Empire Mind AMA

Empire Mind

1 hour ago, Empire Mind said:

What was your rsn?

Since log in spamming is still not fixed, I would rather keep that one to myself.

Were you binding in blue Great Orb Project robes all the time?

You mentioned earlier RoT doxed you at some point. Why, and how was this experience?

(Apologies if this was previously asked or answered I'm at work on mobile and just skimming through forums but this AMA seems really interesting)

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

always thought you were a wannabe back in the day. Also Evizu/D1e2n3 told me to ignore you whenever you contacted me asking for fights. Then again, things were different 10-11 years ago. Hope all is well!

Edited by MILAD
  • Haha 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

Hey Steve, thanks for doing this AMA.

Becoming ranked in three separate top clans in a relatively short period of time is an impressive feat.  I think it shows that you really brought something to the table when you joined a clan.  I never was in a clan with you, but had interacted with you here and there during my time with EH.  I always got the sense that your strengths were as a motivator (which you referred to in an earlier post), caller (your ranks were generally related to leading fights, and I remember you taking lots of fall ins), and as a community figure (you were extremely friendly and easy to work with).  What would you say your weaknesses were as a leader?

Which clan do you think you had the greatest positive impact in of Corr, VR, and EOS?

You ranked Kill Orgy as one of your favorite clan/teams alongside VR - what made them a good experience for you?

I feel like the leadership styles in VR, Corr, and EoS would be quite different.  What do you think were the most effective characteristics of the following folks (trying to focus on VR leadership that hasn't been spoken to yet; focusing on Corr leadership that we've seen a lot of comments on in other AMAs with mixed opinions): Prannoy, Mr Nickos, Jeffa12, Vechtetoe, Robtokill, Andy4309, Demonchild

Edited by 3lite

7R85FSe.png

I was super excited to see this ama; good selection true

Questions:

*who did you think were the best fall in leaders that you lead against and why?

*who were the biggest tanks that you remember?

*In 2009 when VR fought DF+ CoR+ EOS+ ROT+ TT and won, who do you think was the best of the bunch and why?

*Why do you think Kaochin became at one point such a prominent figure in VR?

-From my time in VR, it was really easy stepping into a new scene seeing that he was no where near as much of the hype that he had around him. lukas/mithwiz/rad/myself all had the same view.

*What were your thoughts on demonchild as a leader in Corruption?

*biggest accomplishment in RS outside of clanning?

---

Also just to set the record straight on Sparze; I was pretty surprised to read negative comments about him. Perhaps he is almost too loyal to VR in the fact that he will ragefully tell anyone who isn't VR to fuck off but I can say 1) he is super loyal 2) at this point in my opinion he is 1 of the best in game VR members EVER based on longevity, contribution to the clan in ranks, tanking, sniping, binding, activity, recruiting 3) he is an overall great guy that will help anyone in need. 

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

Who were the good members you guys picked up from Derek and Kaochinx' failed lovechild?

After returning to VR post-RoT did you ever get contacted to leak again or spy? Even not by RoT, but other clans?

Seems AF and VR have very often been on good terms and often shared community members, did you ever get involved in their community or care to do so? Were there any people that came over from the AF side that you really liked?

Do you play any other games now that you're not really into RS anymore? Or are you mostly just busy irl/irl focused?

Also good to hear the things you and @D2master12 have to say about Sparze, it sounds like despite perhaps not always behaving the best he's a good loyal guy and that's (mostly) always a good guy to have around.

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Are you really a lil dick nigga or was Lovelost lying for DF2 clout?

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

What made you join CoR?

Did you enjoy your time in CoR?

How did you not get sick of some of the VR guys. You seemed very chill and quite mature. Dealing with people like craigb, d12n3 and tiffany must have been hard

What were your thoughts on the whole crashwar series (the original 2)

Not sure if you were aware but I was planning on giving you Warlord very soon if we stayed open longer. The other officials agreed at the time too I think. You probably would have gotten it sooner but we were still a little cautious in case you were a well placed spy but we were like 95% sure you weren't.

Edited by JayJay

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

Who are some callers from later iterations of VR you think would have been fun to work/call with?

Do you think Viper should have ever been re-ranked?

Thoughts on Craigberry as an official?

Who were VR's worst promotions/officials of all-time?

aUBwTQ1.png

What was your opinion of True as a leader during your time in DF? Granted it doesn't sound like you did much on RS during that time.

If the clan world were to somehow end up thriving again or at least be better than it is now, would you ever see yourself taking RS up again in any serious capacity? (I presume with VR.)

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

6 hours ago, Pietru said:

What was your experience like in ROT?

Wasn't so pleasent, I was welcomed with open arms by most members as they wanted me to strive in ROT. I became friends with h0z, paco, reddevil, b289 and such. They were the down to earth guys. I'm pretty immature myself and like to make everything a joke, but these guys were next level. Whatever you'd talk about or do in game, than someone had to brag they were better. I didn't fit in with most people and was past the part of flaming people/clans daily. They gave me the chance to call in multi fights but told them I was interested as I had no desire to move up within ROT as I just wasn't happy. Everything was about in game, how ROT were better then everyone and was all everyone cared about.

What's your opinion on:

• Evizu - Personally think he's the top leader any clan could have. He's a motivator, and yet someone you could have a one on one chat with about anything, he'll spend time to anyone and makes you feel like you matter. In game he's someone you'll see maging at every event and was at almost every fight start to finish and knew when to call it if we were losing when the meta was about outlasting. Overall hands down better than any leader I've seen. If I had to base him off a character than I'd picture him as a Tony Montana, if you were with him than you're family, but if you're against him then you better watch out as he's protective of his people.

• Cera - IMO he's the number one man for man caller, Mike has always had activity issues but always adapted to the new styles of leading even after having weeks/months of being MIA. Cera takes things to heart so he's a bit soft, but just like Evizu he's more of a softy and his downfall has been listening to some poor officials over the years, and only knowing minor details but sticking with them on their information. Cera's downfall as a leader is and always has been his activity, if he was more active then I'd most likely rank Cera a thread under Evizu as leader. But there's always been a power gap with the leader rank in VR. Evizu is and always will be known as the main leader VR has had. Me and Cera haven't always seen eye to eye because of his dictator style of leading but always will have a respect for him for what he's done for the clan over the years even though we're both older now and still gives it his all when he's on.

What do you think about the current VR?

I ain't super active, but I think VR is still doing well. We aren't at the point we were back when we strived in F2P and P2P dominance but I personally think the clan world is slowly dying. There's no such thing as a clean fight anymore, and everything is judged by time caps, or how they performed as a team against another clan when they're being crashed. I'd still say VR is ranked within the top 5 clans that are remaining.

Do you prefer the current VR from the VR you strived in?

No, the clan world is very much different from when I personally enjoyed the game and clanning in general, prior it was all about skill as a caller, now it's who has the better client to perform better IMO. I've always enjoyed F2P more than P2P, VR is doing F2P now but it just isn't the same with the box fighting.

EOS and VR are normally seen as very similar clans, how were they different from each other in your opinion?

EOS was more of a place you could kick back and play any game with anyone and felt like family, there wasn't many cliques as anyone would talk to anyone, but they didn't strive for pushing for ranking. When I was in EOS we always just wanted to fight the same 2-3 clans over and over and never wanted to step up against bigger clans to prove we could compete with them. Prannoy always was in it for fun. 

When I joined VR we were ranked like 6-8th but always saw VR wanting to strive and didn't back down from fighting any clan, and within a year we were holding our own against TT when TT were always praised. VR wasn't afraid of taking on multiple clans at once, I don't fully agree with how we had to do it. But I feel like if clans gave us a fight then the clan world wouldn't of turned into just a crashing fest. But I don't blame any clans for not fighting us fights due to our past. 

w4jJL.png

6 hours ago, Ssj said:

You mentioned earlier RoT doxed you at some point. Why, and how was this experience?

(Apologies if this was previously asked or answered I'm at work on mobile and just skimming through forums but this AMA seems really interesting)

It was kinda the downfall for me as I was on a decline of already enjoying the game, but the whole doxing thing was the downfall of the clanning scene. I was doxed shortly after leaving ROT, and I was living with my parents at the time and they got my parents information and would constantly phone my parents and harass them about things my parents didn't even know and trying to explain older parents about it being people from online was awkward. They also tried to get my work information, which could of cost me my job. I've never agreed with doxing and never will agree with that stuff. 

It got the point after getting doxed when I took a break and had to change all my information in real life due to it. The fact that there was even talks about a year ago about bigger clans doxing each other (ROT/REV) and others is one of the reasons I left REV due to the fact I was in my late 20's and wasn't going to deal with that situation again.

• Like 1

w4jJL.png