Lego - AMA

Lego

2 hours ago, Xmas Bandit said:

Lego ftw

❤️

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Who did u vote for?

To be perfectly honest, I got screwed out of voting and wasn't able to.  I recently moved states and was unable to get a ballot where I currently live because I can't get a local driver's license due to covid.  If I got the chance I would have voted for Biden, not because I like Biden but because a walrus would have been better than Trump.  Bernie Sanders was my guy.

2 hours ago, Krystal said:

Very nice of you to do this! It's been great hearing from the leaders from back when I actively played. I'm just curious about your name. Are you into Legos as a hobby? I have friends who literally have built cities out of them, so I was genuinely curious! ?

Krystal!  My original in game name was Legolas86880.  My son's was Legolas12523.  It was more of a Lord of the Rings thing than anything.  Then you know how nicknames go from there.  How have you been?

1 hour ago, JayJay said:

Do you still keep in contact with kim?

How many girls did you e date

How many did you meet irl?

Is @true the ultimate heir to the edating throne?

1. Perfectly honest, we're still married but going through a divorce.  We made it 11 years and then some things happened.  I'm not here to drag her name through the mud but she made some poor choices and things happen.  Also, alcohol can be a terrible thing if you abuse it.

2. Not as many as people would like to think, or make fun of.  Maybe 2?  Then Kim became IRL.

3.  Just Kim.

4.  From what I hear he just might be, but then again I think the ones who sit atop the throne you may not even hear about it because that's the best way to roll.

Edited by Lego

4 hours ago, true said:

What were the biggest strengths and weaknesses of the DF officials below?

Shinobi - All around great person and the right person to take over DF when he did.  He bled DF and that was one of his biggest strengths.  He was probably a little too nice as far as a weakness.

Bunty - I spoke with Bunty about this recently but I couldn't have lead DF near as well as I could have if not for him.  He was always the mature one of the older group and wise beyond his age.  He was strict and it was the best thing for that group at the time.  I honestly can't think of something I would call a weakness unless you consider he started having IRL things to do and had to go inactive but that's a good thing for him.

Veseble - Ves was unique.  He was the loud crazy kid but everyone loved him.  He was silly, but then when he got serious he was one of the best warlords of that era.  His weakness was that if he had his way he would let some people get away with anything.

Homedawg - I've also had this conversation with Homedawg recently.  I watched that kid grow up and I'm honestly just proud of him.  He was sort of a goof early on, didn't want to train, etc.  He was always dedicated and die hard but just didn't take much seriously. Then he hit a point where he became a great official, warlord, etc.  His weakness would have been his early time in DF when he wouldn't train and reach his potential.  He made up for it later though.

Whazaa - Whazaa was a great friend, a great guy overall.  He was strict when needed to be and friendly all the other times.  As far as a weakness, does being GMT count?  

Flinestoneman - Flin was an official before I really was ranked in DF, but he actually doesn't even know that he was one of the ones that gave me the confidence to step up and do more in DF.  When I was just a member and never spoke on TS we had a war and he had been killed.  I was piled and was able to eat my food and was looting food off the ground to eat before I died (I was never much of a tank) and Flin pointed out how great that was in TS since I was the new guy.  I still remember that and it had a huge effect on me going forward.  As for weakness, I honestly didn't see what I'd call that, maybe a little carefree sometimes and less serious than some others, but again that probably isn't a weakness anymore, good for him to take a game less seriously than some of us did.

Edited by Lego

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Biased mod

?

1 hour ago, MILAD said:

you`re really doing this

True 2k8 must be the Jesus of Runescape. He`s doing wonders haha.

I did this for me, and being who frequents this site it was the best place to start.

1 hour ago, Vanzant said:

Hello friend it has been a while 

❤️

1 hour ago, Brian said:

1VwWDl0.png

Good times

Definitely good times.  For the record we never spoke much outside of setting up fights, but I'll always respect your mark on the clan world.  I may or may not have agreed with some tactics, but we can say that about any clan leader of any era.

52 minutes ago, Bunty said:

What did you find to be the most difficult part of leading DF? And what was your proudest moment, whether it was personal or from the group?

Also love ya man and I'm proud of the job you did as leader. I waited to retire until you felt you were ready to take the reins because I knew it had to be you to be DF's next leader. You didn't disappoint, and it shows from how all of those old school DF members respect you.

I'd say the most difficult thing was was a big fight we had with Corr when Death returned for a fight.  Corr was the better clan that night and they were clearly motivated to beat us in Death's return.  We really had no answers and had just lost too many numbers and it was over.  Death was messaging me some things that I'll keep to myself but it was a lot of pressure and I felt like I let him down that night.  Later on I realized that it didn't matter who the leader of DF was that night, Corr just fought better that night and I'm not ashamed to say it.  Being it was Death though, it stuck with me for awhile and I questioned if I was the right leader going forward.  It was the first time in my time as a leader where I wondered if I was still the right person for the position.

Love ya too man, I wouldn't have been half the leader I was without you easing me into the position.  In my humble opinion you were the most important leader in DF's history because you had to be the one to keep DF alive when Death left.  Nobody else could've done the job you did and that's saying a lot considering how much I respect that group we came up in.

45 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

Do you remember Servers up Df down? xD

I remember more than most people think I would so yeah, I remember lol.

Edited by Lego
  • Like 1

Hi Rick,

Nice talking with you earlier. 

Questions:

What clan from 2007 - 2009 do you think had the most potential but never reached their ceiling and why? 

What clan did you respect the least and why?

Hypothetically if 3 members quit from opposing clans, who would you want to have join DF and why?

-

Also, to give some insight on that Death240 return DF vs CoR fight; CoR did everything we could to make sure Death stayed retired. Our intention was to make sure we spoiled his return and made him think that his time was forever done. I didn't see him come back too much after that but it was definitely a nerve wrecking fight. The main reason was we were worried if DF won he might come back and the momentum could swing back in DF's favor. Those rivalry fights were the best. That was 1 of the stand out great rivalry victories from CoR's side that I can remember. 

Edit For Eric:

F2pRz3p.png

Edited by D2master12

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

1 hour ago, Lego said:

Krystal!  My original in game name was Legolas86880.  My son's was Legolas12523.  It was more of a Lord of the Rings thing than anything.  Then you know how nicknames go from there.  How have you been?

Hey! Wasn't sure if you'd remember me or not haha.  I've been doing pretty well actually!  Just finally settled on a degree and started a new career a few months ago, so I'm currently in a good place. Been poking at OSRS a bit since a lot of old friends from the good ole days play.  =]

Sorry to hear that alcohol has impacted your life negatively; I grew up around alcoholism, so I know how bad it can be! 

Edit: Also I feel dumb for not remembering that your full name was Legolas#### gdi.  In my defense, I'm a little buzzed, and on top of that.. I think it was rare to hear anyone refer to you as your full RSN, so I just always knew you as Lego LOL. We were definitely the LOTR generation haha. While I was in Gladz in 04-06, when we'd have official wars, people would change their forum names/sigs/avatars to LOTR characters, and I'd always take Eowyn. =]

Edited by Krystal

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

When are you and @Bunty gonna take RF to #1? 

when are we gonna go Bot lane in league again? 

why do I love you? 

How come the LA kings are the best in the NHL?

why did I fight for 21 hours straight in a 24 hour fight and pass out tired? 

why am I still on game? 

• Like 1

Pked Eh? 

51B6BEDB-7B38-41EA-ADC6-71C477D498BC.png

571B25AD-99CA-4FC8-8B75-4366A901627A.png

42 minutes ago, D2master12 said:

Hi Rick,

Questions:

What clan from 2007 - 2009 do you think had the most potential but never reached their ceiling and why? 

Hypothetically if 3 members quit from opposing clans, who would you want to have join DF and why?

-

Also, to give some insight on that Death240 return DF vs CoR fight; CoR did everything we could to make sure Death stayed retired. Our intention was to make sure we spoiled his return and made him think that his time was forever done. I didn't see him come back too much after that but it was definitely a nerve wrecking fight. The main reason was we were worried if DF won he might come back and the momentum could swing back in DF's favor. Those rivalry fights were the best. That was 1 of the stand out great rivalry victories from CoR's side that I can remember. 

Edit For Eric:

F2pRz3p.png

Got one of these too. 

p8nmhkm.jpg

• Haha 1

DF October 23 2005

image.png.93fdeefd5b24df2ba1ebd59ec86c4179.png

2 hours ago, Lego said:

Homedawg - I've also had this conversation with Homedawg recently.  I watched that kid grow up and I'm honestly just proud of him.  He was sort of a goof early on, didn't want to train, etc.  He was always dedicated and die hard but just didn't take much seriously. Then he hit a point where he became a great official, warlord, etc.  His weakness would have been his early time in DF when he wouldn't train and reach his potential.  He made up for it later though.

+1. Homedawg's rise in DF was one of the coolest things I got to witness there and I'm proud of him for it, so I just wanted to quote for emphasis. Even if he can be a thorn in my ass to this day like he was just yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Applerune said:

Thanks for doing the AMA. This'll be a good one

❤️

1 hour ago, D2master12 said:

Hi Rick,

Questions:

-

Edit For Eric:

F2pRz3p.png

Nice talking to you as well, if my memory serves me correctly we've had nice conversations in the past as well.  

This one for me is Collision.  I was friends with Expounder and they had some of the same foundations and organization as when DF was a smaller clan.  Ex was a really intelligent guy and a good leader.  I believe their alliance with TT hurt them and never allowed them to stand on their own and grow.  I'm not saying #1 or anything like that, but they had potential to be a top 10 clan.  I'm not privy as to why they closed, but it was a bit sad.

If I had to pick a bigger clan I'd say TT.  They were always hovering in the top 5, and top 3 but never really hit or sustained #1.  I'm not entirely sure as to why, I thought they had a lot of good officials.  I know early on they didn't want to take certain fights and it took them awhile to come around and maybe that was the problem but I'm not certain.

This is easy for me, VR.  While VR lasted longer than the other versions of this clan that usually made a big splash then fizzled out, they were one of the biggest reasons for the fall of the clan world in my opinion.  They were a step above NH if that, and eventually to compete other clans started lowering their standards as well.  Those crash wars and the behavior during that time, added to the rest of us ruining the clan world with 12 hour fights, was the nail in the coffin imho.  There were some decent guys there (Evizu, Cera) but they were okay with winning at all costs and up until then, most other clans had a line they wouldn't cross.

I'm going to flub this one because my memory isn't that great, but I'll name off some I can remember - 

Corr - Demon, Rob, D2 ❤️

TT - D0nts, Brad X, TMO

RSD - Livinlarge, Icedrop, F1r30

EH - 3lite, Nullusion, Broski

2 hours ago, Krystal said:

Hey! Wasn't sure if you'd remember me or not haha.  I've been doing pretty well actually!  Just finally settled on a degree and started a new career a few months ago, so I'm currently in a good place. Been poking at OSRS a bit since a lot of old friends from the good ole days play.  =]

Sorry to hear that alcohol has impacted your life negatively; I grew up around alcoholism, so I know how bad it can be! 

Edit: Also I feel dumb for not remembering that your full name was Legolas#### gdi.  In my defense, I'm a little buzzed, and on top of that.. I think it was rare to hear anyone refer to you as your full RSN, so I just always knew you as Lego LOL. We were definitely the LOTR generation haha. While I was in Gladz in 04-06, when we'd have official wars, people would change their forum names/sigs/avatars to LOTR characters, and I'd always take Eowyn. =]

Of course I remember you.  I'm glad to hear you are doing well and in a good place!  Thank you for the kind words, I'm sorry you went through that as well, it's a tough thing to deal with and nothing you can do to help them really.

I seem to remember buying rune from you and Ves basically worshipped you lol.  And Eowyn ❤️.  Yeah, LOTR was everything back then, I had to range in every game I played because Legolas was a beast.  

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

When are you and @Bunty gonna take RF to #1? 

when are we gonna go Bot lane in league again? 

why do I love you? 

How come the LA kings are the best in the NHL?

why did I fight for 21 hours straight in a 24 hour fight and pass out tired? 

why am I still on game? 

I think we are fully capable of doing this, but too old and tired for me :P.

We can play League whenever just hmu.

Idk but the feeling is mutual.

Sharks all day.

I don't know why any of us did this tbh.

Because you're still waiting and hoping I return.

38 minutes ago, D2master12 said:

what was some of the biggest internal drama that happened within DF?

I don't really remember there being anything major.  Bunty reminded me that when he first tried to promote me to leader I refused because I was pissed about something.  I vaguely remember that but not what I was pissed about.  It was probably something with Ves but I honestly don't remember.  When Death left there was internal struggle because we didn't know our path.  There was more internal struggle when DS closed because while we wanted the quality members, we didn't want to take in too many, too fast.  Most of the things were really small now in hindsight.