The Rising AMA - Clugred, Des Troyer, Hscrusader07, Monkeyfbi135

Des Troyer

@Venenatis mentioned in his AMA that the last iteration of TR which was mentioned by true already had a lot of RWT sponsorships he wished he could have done away with. What do you think of such sponsorships ? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

As a member of 'The' during this time, it never really bothered me that people left to join TR as time would go on and we were doing really well.

Do you think TR was more successful in warring than 'The' from 07-10?

Did you consider 'The' as a rival? (or any alliance clan)?

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

2 minutes ago, The End said:

Questions for everyone:

During your time in TR when did you feel the peak was and when was the low and why?

Do you still keep in touch with any TR currently?

There were times in like 2008/2009 (whenever the CWA era was) that we literally could only pull 10 people. Members hated CWA, but those were the days where there was no alternative. So that’s definitely the lowest of the low.

Nothing specific comes to mind for the peaks, but there were some times in 2010 that we were consistently pulling 200+ options and were incredibly active.

Yes, I still keep in touch with some former TR members.

Just came here to say I respected y'all as a rival whenever we fought back in 2008-2010. 

Thanks for doing the AMA =]

• heart 1

When I was in 'The' Clan in 2011 I noticed some tension between the older 'The' members and officials and any mention of "The Rising". Could you explain what may have caused this scoffing and animosity?

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

Rxj6cZX.png

What do you think stopped you from becoming one of the top top clans?

I can't speak for everyone but you always seemed like a Tier 2 clan that couldn't really break into the top tier even after some huge pulls in PKRIs against the top clans you never really kept it up for long. 

57A4E4DF-0EEC-4B34-A050-4A53177748E9.jpeg

ROT MotM April 2011

Thanks for doing this AMA. I remember some quite heated wars in 2010–2012 between TR and Fools; in many of them, you outpulled us and we got a nice challenge out of fighting outnumbered. I don't recall that we'd fought the second iteration, but it might have been due to numbers difference and/or clashing time zones.

What are some of your most significant memories fighting other GMT clans?

Top 5 GMT clans in your opinion? (Free choice of time-frame & whether to rank them 1.–5.)

Best/favorite TR callers?

Small side-note: we did beat RoT a couple times in F2P CWA during their OSRS prime, including in a player-organized tournament match. They didn't really fight there often as a clan, so didn't get many opportunities, tho.

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

8 minutes ago, The End said:

Questions for everyone:

During your time in TR when did you feel the peak was and when was the low and why?

Do you still keep in touch with any TR currently?

Not sure how to answer, early on I loved every fight, we gained so much momentum and had many amazing run ins, but losing the wilderness changed everything for me and I couldn't really enjoy the fights in bounty hunter or the clan war arena as it was never the same atmosphere. I did try to stay motivated, but I guess during that time was definitely the low for me. 

I've stayed away from RS and the community for years now and had lost touch with the majority of people. Although since being hunted down for this I have reconnected with a few and hope to keep in touch a little more.

57 minutes ago, true said:

How did you guys feel about Sooz as leader? What were her strengths and weaknesses?

Have you talked to her in recent years?

This is the one question that I knew for sure was going to be asked.

No one can deny her influence within the clan or the fact that she was essentially the beating heart of the clan (at least in the era after Dan and Claire). She was excellent at making people feel welcomed and like their voice was being heard within the clan - at least for regular members. Within leadership it was more complicated.

As for weaknesses, I think my opinion will be pretty different from everyone else’s in TR just from having been in leadership with her for so long. It often felt like she wanted things done in a very specific way and there was no room for debate or interpretation. When we were both leaders there were many many times where we butted heads.

I have not spoken to her in the last few years, but I don’t hold anything against her and I hope she’s doing well.

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

What do you think stopped you from becoming one of the top top clans?

I can't speak for everyone but you always seemed like a Tier 2 clan that couldn't really break into the top tier even after some huge pulls in PKRIs against the top clans you never really kept it up for long. 

Timezone was the biggest barrier. Our GMT/+1/+2 members didn’t want to stay up all night for fights and we quickly realized that we couldn’t force them to. So we could have great pulls for capped fights, but even if we won, no one really cared or considered it a legitimate win because it was a 90 minute or 2 hour fight.

Edited by Monkey
  • heart 1