IMK, AMA

IMK

8 hours ago, Wee Man said:

1. Thoughts on this? I barely remember the circumstances surrounding it at the time other that Exo members pking with DK when we scrapped.

Honestly, the PH thing was never a big deal. To my recollection, you guys would only have like a small snipe unit at our fights. Not really full on crashing (at least not regularly). I don't know if you guys happened to camp him at one of those fights, because he was furious over the matter. Most of the other officials didn't really care much. So he pretty much went and did that whole topic/apology on his own and pissed everyone off. That was actually a few days before I had left the clan, although unrelated to that incident in particular.

2. Do you consider Derek (DK) a good leader or just another one of those spaz whisperer types who could gather a loyal army of people at a moments notice  (similar to krunal for example)?

I think he's good a good leader to people who don't know any better. People who aren't really experienced. He leads those kind of people well, as they have very little expectations and can be easily controlled.

3. How is it being on the other side of the fence in regards to Zybez (a regular poster) and Sharkbrew (a staff member)?

I would say it's pretty interesting. Although the kind of moderation is very different. Zybez rules changed all the time but I do remember getting -1'd quite a few times over some pretty small stuff, compared to a place like Sharkbrew where you can pretty much say anything except doxing, excessive irl flames, or multiple racist remarks. Which is funny in itself, because a lot of people claim SB to be a "safe space", but don't realize that the communities before it (and not just Zybez) were FAR less lenient.

Overall though, I don't put a whole lot of time into Sharkbrew. I know a lot of Zybez mods really went the extra mile for that site, but aside from a select few, I feel it's pretty much a side gig for a lot of the staff at SB. All I really do these days is act as a consultant on dealing with bans/warns/etc, since we do have a very hard time staying consistent with punishments.

4. Being someone who came up from a cc team do you think that having lower level safe areas in the wilderness helps to bring in new blood, for example old fog cave, bh stairs/bank and the old cwa lobby?

I think that entire area was very helpful to the growth of PKing. Two pretty popular minigames just being out there in the wilderness, steps away from death... It worked well. All of the CC teams would constantly fight it out down there. Both in F2P & P2P. I'd say it's hard to replicate that sort of thing in the modern game though. There's such a stigma against PKing at all that most people don't even want to bother because of it.

5. Where do you personally draw the line in terms of client usage? Runelite? Custom Overlays/Quality of life plugins? Scripts/auto warring plugins?

Honestly, it's hard to say. I used OpenOSRS myself not too long ago, I used it solely for the friendfinder shit, but I did mess around with a few other plugins like TB timers & freeze timers (which are incredibly OP in things like RSB). I felt pretty dirty after a few days though and stopped using them. Then the entire client as a whole not too long after.

So my stance on clients/plugins is that anything that gives you too much information about your opponent to provide an advantage is pretty unethical imo. And obviously it goes without saying that anything that automates a PvP process for you is beyond cringe (aka all of VR's plugins).

6. Do you prefer current P2P or the older F2P fights (pre box meta/client usage)?

If F2P fights stayed like this (random fight from before the box meta), then I would say F2P > P2P.

7. Where do you see clans, the meta and the pvp scene in general going after covid is behind us?

A little less active. Maybe more emphasis on big weekend events as more people get busy with in-office work schedules etc on the weekdays.

8. Should I get active on sharkbrew?

Hard to say. It's very different from Zybez. It is a bit of a hassle having to wade through all of the pure clan stuff.  And the Discord is VERY toxic (people get banned daily for doxes etc). So really depends on what you're looking for.

Edited by IMK
  • Like 1

lApm4a9.png

Damn long ass topic bro!! 

How much do you love me? 

When can we expect you to join RF? 

When the dodgers beat the Rays how did that make you feel? 

Did you enjoy my binding for you? 

How great was EH as a clan? 

fuck marry kill : Boss Anthony , bob kelso, bob the strange. 

Pked Eh? 

51B6BEDB-7B38-41EA-ADC6-71C477D498BC.png

571B25AD-99CA-4FC8-8B75-4366A901627A.png

7 hours ago, Tika191 said:

If every clan was forced to play on steam (fingers crossed for something like this to happen), who do you think would have the best organization in f2p / p2p?

Hard to say. I don't think there's anyone in F2P who is miles ahead of anyone else really. So even without clients, I think it'd still fall to who did better at that specific fight between Temp/Rev/AF.

As for P2P, hmm... I think initially it would be Rev. DF, in my opinion, has some of the best mages in the scene (of course, we definitely have some who would make people say otherwise) so I think once they got used to warring without player indicators (to easier tell what's a good clump to barrage and what one isn't, etc) it would be far closer and maybe we'd even be higher. Unsure though.

4 hours ago, Scumpr said:

Who has been your favorite member in DF throughout your time there, and why is it scampr?

I'm sorry Scump, but I'm going to have say it's Bab. Sadly he's a ghost now though.

33 minutes ago, Anthony said:

How much do you love me?

A fair amount

When can we expect you to join RF?

Maybe when I'm retired

When the dodgers beat the Rays how did that make you feel?

Disappointed, but it was pretty expected. You can't expect to win the whole thing on the lowest payroll in the league. Getting to the WS was astonishing in itself.

36 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Did you enjoy my binding for you?

It was pretty decent

44 minutes ago, Anthony said:

How great was EH as a clan?

Pretty decent clan, albeit with a goofy name. All of the ex-EH I've met over the years have always been pretty solid individuals though.

46 minutes ago, Anthony said:

fuck marry kill : Boss Anthony , bob kelso, bob the strange.

F: Boss Anthony

M: Bab

K: Bob Kelso

lApm4a9.png

Here's what you were referencing in a previous post: https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Update:Blog_-_Community_Management:_Clan_Submissions_Page_(February_2010)

Glad Jagex bolded the most important part

Late last month, we approached True 2k8 as usual, asking Crimson Raiders (CR) for a week’s prep and, after weeks of begging CR for a fight, we finally got what we wanted. Both clans prepped extremely hard for the fight and I haven't seen as much motivation for a Saturday fight in a long time. After the first day, we had the majority of our members signed up, including numerous retired/probation members, our Inner Clan Discussion was full of CR-related pump-up topics, and you could tell each and every Exodus member was determined to win.

Our amazing sign-up was mimicked by our in-game starting options and, as soon as we saw the options were similar, we knew it was only a matter of time.

Exodus starting: 240 options - 80 people
Crimson Raiders starting: 261 options - 87 people.

From the get-go, we immediately took control. With the numbers being virtually even, we knew we could afford a large snipe unit, so we sent out 25 of our best tanks to go to work on their pile. Our main pile was doing extremely well, killing everything, while our snipers were managing to tank all over the map. After about an hour in, we had CR regrouping and, from then on, it was clear we were in control and CR were going to have a very hard time coming back.

Nonetheless, I think we must have forced CR to mass log-in on at least 10 separate occasions, and after the first hour of the fight it was just a matter of hitting their regroups. Regardless, CR had our main pile nervous a few times, but I can confidently say that there was no time where I believed CR's main pile was stronger than ours. In my opinion, the fight went on a lot longer than it should have, but that was to be expected, being such a heated rivalry for both clans. After 10 hours of fighting, we ended with 58 people in-game at 3AM.

Exodus ending: 168 options - 58 people
Crimson Raiders ending: 0 options - walked out

Good fight, CR! I had around 10 deaths and I'd say 50+ kills, being a sniper for 9.5 of the 10 hours. It was a lot of fun and, while it lasted longer than I would have desired, it just goes to show the level of dedication within both clans. I'm extremely proud of the dedication and commitment shown today; amazing effort and performance, Exodus.

aUBwTQ1.png