demoralizing losing cwa fights that should of won. Some of the boys were looking to clan so we made Renegades.

You literally joined at such an awkward time, you must have been like wat the fuck

aUBwTQ1.png

46 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

what ever happened to amateurnoob? i remember he was the leader of downfall back when they first formed after splitting off k0 unit

He still plays runescape. His rsn is TheHist0rian.

didn't sportsdemon end up joining downfall himself? what ever happened to that guy 

No, I do not think so. He still plays runescape but not sure what he is doing.

on the topic of ppl from original downfall - do you remember lawidget ? she was the only other person whose rsn i could remember because she was nice to me despite me being a huge noob and probably really annoying since i was a kid at the time. if yea, do you know what happened to her? pretty sure she was a rank and always in full saradomin lmao

Yeah I remember her. She was super nice and super involved in the community when she was active.

ive heard a few things about something happened with rob jr in renegades ? don't know much about it tho so what's that about and what happened? mind telling the story?

Adam took hero rank away and Rob got mad. He went MIA for weeks. Got kicked. Rob is a good guy though. Solid member to have in a clan when he tries and takes it serious.

did you ever think you'd be involved in clans again in any serious capacity let alone as a rank after renegades?

Yes, I love clanning was just about finding the right one.

how did true convince you to join tempest? or how did you decide you wanted to be a part of it?

He didn't really do much convincing tbh. I was sold on the idea ASAP. I knew with True making a clan it would be very serious and fun. One of the easiest decisions I've ever made.

since you've been around so long i'm sure you're at least somewhat familiar with these clans, so thoughts on:

AF - Happy they reopened when they did and how successful they are. I don't really know anyone in AF though or at least speak to anyone consistently. 

Rev - Might be the one of the best man for man clans right now. I know quite a few people there and seems like a good clan to be apart of. Shoutout to Jimmy, Jumbo, Bosha, Paul

RoT - At one point I was actually considering joining them. However, I did not because I feel what the clan was doing was not what was best for the clan and clan world. The amount of people I used to know or know of in this clan is ridiculous. Everything aside, I am not sure what they are doing. I know their members aren't having fun while all these clans are having fights while they pull 40-60 to get cleared. Anyone with a brain would rather have a 70 v 70 fight than pull 50 to crash and get cleared.

DF - Wish they did more F2P they do have a lot of new members that favor p2p which I understand but I still think they can have that great F2p quality like they once had.

Tempest - Love this clan and the people

SV - Not sure why they are helping RoT. Not healthy for them. Could get clean fights with AF/Rev/Playdead whenever they wanted if they switched sides. Again, another clan not doing what is best for the members/clan world.

Jaja (closed now) - Only thing I think of is the boy Maclaren

PD - Hope they continue to do F2P. They have a lot of good quality and dedicated members.

WL - I am impressed with their pulls and performance. I hope they keep rising!

DR - Fought for them in a couple f2p cwa's. I think every clan should do F2p as action is action.

CT (also closed) - Had no relations with them so no thought really.

VR - Happy they made a come back. Hopefully they can stay consistent and keep the momentum going. Also hope they do more and more f2p as they have been.

DK - Derek. Love watching his vids and etc. 

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, Venenatis said:

This is a poetic ending 

RIP @Bow

Vanguard may not have been the best at PvP, but I always made sure it excelled community wise!

Q. What were some of your top highlights in Downfall?

pre eoc & osrs

Pre Eoc

The clans requirements in the beginning was 70+ combat and strictly did CWA to having a fuck ton of 120's and fighting mid sized clans/top clans on short preps. One of the greatest clan stories out there. 

Fighting RSD during winter break in 2010 or 2011

Private Servers with Jack and the boys

OSRS

Beating RoT in CWA as they were undefeated for 1.5 years

Beating DI with 75 to their 90

Arguably the best man for man quality for a clan

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

My boy going back to school... respect brother 

In terms of Downfall leadership, thoughts on Chad as a leader before and after the Ronin/Staff access situation?

bc5LliT.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

YIxpZPf.png

image.png.a160ba338667c3bd8c56bcbe1a714025.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

for someone who knows nothing about dynasty and bearz, how come whenever it comes up on a q&a or other topic (think this is the 2nd/3rd time ive seen it?) people usually say "no comment" or "nothing to say" ? 

They were 2-3 week clans that would pull 80-110 to fight any and every clan then close.

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, Stayfalledin said:

Looks like early doors (rs2) you swayed away from ‘top 5’ clans and stuck around midsized clans. Any particular reasons you stayed away from them?

was it better warring in your opinion rs2 or on current day osrs?

1. I was a low level and had shitty bank. I wouldn't of lasted in top clans that had 5 hour cap and did uncapped fights.

2. I liked the style of warring in RS2. Snipers and taking fall ins. Warring now on OSRS is all about efficiency. 

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png