Jebrim AMA

Jebrim

19 hours ago, oob said:

so life in prison for marijuana users?

No, but a sentence that is long enough to heavily discourage its use in our society.

19 hours ago, Blogs said:

Would love to hear your thoughts on what a RINO is. As a neocon, Rumsfeld would have almost certainly been described as a RINO (although that exact term probably didn't exist) by those Republicans that came before him.

RINOs do not believe in our party platform: https://www.texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-Platform-Ready-for-Publication-10-23-2020.pdf

Do you support the other parts of their agenda?

I supported their support for Protestant Christianity and opposition to Catholicism. I do not support their methods with regards to breaking the law. I would never join them either.

19 hours ago, Redskull said:

This may have already been asked but what are your views on Baptism?

It is a public expression of faith. Go get baptized only after you've truly been saved. It is symbolic only; an ordinance, not a sacrament.

19 hours ago, dnd5 said:

What do you make of the power outage/freeze event back in February?

That's what happens when you put hippies in charge. We spent far too much money trying to switch to unreliable green energy that could've been spent improving our natural gas infrastructure. Furthermore, what natural gas shortages occurred were the result of stupid human errors where the Obama administration forced them to switch to electric compressors and then the grid operators shut down the electricity powering those compressors. We should give the Texas Railroad Commission regulatory authority over ERCOT instead of the PUC having it.

19 hours ago, true said:

Do you think billionaire Bruce Wayne does enough to help people in need?

I hate to break it to you, but Bruce Wayne is not real.

Have you ever read a history book? Do you know anything about the history of the Middle East?

You are mistaking Islam with Islamism and then Islamism with violent Islamism again. I would go into this with you, but I fear you wouldn't understand. 

What makes a 'culture' 'superior' over others?

True Islam is Islamism. The rest are just pretenders.

We can measure and compare different cultures by the results we see from those that follow them. There's a reason why every single Anglo country outperforms all the rest. There's a reason why certain Asian cultures do so well. There's also a reason why Latin and Muslim countries underperform.

19 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you believe Gerrymandering is a real thing and do you consider it an issue if so?

Yes it is real. It has always existed. It is not an issue. Democrats do it too. They actually held the House for nearly 60 straight uninterrupted years. They didn't complain about gerrymandering until they lost the advantage.

When you say the states were fighting for their rights, can you elaborate on their rights to what? Was it slavery?

The right to self-government. To govern their own affairs as they see fit, even if outsiders don't like the laws they have. It is this principle that maintains the peace in the long run. Let state have their own set of laws. Let them differ. It gives people choice. It's far better than having a one-sized-fits-all approach. Attempting such a thing upsets a great many people and leads to bloodshed, which is exactly what we see throughout history whenever it's been attempted.

18 hours ago, Blogs said:

1. Yes there is. You are factually wrong.

2. Define evil and define Marxist.

3. As an example, there are no guns in UK schools. We also have no school shootings. Some would argue that this is because the UK has strict gun laws, which is true. However, I believe Yemen is the second most armed country in the world after the USA. They don't have a problem with school shootings. What is Yemen doing right that America cannot? 

Ranked by deaths per capita. These states had the strictest lockdowns in the nation and still ended up having the highest proportion of deaths. It was simply not preventable.

unknown.png

Evil is anything that God has deemed to be evil. Marxist is when you want to overthrow the established traditional Capitalist order with new theoretical ideas based on establishing equality of outcome.

The UK has many stabbings and is the burglary capital of Europe. Gun ownership rates were also never particularly high. Furthermore, it was the British attempts to take away American guns that led to the first shots of the American Revolution. We have the Second Amendment to be able to use them in revolution against a tyrannical government that oversteps its constitutional limits. That is the main purpose of the Second Amendment.

Yemen isn't doing anything right. They're a war torn country because of the many Muslims in it.

• Haha 1
  • honk 1

1. The leading cause of death in the world is heart disease.

2. Great, we agree communism is bad. What's your point?

3. Define "sexually deviant behaviours" and please explain, in detail, what is wrong with each of them.

Politically motivated individuals exclude abortion from such statistics. Including abortion figures puts it at #1.

Atheism is bad. Atheism leads to a loss of morality, which in turn leads to cheapening the value of life and thus more murdering occurs.

All morality comes from God. The same reason why murder, theft, incest, and bestiality are all wrong is the same reason why sodomy is wrong.

Please explain how people from Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Egypt are "degenerate barbarians".

Have you ever been to any of these countries? Have you ever met anyone from these countries?

I have cousins there. Have you been there? Have you then been next door in Israel? They are total polar opposites. Israel has a modern metropolis. The Muslims live in impoverished conditions in comparison. They simply don't know how to do any better because they keep embracing failed ways.

Holy shit this is the most batshit post out of all, which having spent my evening reading them is saying a lot. But for the sake of it, let's poke a few holes:

1. Where in the constitution is Social Security and Medicare not allowed? If so, how do you think the Republican Party would react given demographics of the Republican voters?

2. We get it, you don't like America. You should kneel for the flag because it represents all 50 states.

3. Therefore we should ban all guns that aren't muskets and outlaw the internet and telephone communication between people as those that wrote it didn't understand it.. 

Sounds like you don't agree with the Constitution,

You don't understand how the Constitution works. It enumerates a handful of powers. Anything not expressly listed is something the federal government is not allowed to do. That's the entire notion of limited government. States gave a small number of their massive powers to the federal government to govern affairs between the states and foreign countries. The rest they retained for themselves or their people. There is no power authorizing the federal government to provide social services to the general public.

The right to keep and bear arms refers to any weaponry. The Founders were well familiar with a variety of different types of arms.

18 hours ago, Kim said:

What are your thoughts on toxic pvp clans? 

I don't like them. It's a big reason I'm not involved with the pking community.

18 hours ago, Kim said:

What are your thoughts on Mitt Romney? 

I don't like him.

18 hours ago, Kim said:

What are your thoughts on having the most replied topic in the AMA section? You even surpassed Mod Mat K's AMA topic. 

I like to be #1. 🙂 

18 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Is it possible for sexual assault to take place between married couples?

No but it is possible for physical assault to take place between married couples.

Have you sought medical help?

No.

18 hours ago, Joe said:

Do Economics, Law, Journalism not add "real" value to society either? 

Academia provides limited value. Journalism is the least valuable in this.

16 hours ago, Req said:

Were you worried about your career choice when Covid significantly impacted the commercial airlines side of aerospace and defense industry?

How much do you earn a year?  Any bonus?

What is your dream job?

Lockdowns did not really impact the defense industry. We have plenty of money flowing in from large backlogs. I just ended up working from home. Lockheed actually hired a bunch of people immediately after the lockdowns went into effect.

16 hours ago, eggshell24 said:

he's prolly afraid his honest answer to this could get him banned from rs lol, after what happened to oslo

Not at all. Jagex is already well aware of my views on the matter. My support for 1 Corinthians 7 really upset a couple of them.

16 hours ago, Killaz said:

thats not what I asked so I'll ask again

Just because it was uncommon does not mean it was popular to do. Women had to fight for civil rights and so did minorities, so no, it was not common as you're making it out to be. What I'm asking is DO YOU believe they should have the rights given they did not back at that time. A few might have had the privilege's, but not the same RIGHT as a white male. 

to add, lets just say do you want muslim people voting in the same elections as you or do you think they should have the privilege to? YOUR OPINION.

16 hours ago, Killaz said:

so no women and no minorities like Muslims

got it 

in other words you think "fuck you I got mine" voting should happen

I have already stated that the condition to vote is to own real estate property, live on that real estate, pay one's taxes on said property, and to be a citizen. Those are the only criteria I consider. Being a woman or Muslim is irrelevant. If some people can't handle meeting the qualifications to vote, then they don't deserve to be able to vote. It's entirely merit-based.

16 hours ago, Dickus said:

What if the poors have good Christian morals? 

They're clearly still missing something in their value system if they're not willing to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

13 hours ago, 3lite said:

Religious individuals follow and abide by their own set of moral codes.  Different denominations and organizations follow different guidelines.  What one group finds morally unacceptable, another may actively embrace.

In Runescape, each clan has its own set of moral codes that attracts a certain type of individuals.

Historically, we've seen such things as:

- Returning in a battle being "dishonorable" (Alliance clans from ~2004-2006)

- Looting being frowned upon, sometimes leading to disciplinary action (many clans throughout history)

- Insulting or "flaming" individuals from other clans on community sites leading to a kick/temporary clan ban (Eternal Honour)

- Praying in P2P single being punishable (Damage Inc from around 2007ish)

- Rules against 1-iteming/welfare gear (many clans throughout history)

- Rules against multiboxing or account sharing

On the flip side, we've seen some clans (and probably progressively so from early times) disregard all rules.  We've seen that when one clan plays by rules and an "honor code" it can be taken advantage of and preyed upon.

Given the above, would you draw parallels between Runescape clans and religion? 

These rules are motivated by a desire to have an even competition. Some value this. Others don't. That's what determines whether they choose to follow such rules. These involve more underlying value systems that individuals hold. These value systems are also heavily influenced by the culture of the clan one is in.

There are parallels only in the sense that the concept of culture is common denominator involved here. I wouldn't specifically say clans and religions are linked, but rather that attitudes within each can be influenced by culture.

11 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What do you think about conversion therapy?

Do you think secularism has a place in government?

People can choose whether or not they put their stick in another man's butt. There are homosexuals who come to Christ that recognize the error of their ways and turn away from such sin. They then become ex-gays. They go and marry a woman and father children.

All laws are based on the morality of the people that put them in. Christians get ALL of their morality from the Bible and do not recognize any secular standard for morality. To remove the influence of religion from morality essentially means giving atheists a monopoly control of government and discriminates against the religious. This goes directly against everything the First Amendment stood for. 

9 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

I have always wondered how people with strong state bonds considered themselves. I think you feel very much like a Texan more so than an American, just like someone from Germany would see himself as a German rather than a European. The EU and the USA are about the same in scale, similar population, GDP,...  Do you think of each state as it's own country as we in the EU have countries (Germany, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands,... vs Texas, California, New York, Colorado,...)?

Yes. That's how it was originally understood here. The Constitution itself even speaks to the united States in the plural as the many states, rather than a single country that is called "The United States of America." We are a federation of many states, in many ways just like the European Union is. 

image0.jpg

8 hours ago, eggshell24 said:

do you think a woman should have to get permission from her husband to cut her hair?

That's an interesting question. I believe a husband and wife should probably consult each other before making major changes to the way they look. Spouses should generally try to look good for their other half. That's just proper decency.

8 hours ago, eggshell24 said:

out of all the crazy shit you've posted so far, this must be the most harmful. i know nobody reading this will take you seriously, as nobody in this thread has done so far, but just on the off chance anyone does please do not listen to any of this guy's opinions on mental illness/health, he's irreparably damaged his by sleeping 3 hours a day for months (which is much worse than shitting your pants one time btw)

8 hours ago, Josh said:

You forgot the why? Why do you think mental illness doesn't exist, or is it specifically only autism that you don't believe in (as well as some of the other additions to DSM-5 from DSM-IV)

Just curious but what do you think the 700 known victims of sexual abuse, from the Southern Baptist Church, suffer from? Do you genuinely believe that being sexually abused by people in a position of power (Church leaders) doesn't have any long term impact on ones mental health? 

I reject the entire field of Psychology/Psychiatry. They have not advanced at all since the psuedoscience era of Freud. It's all a bunch of utter nonsense due to the same foundational epistemological problems it has always suffered from.

You cannot make predictions about human behavior that always come to pass.

You cannot repeat experiments on human behavior and get the same results each time.

You cannot isolate and control variables related to human behavior while leaving the rest the same.

Hypotheses and theories related to human behavior are not falsifiable due to the reliance on statistics; the use of counterexamples to disprove them would result in the entire field being debunked.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/Karl-Popper.html

8 hours ago, Dickus said:

Why do you reject Christ’s teachings of love and compassion?

I don't. I use tough love. It's also called being effective rather than just virtue signaling.

8 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

I can see that you have picked up a thing or two from your political affiliates. Dodging questions and talking about something completely different is a very politician like trait.

I'll make it simple for you and ask my questions again. If you don't want to answer them just say so don't bullshit around them.

• Why do you think it is just to take away the benefits of marriage of LGBTQ people? (mostly the economical ones)
  • How are in your view USA Military and CIA actions in the period after WW2 (meddling with internal affairs and values of other countries) any different from the North forcibly changing Southern Laws in the 19th century?

Same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, and homosexual behavior is illegal in Texas, and rightfully so.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.1.htm Article 1 Section 32: Marriage

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-21-06.html

There was some justification to prevent the spread of our enemy that posed an existential threat to the United States. It was a matter of national security.

The situation with the American South was very different. The federal government declared war on its own states. It committed treason. Here is how it is defined in the Constitution: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Lincoln committed treason against the states by levying war upon them.

8 hours ago, Dickus said:

When do you believe The Rapture and Judgment Day will occur? Within our lifetimes?

No clue.

6 hours ago, Tika191 said:

Rank these religions

Agnosticism

Atheism

Buddhism

Christianity

Hinduism

Islam

Judaism

Evangelical Protestantism > The Rest

Edited by Jebrim