We like Formula1 Megathread

Juri

I'm hoping that someone can contest Hamilton/Mercedes this year.

So far it's looking good for Max. I wouldn't mind if Norris/Perez/Ricciardo can also challenge the top spots. Most of all, I really just want there to be a contest between 2+ drivers.

Some takeaways:
- Hoping that Perez can gain some speed as he gets more familiar with the car/team.
- Kinda the same for other drivers that are getting used to their new teams (ie: Ricciardo w/ McLaren, Sainz w/ Ferrari, Vettel w/ Aston Martin)
- Norris had a great practice. Not sure how that'll translate to Qualifying/Race pace.
- Pleasantly surprised with the Alpha Tauri.
- Ferrari seems to have a better car this year, but still far off from challenging.
- Russell needs to get out of that Williams asap.

Looking forward to the race!

i feel like max can pull it off this year. mclaren looking solid as well & i feel like ferrari are gonna slowly climb back up. tbf i just want russell at mercedes already, 2022 couldn't come sooner.

HfpoZbC.gif

WOLhPbX.png

OlvN3Fk.png

Thoughts/Takeaways from Qualifying/Practices:
- Super happy that RBR seem to have got it together this year. As long as Max has a competitive car, I think he'll be able to challenge for the title.
- I'm bummed for Perez not making Q3. Hopefully he'll be able to do better after a couple of race weekends. I think he'll do well tomorrow though, he always has decent race pace. 
- To add to that, it's really crucial for Perez to at least be in the top 4/5 so that he can take points away from the Mercedeses.
- I'm pleased with Alonso's qualifying runs. Hopefully he can get a good placing and get some points for his team.
- Gasly did really well, hopefully he can show this kind of pace in the race as well.
- Mazepin really hasn't had a good weekend. I know it's early days, but I don't think many people will be happy with him.

Excited for tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Brian said:

RB clearly a quicker car but can Max hold it together over an entire season? Definitely gonna need Perez up there with him to hold off the Mercs

The Honda engine and RB/Alpha Tauri gearbox combo seems to be the best, but it will blow up a few times also, if they keep them on mac capacity. So it's gonna be intense. 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

Absolutely pumped for this season. Really hoping for an exciting year between Max and Lewis. 

How exciting to see so many champions on the grid too! Can't wait to see how the mid field battles go down.