The Rising AMA - Clugred, Des Troyer, Hscrusader07, Monkeyfbi135

Des Troyer

44 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

1) Has True asked if any porking scandals yet?

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

What was the most difficult fight you’ve been apart of?

What rivalries did you enjoy the most? 

Which clans were the most annoying to set fights up with? 

What was your favorite non-warring/community event?

Between 2010-2012, why did TR have such a large official list?

Who were the best/worst warlords and callers?

What was your favorite aspect about the community that TR had?

What is something you wanted to change in TR but couldn't?

bgu6onV.png

UKCsls0.png

CqiVbBZ.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/703876074005594133/823430131716587590/kwonsig.png

1 hour ago, Z Nick said:

Thoughts on RoT?

Best clan main clan atm in your eyes?

More pull or better quality members?

I’ve never been a fan of ROT. Basically felt like their plan was always just to bully everyone into submission.

No idea who the best main clan is or even what clans are still around.

Higher pull and better quality members :#

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Is there anything that would interest you in reopening again or playing again?

If you played again but didn't want to reopen, what clan do you think you'd find yourselves in?

What do you think of the following clans?

RoT

AF

Downfall

DF

VR

Di

Brut

What in your opinions are the worst/best changes the game has gone through from a pvp/clanning standpoint or just in general?

Do you wish you'd perhaps gotten TR more involved in p2p? How do you think it would have played out?

There really is nothing that would bring me back. If warring became fun again I might consider it, but probably still wouldn’t come back. I guess if I had to pick a clan to join it would be Tempest.

RoT - I don’t have anything nice to say here. Their success was impressive but I am not a fan of their methods, and I’ll leave it at that.

AF - Think we had a few decent scraps with AF in f2p, but I really don’t remember much.

Downfall - I was a big fan of Downfall during the Amateurnoob days. I hung out with them a lot and had some good times. Later on things went downhill and it basically felt like they were PH 2.0

DF - In the early days of DF (like 2005/2006) I was a big fan. That faded over the years, but I never hated them.

VR - Similar to my thoughts on DF except I never really liked VR to begin with.

Di - I had a lot of respect for the original DI, and their rivalry with DS was incredible.

Brut - similar to my thoughts on AF. I know we fought brutality a few times but I really don’t have much of an opinion on them.

The clan world kind of killed itself so it’s hard to blame the game. Removing the wilderness and then later on forcing everyone to start over from level 3 didn’t help by any means, but things were already going to shit without the help from Jagex.

I don’t wish we had involved TR in the p2p clan world any more than we did. We had some small trips for fun, but the p2p clan world was even worse than f2p with regard to the things we stood against (crashing, ddosing, etc).

1 hour ago, The End said:

Which clan did you enjoy the rivalry with most? 

TRWF. It was a great rivalry and got heated at times, but the furthest things were ever taken was flaming on RSC - and even that was usually stopped pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, S3lvah said:

Thanks for doing this AMA. I remember some quite heated wars in 2010–2012 between TR and Fools; in many of them, you outpulled us and we got a nice challenge out of fighting outnumbered. I don't recall that we'd fought the second iteration, but it might have been due to numbers difference and/or clashing time zones.

What are some of your most significant memories fighting other GMT clans?

Top 5 GMT clans in your opinion? (Free choice of time-frame & whether to rank them 1.–5.)

Best/favorite TR callers?

Small side-note: we did beat RoT a couple times in F2P CWA during their OSRS prime, including in a player-organized tournament match. They didn't really fight there often as a clan, so didn't get many opportunities, tho.

TR, TRWF, FOOLS, NG, CU

Not in any particular order. Had a lot of fun fighting all of those clans and all of them had pretty impressive peaks at one time or another. Shoutout to TRWF for being the only one on that list who didn’t crash us though!

Favorite callers… I don’t really remember. I’ll just say Nicksta because he said so many stupid things while calling.

22 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

1) Has True asked if any porking scandals yet?

2) My opinion of TR was always the real TR is pre-EOC. The new/current iteration has an ego far past any previous accolades warranting it when personally don't think TR has ever been as good as they thought they were, if TR were to have an 100v100 now they'd get thoroughly smoked. 100v100 back in BH/PvP world era really was anyones game especially when a lot of clans by that time deprecated in quality pretty hard, EH being one of them yet I felt like a lot of TR members had an attitude about it on RSC because "we nearly beat EH past their prime". With that said, is TR one of the best GMT clans of all time? Yes, but not in quality; just you outgrew the midsize and had enough to compete in the top 10 which was in large parts, anywhere between a numbers game vs who had the better timezone spread; I am aware the latter being an issue for TR because well, you're GMT. What are your thoughts on this statement? 

3) How the fuck did you ever let H0tgun lead TR? For me it was when the clan lost any credibility. The TR I knew would never have ever let him be anything more than a calling rank.

1. Not sure what exactly constitutes a porking scandal, but one of our old members e-dated someone in the clan who turned out to be a guy. 
2. I agree that the real TR died in 2012. I don’t think you can accurately compare clans that were around in different eras. Any clan from 2010 would get crushed these days because they’re not using absurd RS clients that do half the work for you. Clans these days have put so much effort into getting every single advantage in wars that I think they’ve basically sucked the fun out of it, at least for people like me. Our quality was great early on, then resistance to CWA caused a pretty major dip. In 2011 and 2012 we made a concerted effort to improve our quality, and it definitely made a big difference. As for the EH comment, we did beat EH in an uncapped fight (the only planned uncapped fight we ever had with EH, to my knowledge).
3. I was not involved in that, so can’t answer the question.

5 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Who was the most annoying member to deal with/gave you the most trouble?

@Icedragon D!

But in all seriousness probably Sergei Vi (in terms of annoyingness) or munoslayer (in terms of trouble)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • heart 2

3 minutes ago, Monkey said:

1. Not sure what exactly constitutes a porking scandal, but one of our old members e-dated someone in the clan who turned out to be a guy. 

Gonna need more details.

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Blogs said:

Gonna need more details.

Demanboy274, AKA Jared, was a long time member of The Rising Clan of RuneScape. Jared was known for flirting with anything that had a pulse. Along came some random intro who said their name was Michelle or something, and after a few months they started e-dating. After another few months, “Michelle” told a few of us to come on Teamspeak (or Ventrilo or whatever we used at the time) to tell us something important. This was pretty unusual, since “Michelle” had never talked before. I forget what exactly they said, but they admitted to being a guy and then left the clan.

We gave Jared lots of shit for this, but to his credit he was a good sport about it. He always said his biggest regret was the 50m he gave “Michelle”.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Icedragon D said:

Between 2010-2012, why did TR have such a large official list?

Who were the best/worst warlords and callers?

What was your favorite aspect about the community that TR had?

What is something you wanted to change in TR but couldn't?

Sooz created a lot of ranks that were probably unnecessary. Couldn’t really tell you why.

Best - Zafia, Toxic, Finny… basically all of them.

Worst - that time we got Hohto to call at like 2 AM after he had been drinking all night.

Our community was pretty different from a lot of other clans and I think some new recruits were caught off guard by that. We did not have 40 people hanging out on TS at all times, but basically the entire clan was extraordinarily welcoming and friendly. Sure there was drama occasionally, but not nearly to the extent that you see in other clans.

I really wanted to kick everyone who had “dragon” in their name. Unfortunately I couldn’t get enough support from the other officials.

25 minutes ago, Woot said:

What was the most difficult fight you’ve been apart of?

What rivalries did you enjoy the most? 

Which clans were the most annoying to set fights up with? 

What was your favorite non-warring/community event?

Some of those fights against LDK were absolutely brutal. They had like 100 people to our 30 and I’m not sure why we even bothered.

TRWF was the most enjoyable rivalry.

Forsaken was probably the most annoying to set up fights with. They declined almost all of our offers, while still insisting they were better than us.

Castle Wars!

• Like 1
  • sushmm 1

3 hours ago, Des Troyer said:

Soon after, we were clearing Adelais in an unplanned run-in with Adelais, before it was EOS showing up in their stead (who then insisted that they had “intercepted” in their eventual win topic). 

Haha that was me that came up with that, it wasn't crashing it was "intercepting" 😝. Hope you doing good Dan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2hGeu3q.png