AMA - Mat K

Mat K

Crack the clue was amazing btw, who came up with the idea for it and were you surprised it took so long to find the helmet? Id love to see more stuff like that added to the game

At2mSMF.png

nullstikesembryo-1_zps311362a1.png.b94ebbd3311d846a500301cc93b42c78.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Mat K said:

Yes, in the last 5 years Jagex have certianly focused on recruiting people who care about the game. I've never played FF14 - no other FF even compares to 7.

People treat 7 like the holy grail, I personally felt 6 was better if not one of the best FFs (certainly my fav).

FF14 MMO is very good, played it since ARR came out in 2013. It's not heavy on time commitment either patch cycles have big gaps and content doesn't take long to clear. Even if you're not into MMORPG endgames like raiding, I highly recommend the story.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

You’re a beast, thanks for all the work you’ve done in the past. 

What are your current goals on OSRS? 

What’s your favorite thing to do on OSRS right now?

What’s the most game-breaking/craziest bug you’ve ever witnessed in OSRS that got through and was abused?
and what’s one that was caught before being abused?

Edited by Rojas

Did Jagex ever find out who Cheeky Alerb was?

How was he seemingly able to make whoever they wanted disconnect on the spot?

Did Jed have anything to do with it like some people have believed?

22 hours ago, NeverSober said:

Is there any super secret Easter eggs that have been in the game that you can tell us about that to your knowledge no one has found yet?

Sadly not, or if there are I don't know them....

22 hours ago, Eric said:

How much of a threat/problem does jagex REALLY think gold sellers are? Is it really even a priority for them? I'm sure they know as much as anyone that 90% of the accounts in f2p lumby are gold sellers right?

Not really much of a threat anymore.  But they need to keep on top of it so it does't get out of hand.

20 hours ago, Null said:

Crack the clue was amazing btw, who came up with the idea for it and were you surprised it took so long to find the helmet? Id love to see more stuff like that added to the game

That was my idea, it was meant to be difficult but it I didn't expect it to last a year. I was very relived when someone got it as I was beginning to think it was too hard. Giggity,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lavigne said:

People treat 7 like the holy grail, I personally felt 6 was better if not one of the best FFs (certainly my fav).

FF14 MMO is very good, played it since ARR came out in 2013. It's not heavy on time commitment either patch cycles have big gaps and content doesn't take long to clear. Even if you're not into MMORPG endgames like raiding, I highly recommend the story.

My son plays it, I shall have to give it a go.

13 hours ago, Rojas said:

You’re a beast, thanks for all the work you’ve done in the past. 

It was a pleasure

What are your current goals on OSRS? 
Get my quest cape back then get the diaries done.

What’s your favorite thing to do on OSRS right now?

Currently it is slayer

What’s the most game-breaking/craziest bug you’ve ever witnessed in OSRS that got through and was abused?
and what’s one that was caught before being abused?

The biggest abused one was a complicated gold dupe which involved using 6 different areas of the game map to stall commands long enough to create the dupe. It had about 40 different steps to do.

Although the most fun one was a certian character typed into chat would log everyone who saw it off,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rojas said:

Did Jagex ever find out who Cheeky Alerb was?

It is pretty easy to identify anyone who played the game. The amount of info Jagex collects on a person is significant.

How was he seemingly able to make whoever they wanted disconnect on the spot?

We ran a lot of investigation into that and were quite confident it wasn't due to anything within RuneScape, it was probably more to do with leaked IPs from other sources.

Did Jed have anything to do with it like some people have believed?

I would think that is unlikely, some of the timings didn't match up.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I really enjoyed answering all the questions. Hopefully you enjoyed some of the answers and found it insightful.

If you ever want to hang out I regularly stream on twitch.tv/kemplos or come and chat on twitter twitter.com/realmatk.

Catch you later!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1