Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

26 minutes ago, B4uz said:

Why do you never speak on ts? 

Whats you’re favorite moment on Vng

What made you leave Vanguard

Some say I'm really a girl others say dogs ripped out my vocal cords. The world may never know. Just kidding - It's a health thing but I would prefer not to go into details on a public forum. 

Fighting SV for 4 hours and winning 

I didn't agree with the changes being made by new leadership nor the direction. It was drifting more and more from my original vision. Most of my friends and the original members had left and a new core of people remained. I didn't see any point in sticking around as a relic or arguing clan philosophies that were no longer wanted. I thought it best to let the new generation handle things from now on. 

• Like 1
  • heart 3

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

36 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

love you bro ❤️

What is your favorite part about recruiting?

How were my recruiting skills when we walked around the GE? 🙂

My favorite part is seeing the people I've recruited mesh with the community and make friends.

You were terrible but I love you!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, true said:

What was your proudest moments in Vanguard, The Rising and Tempest?

What has been your biggest surprise about Tempest?

What Tempest members do you think would have been great members in a clan like Vanguard?

If you could recruit one Bunny Guest to Tempest, who would it be?

What is a disgusting food you can't help but eat?

My proudest moment in Vanguard was probably when a med clan called Avalon kept hitting us at bear while doing PvM. They kept flaming us and telling us to go back to our skill comp. We gained from 5 people to 30 with one ping sending them all to lumbridge after an hour of fighting. I don't have a proud moment in TR. Maybe when I helped fix the app process.

For Tempest it was when RoT started crashing us thinking we would be an easy target. They came after us during a nightly cluster expecting us to run. We were aggressive and smoked them for two hours. That day we sent a message to the clan world that we were here to stay.

@dnd5 would.

I would recruit @sheli~ so you could learn to pvm.

Canned salmon.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Pietru said:

What was True's recruitment pitch like?

How do you feel Vanguard worked out at the end of the day, being a skilling, pvm and pvp clan at the same time?

What was being an advisor rank like in TR?

I actually convinced him to do it with @david's help.

If we didn't rely so much on skill/pvm we would have never been able to pvp. Pvm paid for our sets and skilling helped us grow closer.

I felt out of place, honestly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, B4uz said:

What happened with Ekim and why was he kicked from VnG

He could be very combative with people and we could never really find a solution. In the interest of Vanguard we removed him. This made me very sad because he was smart, loyal and dedicated. 

❤️ 🙂 

Where did you come up with the name Venenatis?

Why do you choke on pickles (aka God's gift to mankind)?

When are you calling for Tempest?

If you had one wish what would it be?

rf5CUnO.png

b7RK1RJ.png

KcWkEw4.pngveneSig.jpg.b0fd15ac5e0a61edb678286925403d58.jpg

Not very good at asking question but just dropping a big Thank you for having me in Vanguard 🙂 And thank you @true for telling me about Vanguard 😛

• heart 2

bbe0171816dd2e2703a5c7e35ae3ccad.png

6BkaIin.png
VnG Pur3 / Pur3 str0ng2 / I work high
= Vanguard Retired Leader, Tempest OldSchool =
= Ex Kissing the Shadows Council / Darkness Awaits CouncilCrimson Raiders Moderator - The Rising Elite member

You've been a steady force in Tempest, thanks so much for your work. 💙

I think when FSK closed some of them joined Vanguard, what was your opinion on those who joined? Any stories/etc. worth sharing? (Could be mixing up clans here sorry, I was barely active when they closed.)

What's your favourite meal?

Where do you think Tempest excels the most currently?

image.png.7e4d02dbe21f2ee7188add6d535c8143.png

52 minutes ago, The End said:

What were your thoughts on Downfall while you were an applicant there for a little bit in OSRS?

Good. I honestly considered a mass join of our PvP faction into Downfall and to keep Vanguard exclusively community. Kneeled shot me down, though. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The End said:

Can you elaborate on Vanguard's closure in 2019 or so? I believe Tim/Firehands invited me and I joined or so for a month and then the clan abruptly closed a little after I got full member.

After our victory over VR in a weird two week crash war our enthusiasm for PvP was beginning to dwindle. F2P was dead and so was deep wilderness. The rev caves were filled with raggers. We would spend hours walking in circles with 25 people just getting ragged on by vennies. At the time CT and Rev were one of the only legitimate opponents we could fight. But they kept trying to get us to pick a side in the crash war which we refused to involve ourselves in. 

We knew we could no longer mand PvP. We returned to our roots of community and I took this time to retire. Though without PvP people got bored, cliques formed and members started disliking each other, for in my opinion, silly reasons. Mike who was now leader received a lot of hate for this era. I do not believe it was his fault. He inherited a clan that was going through a drastic change due to circumstance. Sometimes it's easy for us to blame a person for problems out of their control. Mike had a strong personality and wasn't as soft spoken as me. That could be both a positive and negative because we had a good cop bad cop thing going. However, in this case it was bad. It kind of fueled the members frustration. That was probably his biggest setback during this time. He offered to step down and return the clan to me, or guest the individuals stirring drama.

I didn't like either scenario, with a good chunk of our members going inactive for WoW, and with enthusiasm at an all time low. I thought it best to close to save friendships. All in leadership agreed, except for @Pur3 Str0ng2 and we closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The End said:

Thoughts on the new Vanguard and their leadership? 

They are doing great. They continue to host events with a large following and recruit various new people. I do not agree with their approach, which is why I had to step away. I cannot say that it's the same clan as the style has changed drastically. Very few original members remain. But with all things considered, they have done well to rebuild a new  version of Vanguard. I think they would have been better off rebranding, though. 

• Like 1