Gokuu Ssj AMA

Ssj

44 minutes ago, Kuraminha said:

What's the most difficult fight you had?

Did you guys ever face a slump? Why?

Were you able to turn it around? How?

What's the most difficult fight you had?

One I remember specifically is TKO in PvP. It might have even been their first PKRI. But they talked me into a PvP fight even though their quality was unmatchable. They pulled huge and even though they were a team, the quality of their members, whilst us being outnumbered; there was literally nothing we could do. I think the fight might even be somewhere on youtube from their POV. From the start of the fight we knew there was no chance, our pull was nowhere near theirs and TKOs quality at the time was the best in the clan scene, so even though it was PvP we got cleared in 20 mins.

Found it; probably one time we got slapped hard. We weren't the type of clan to finish a cap early even if we were struggling but this was just damage limitation lmao.

Did you guys ever face a slump? Why?

We faced a few slumps, mostly at the start of the clan. I'm sure at one point I cleared the whole memberlist and made anyone serious re-apply, but this was in the earlier days. This was probably the closest we ever were to closing from 'slump', and I think it worked really well because I was honest to the members about my plan, and I told them basically 'look, this won't be easy. If anyone wants to follow then come, it will be shit pulls and smaller fights but we will work on quality and re-build from the start up'. A lot of core people stepped up and took this seriously, and we took a huge drop in our numbers but we could focus on quality and rebuilt back up. I don't know how crazy of a plan that was as a 17 year old but it really did work lmao, and we went from 20 man pulls to 40 slowly but surely, this time with a lot more quality than our previous 40 man pulls.

Another memory slump was when DDA got kicked, who was a rank, he'd brought in a lot of recruits and naturally a fair amount of them were a 'following' of his, and so we lost some numbers. Some of his recruits at this point had taken well to me and stayed, but some closer to him didn't. We lost a good clique of members, I guess comparable to the current BBU situation, but whoever stayed never regretted it and after this was when we went on to some of Envys best moments/highest pulls once we recovered.

Were you able to turn it around? How?

Oops, answered above within

41 minutes ago, Zeldagamer13 said:

Always enjoyed our rivalry as we kept it in game and clean overall.

Who were your worst officials in Envy?

Who was your best caller in Envy of all time?

Who were your worst officials in Envy?

I just realized, I made an error earlier in saying Shooboo7 was the only ever person I trusted with leader. But IDK if i even count this next one, because it was within Envys first few months. But once I promoted a guy called Ezlas to leader, and he went batshit and legit I think borderline psychopath for a bit. He was an awesome guy out of this but idk if he went schizophrenic, started like talking in like a hysterical voice in TS at times almost like he was possessed, and saying things like 'we must kill them all.. ALL OF THEM' randomly etc. It's still bizarre and as a 16 year old these things traumatize you, so I can't remember the details specifically but I had to demote him. He did stick around in the community until the end and was still a top guy, but was just a clan friend after that.

Who was your best caller in Envy of all time?

Answered earlier to vegeta, but Stewie/Killamonsta were a solid lineup and my favourites and always did a great job.

Side note: I know I was a fair amount of peoples favourite caller and even some Envy I talk to today ask why I don't call anymore. I called once in my time in DF in this DF Academy thing true ran, but I wasn't involved enough in the community or talkative enough in TS to get any regular calling. Idk, I've become a lot more introverted over the years than what I was in my teens. I don't doubt my ability tactical-wise to call- especially after I call a few times I know I could easily pick it up, but I think it's fair to expect callers to be involved within the community and 'active teamspeak users'- which I used to be in Envy ofc as a leader but these days it's a lot harder to get the time with work and all to be involved as much as I wish I could. I called at pretty much every Envy fight though.

• heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

2 hours ago, Ssj said:

2iAkAAG.gif

+Elijah 

LOLLLLL probably woosh a lot of people here

Fun fact Theres some well respected names you see even today who were actually a significant part of Envy at a point. Elijah from PD, Kyle from AF, Alex Rider07 who was DF council, Vanuckle; all these ranked members of solid clans in this day and age had helped me during Envy and all the aforementioned were all even ending members I believe.  

m8 u havin a giggle

Another fun-fact, when we had our uncapped 6-7 hour PKRI vs BK, which is one of my most nostalgic memories of Envy... I  was 16~ when I lead envy so when we finally had won the PKRI it was about 6-7am and there was about an hour left until school so I got ready and went to my classes shortly after. This is how invested I was as a teen in Envy, and most the core of Envy had that mindset which is let us reach the heights we did.

I remember this day, had a blast that day lmao

question:

1. any changes in ranks/member acceptance you would have done during envy time?

2. if you remember bv1 and the shitshow he was causing would you have done anything differently?

3. thoughts on members like vindicator, DDA etc were (up to you if you want ot answer this)

4. if you could bring back someone from back then thats legit gone, who would it be 

prob more but to come but ye 

Edited by Killaz

2iAkAAG.gif

Who do you think was the better leader Arp590 (TCC) - Fire 3lade? (CR) 

Favourite Official from old school DF? (When you were there) 

Was Tempest the reason you returned to scape? 

Edited by Vegeta

Vegeta2.png

42 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Who is the better tank out of you, vegeta & hamzah?

What were your goals when you led Envy?

What did you find  was your greatest challenge in leading Envy? What did you do to overcome this?

What were your favourite fights that you've been apart of in each clan you've been in?

Did you ever want Envy to compete with top tier clans?

If you could recruit 3 people who no longer play to Tempest who would they be & why? 

Same as the above but with 3 people that still play?

Who is the better tank out of you, vegeta & hamzah?

Hamzah takes the cake P2P I'm sure, with his solid experience.

F2P me and vegeta both have good and bad days so I'd say we're pretty close to eachother.

What were your goals when you led Envy?

To build a family, and a powerful one at that which could hold their own. I did dream of being a top 5 clan one day and maybe we could've achieved that if we didn't close and just carried on throughout the years. Considering a lot of people who have passed through Envy are still around, sometimes I do wonder lol. But yeh I had to make the hard decision between IRL/RS and I chose IRL.

What did you find  was your greatest challenge in leading Envy? What did you do to overcome this?

Probably migrating to PKRI. We were pure CWA and when I finally felt we were ready to make that leap, it wasn't something I'd ever told recruits we'd be doing at some point so I had members like Lully who were not keen on switching to PvP because killing people and taking their items/rune was not morally ethic 🤣 She ended up being the biggest looter btw so that fear was obviously overcome. But yeh, I had to have a conversation with most people individually, and it took time but we got to that point where we could 60/40 CWA/PVP from 100% cwa which was the right balance for the people.

Another huge challenge was when Exodus closed, a small unit joined Envy. They had disagreements with other Exodus who would crash our fights and ddos our forums. This was our first experience against Ddosing and @Stewie helped a lot with cloudflare etc which I had no idea about any of this since he was the go-to guy for technicals. The crashing eventually stopped I guess, after a lot of liasing and talks, and it didnt result in any exodus who were in Envy having to be removed or such.

Did you ever want Envy to compete with top tier clans?

Yes, it was a goal and it was achieveable given our momentum at the time of closure but it was one of the toughest life decisions I had to make, and a lot of people were I guess frustrated because closing at our peak when we had so much more potential is not an easy choice to make. I was depressed for the week after lmao but kept it to myself. The timing was just really bad I guess but yeh, it was something I would've loved to do.

If you could recruit 3 people who no longer play to Tempest who would they be & why? 

Hmm thats too little; theres loads that would take the top spot equally, but just off the top of my head I guess;

• John/3nvy this; He was a day one envy, loyal, and there till the end. Amazing warrer all round. He hated downfall and they hated him. It worked well at the time. We still keep in touch.
  • Angry Ghosty; he was another day one to day end of Envy, who was always active and a good warrer/member all round. He's probably one of the most negative guys I've met but to the point it became a banter topic in Envy that was just laughed about. But he was loyal and his loyalty didn't ever falter. He plays some stupid battleships game and I'm still trying but its hard to get someone to start playing from level 3 again.
  • Fergus562; Top guy, friendly, amazing skillset in warring. He was a great member for envy and brought @Feeenix and @Dragox to envy, and maybe even brought @King_Obina to envy? Not sure but you can confirm

But honestly there's a bunch of others that are equal to them who don't play anymore that I'd love to see playing.

• Like 2

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

Do you notice any huge difference in the way clans fight and or interact with one another now compared to then? 

Is there anything you'd like to see come back to fights from back then? 

Wasn't rodm in killjoy? 

image.png.f81ac5f3ef9f13cb4b51bdb0d06fe4b8.png

55 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

What got you onto the clan scene? 

I know watching DI taking over the clan scene was a big impact for pvping warring etc for us cousins. How do you feel being in the same clan who led D.I @Brian  ?

What got you onto the clan scene? 

TCC/Scattcatt recruiting me randomly at fally west, and sharing those experiences with you on late nights is fucking nostalgic bro. I miss those days. I remember pking Rune(t) on an allied pk trip with CR when in TCC and that was a huge PK back then. These days people return in rune(t) for fashion lmao

I know watching DI taking over the clan scene was a big impact for pvping warring etc for us cousins. How do you feel being in the same clan who led D.I @Brian  ?

It's good, and I haven't been disappointed. Being able to work with him and see what he's about, I can see why DI was so successful. They were #1 when I started playing and just witnessing their strength, their community and organization from the outside, was something that really was something that i Envied (no homo)

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

59 minutes ago, david said:

When are you making more graphics?

Favorite games to play?

Favorite moments in Envy, DF, Tempest?

When are you making more graphics?

I keep saying I will then things keep coming up. I still have some plans graphic wise for Tempy as a clan but personal shit that happened (which you're aware about) has taken its toll in the recent weeks and I'm still getting on my feet and haven't been able to do what I want. I think I've lost a lot of motivation for a lot of my hobbies recently because of the recent IRL happenings but I'm getting there slowly. Keep an eye out, big graphics to come soon amen.

Favorite games to play?

Warzone with the boys and League ARAMs. They're the the only other games I play. 

Favorite moments in Envy, DF, Tempest?

Envy : PKRI's. There was always hype topics in the prep to them and I just enjoyed all the PKRIs and the thrill of them. We did them once a week most the time, very rarely more, so it was always where we could go all out and pump up a big pull.

Divine Forces : I guess the start of DF in the crashwar where there were mass scale F2P fights. I stayed at all of them until the end. I've never left a fight early in my clanning career lol. If im there at a PKRI and its going on, I can't leave. Once they died out and we stopped entering F2P, I could feel myself losing interest.

Tempest :  The PM Dark spin cycle day. That event was legit so fun and the atmosphere on ts, the numbers we pulled and the performance and spam we were putting out was unstoppable.

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

1 hour ago, Blogs said:

What's your opinion on the clan world when you started clanning vs now?

What did you think of being in a clan pre-BH/CWA and post-BH/CWA?

What's your opinion on the clan world when you started clanning vs now?

The clan world right now is just a shadow of what it used to be; but there are still ways to enjoy it just with the people you meet. Everything changes but some of the cool people you come across on here doesn't change, regardless of how the game does. Unfortunately for the other side of things its true, doxing and IRL involvement now just seems insanely more than it was in the early days. I think just the number of people in the clan world compared to back then is one of the biggest reasons its not as crazy enjoyable. When you coul dmake top 30-40 lists there was just so many more options for fights and when PK trips in F2P were a thing that seems like its impossible to believe anyone you'd tell now. But I still like it enough or I wouldn't really be here.

What did you think of being in a clan pre-BH/CWA and post-BH/CWA?

I preferred the old days; pre-bh/cwa and when F2P was thriving because there wasn't such a gap betwen F2P & P2P content. I think as more things got added to the game, there was less reason for people to be purely F2P and as more content came to the game, free trade/wildy etc and F2P took a hit, it just wasn't the same.

• Like 1

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

40 minutes ago, Killaz said:

bro pls off we don't talk about this here

Lmao I'm just messin man 

• heart 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

1 hour ago, dwg said:

Thoughts on Downfall pre-eoc & OSRS?

How did you/Envy react when we unleashed the 4HeadRecords diss track “Envy Our Spares?”

Thoughts on Downfall pre-eoc & OSRS?

Top clan, the existence and rivalry with Downfall did help us in many ways, with active fights and also giving us something to be fiery about. In my opinion downfall always felt like a harder fight than Ascension- i'd say from our mid-sized fights Downfall was one of the clans I always took a lot more seriously. I was shocked when returning hear they were still around- better yet even see that they were thriving and also AFAIK went through a CWA era of being right up there. In a sense this made me happy to know one of us from the mid-size of envys time made it somewhere. Even in my time in Divine Forces I remember downfall as being a challenging fight and beating us regularly. If in 2010 someone told me Downfall would be beating Divine Forces in the future, I'd probably ask them who paid them to throw around that propaganda. 

How did you/Envy react when we unleashed the 4HeadRecords diss track “Envy Our Spares?”

It got a discussion topic on our forums, so I mean it must've been pretty decent for its time. But it did increase the heat between the rivalry and some people like 3nvy this did take to it seriously 🤣

• Like 3

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

Don't remember a ton from Envy other than was close with you, Stew, AR07, few others. Thought you did a great job building from scratch and loved the environment that was fostered there.

Who were some other leaders you respected, and why?

Who were the main rivals of Envy, did you have respect for them or disdain to this day?

Who are you happy you kept in touch with? Who do you wish you still could speak to?

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

1 hour ago, true said:

Who were your least favorite members of DF?

What has been your favorite meme/inside joke of Tempest?

Who are your favorite new friends you've made from Tempest?

Did you ever think you would clan again after DF?

Who are 5 people you wish you could recruit to Tempest from previous clans?

How did you feel when you first heard @Brian talk?

Who were your least favorite members of DF?

Nobody specifically that I can name but I wasn't a fan of some of the PVMers there. As someone who'd returned to scape after not effectively playing for years, the 'elitist' mentality of certain members I'm sure you can think of, like when RAIDS came out, created a seclusion and division which I know wasn't only a feeling shared by myself. I didn't really want to get into the PvM aspect because I didn't know where to start, and it didn't feel like with DF was where I could start because I'd probably have been judged for missing a tick or some shit. It really did put me off at the time.

What has been your favorite meme/inside joke of Tempest?

Who are your favorite new friends you've made from Tempest?

Probably @Nancy if we're talking new friends, I'd say I'm closer to her than most people. I'm more of a 'I'll speak to everyone in general but I'm not super close to anyone' kind of guy I'd say. I've exchanged brief conversations iwth most of tempest have enjoyed conversing with people like scu, virgo, da bazz, danex, milad, ashley, mitch and more. I'm closer to a lot of the people I already knew from before I joined like stewie/casey/scampr/howl/fenix/trev/vegeta/david and talk to these guys regularly. Damn, I'm starting to think maybe I'm not the best at making new friends LMAO. I found this question surprisingly difficult to answer.

Did you ever think you would clan again after DF?

No I was certain I wouldn't be returning. sold my RSGP with amandas help when I left DF and even went to the point of discarding my magma mutagen to sell serp helm. I collateralized every last item into RSGP to sell. When you throw away a mutagen to get scraps of RSGP, that's when you know you're done. Or apparently not.

Who are 5 people you wish you could recruit to Tempest from previous clans?

I'll diversify it a bit as its easy to name all envy; so I'll disclue anyone who was only in Envy. I'd easily have most of envy here in the blink of the eye. 

StevenDoom - Envy/Divine Forces

Rohan - Divine Forces

Alex_Rider07 - Envy/Divine Forces

Jelle - Divine Forces

Hickchic - The Chaos Crusaders

How did you feel when you first heard @Brian talk?

I didn't expect the accent. Maybe I should've done my research beforehand. I just imagined him as I remembered his RS char I guess, a dude in a runechain- instead of an irish dude in a rune chain. But yeh I was fanboying as you probably recall LMAO, as legit I never thought I'd be clanning with ghjjf ever let alone working alongside him.

• Like 2

mEPuMsY.png

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png