Gochance1 AMA

Gochance1

you mentioned you think more clans should be like tempest when it comes to being open to various types of action, do you also feel more clans should be like tempest when it comes to not taking things out of game? don't think it's any secret that almost if not every other clan open atm does things that one would have wished to die out years ago, barring maybe df and some of the country clans and dr (apologies if i'm forgetting any others)

what are your thoughts on cheat clients that could risk getting you banned but assist with warring/pking ? (not necessarily talking auto pray / gear switching but obviously that too)

is tempest now what you expected it to be at this point going in? what do you picture for tempest in 6 months? a year?

who are some members you'd like to bring to tempest or just see return to the game/community in general ?

all time favorite clan apart from downfall (and tempest)?

least favorite?

most overrated clan in your experience?

any clans you're surprised to see still open or that aren't open but you expected them to still be around ?

what's one clan you never got to be part of that you wish you had, if any?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

23 minutes ago, dwg said:

Do you think we closed Downfall too soon? If my memory’s correct I remember you being resilient to the idea.. Do you think we made the right decision to close when we did or should we have prolonged it? 

When I look back at it, the F2P scene was slowly becoming cancer and was harder and harder to get fights that were good. I think we had 2 back to back big fights with DI that were both very fun and I do agree that is the way to close a clan. Best case scenario maybe try to get 1-2 more fights with DI/ROT and pull 65 to each but that is best case scenario. I think at the time we also didn't want to do P2P including myself a little bit which was where the action was it.  As a year or two ago, I do agree with the decision though. I just wasn't emotionally ready to close at the time I guess. 

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Don’t really have any questions to ask, I’m well aware of you and your presence in the scene over the years. I will say, however, that I’m glad I’ve slowly taken the time to observe and get to know you and how you operate. You are instrumental to our day to day operations and your calling abilities are a huge part of why we have been so successful at our events. Game focus aside, You’re incredibly thoughtful, kind, encouraging, and motivational and I love who you are as a person. 

One of these days we ought to chat more when my schedule isn’t so congested. Thank you for everything you do!

• Like 2
  • simp 2

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

Do you regret anything in Downfall (OSRS)? Whether it be a decision we made, a fight we took, an official we promoted, member we allowed in, etc

bc5LliT.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

YIxpZPf.png

image.png.a160ba338667c3bd8c56bcbe1a714025.png

39 minutes ago, dwg said:

Most underrated Downfall member?

In terms of ingame quality, community contributions, and overall downfall pride 

This is honestly a super hard one lol. Looking at downfall's community and how many people were involved that had both ingame quality and downfall pride. I don't know if he is underrated but Sukh lol. Great in game mager. Always on teamspeak pippin up. Had downfall on his chest. Who would you say?

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

39 minutes ago, danex said:

don't really have any questions, but just wanted to drop this here:

my all time best online friend right there, crazy that we are still here today. 10+ years that we've known each other. we've been together for a big part of our clanning time & damn did we have a blast. it's been crazy & lovely to see all the progress you've made not only as a caller and warring wise, but also on a personal level. we've evolved quite a bit since our 09 days and it's awesome to see that we're still going strong, in the same clan today. thank you for everything & love ya big boy, i look forward to finally meeting you.

Yeah you are literally one of the people I've known the longest on the game and definitely my best friend from runescape. I honestly think we met in 2008 or 2009. Our clanning career is almost the same down to the wire. If someone told me in 2009 that I would still be hanging out with you and clanning in 2021 I would be in awe. I have nothing respect for you and everything that you have encountered as a person. You are the example of staying strong and I forever look up to you in that aspect. I love how we can not talk for a couple days or weeks and just pick it right up like we've been talking everyday. I also look forward to meeting you and getting litty. Love you to bro. Bro's 4 life. 

• heart 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

43 minutes ago, true said:

Biggest regrets with Renegades? Apart from F2P dying off, what are the reasons the clan died after like 6 months?

Not allowing multi clanning with other p2p clans/teams that did not have renegades as a priority. F2p dying off played a decent part but I was also very inactive at the time with work(retail manager black friday and christmas RIP) which also might of played a part.  

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

It's been a pleasure knowing you all the way since Downfall in 2007/2008, Solace, and now Tempy. I'm glad you reached out to me regarding Tempy and I decided to give it a shot. Thanks for all the work you do here!

What are your top 3 most memorable or enjoyable fights/events in your clanning career? For me, I remember there was a time Tko Blitz fought Rejuvenation in a CWRI and we started with 25 vs 55 and ended with a tie. There also was the Downfall vs Legendz 51vs 54 CWA that I still remember clearly to this day.  

Edited by TheEggMan
typo

Uncrackable

Never Broken

Always Egg Nar

26 minutes ago, Gochance1 said:

This is honestly a super hard one lol. Looking at downfall's community and how many people were involved that had both ingame quality and downfall pride. I don't know if he is underrated but Sukh lol. Great in game mager. Always on teamspeak pippin up. Had downfall on his chest. Who would you say?

LOL! Sukh was a spastic (still is) but undoubtedly one of Downfall's finest.. in terms of under-rated though, it's kinda hard to narrow down but I think I'd give this one to @Fireire. Firehands was day 1 Downfall and never switched up, always maged when needed (top 5 on trackers everytime), never caused any major drama, always did what was best for the clan, and never really got any attention for his dedication

Edited by dwg
  • Like 4

bc5LliT.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

YIxpZPf.png

image.png.a160ba338667c3bd8c56bcbe1a714025.png

31 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

you mentioned you think more clans should be like tempest when it comes to being open to various types of action, do you also feel more clans should be like tempest when it comes to not taking things out of game? don't think it's any secret that almost if not every other clan open atm does things that one would have wished to die out years ago, barring maybe df and some of the country clans and dr (apologies if i'm forgetting any others)

I feel nothing should be taken out of game especially in 2021 lol. Just fight for 1-2 hours and go on with your day. 

what are your thoughts on cheat clients that could risk getting you banned but assist with warring/pking ? (not necessarily talking auto pray / gear switching but obviously that too)

I wish no one used them lol but if one clan does it is a huge advantage for them that will definitely change the outcome of the war.

is tempest now what you expected it to be at this point going in? what do you picture for tempest in 6 months? a year?

Yes and no. At first I was skeptical with new people coming back but everyone was committed and it took off. I hope for the next 6 months and year we continue to grow as a community and make sure everyone is having fun whether it's playing runescape or other games. Also looking forward to the 85 v 85's.

who are some members you'd like to bring to tempest or just see return to the game/community in general ?

@gooce and gang, any of the downfall lads

all time favorite clan apart from downfall (and tempest)?

Don't have a favorite minus those two haha

least favorite?

TR/FSK from OSRS

most overrated clan in your experience?

Every clan had their ups and down so this is hard to say

any clans you're surprised to see still open or that aren't open but you expected them to still be around ?

VR, I respect Cera for his dedication to keep it open.

what's one clan you never got to be part of that you wish you had, if any?

RSD and DF in their primes. To hear the sick calling lineup they had at one point and learn something from all of them.

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Congrats on getting married.

Which fights come to mind that you've been apart of that were most memorable for you (any reasons why)?

What were your favourite rivalries that you've been apart of?

2 hours ago, david said:

Favorite callers to call with?

I enjoy calling with everyone as long as we win but

OSRS - @dwg and @david | Devin - Him and I were a duo for quite some time(3+ years?) and we both know what to expect out of each other. We both take criticism well and always want to improve. We both also wanted to win every fight. Having another caller that wants to win as much as you is amazing. | Lil David - We have called multiple times together in the course of the years whether it was in teams or renegades. Tempest is the first clan we have actually had where just you and I are the main callers. I feel our pile selection is the same with most piles which makes it very easy for the members to know who is going to be next. I also like that we trust each others judgement where we can call a pile over each other when the other one might miss it.

RS2 - @Tika191 and @Jack | Tika - I've learned a lot from him especially when it comes to CWA calling. When we faced each other we also had that mutual respect for each others capabilities and we both died quite often. We also had a great relationship outside of calling which made it enjoyable. | Jack - Opposite of CWA I learned quite a bit from Jack in regards to pvp calling. When you take fall ins, attack snipers, pile selection and etc. He loved to win and so did I.

Games you enjoy playing? 

Outside of runescape - League of Legends, Valorant, Town of Salem, Among Us(still learning), AoE

Hobbies?

Hanging out with the wife and our doggy, Cornhole(I am obsessed), Watching sports/playing sports, Hanging out with the cousin, Enjoying family time(I am a huge family person)

Is the packers winning this week?

Yes, if they don't I am gonna be so pissed.

Things you would want to change in the clan world?

No crashing, everyone has clean fights that last an hour or two. More short preps and action. I love battling in the wilderness.

• Like 2

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png