The Rising AMA - Clugred, Des Troyer, Hscrusader07, Monkeyfbi135

Des Troyer

13 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

If you had to join a clan besides TR which clan would you join and what era? 

Followers of Malkav in like 2004. I always wanted to join a cult

42 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Demanboy274, AKA Jared, was a long time member of The Rising Clan of RuneScape. Jared was known for flirting with anything that had a pulse. Along came some random intro who said their name was Michelle or something, and after a few months they started e-dating. After another few months, “Michelle” told a few of us to come on Teamspeak (or Ventrilo or whatever we used at the time) to tell us something important. This was pretty unusual, since “Michelle” had never talked before. I forget what exactly they said, but they admitted to being a guy and then left the clan.

We gave Jared lots of shit for this, but to his credit he was a good sport about it. He always said his biggest regret was the 50m he gave “Michelle”.

Definition of a porking scandal btw, ty for this.

Also thank you for your answers to my questions, I was glad to see you approached it for what it was (ie subjective observations) instead of seeing it as me taking a shot, because TR was genuinely one of my favourite GMT clans and achieved that which TBE could not, which was be a decent English speaking GMT clan. They couldn't even get the GMT part right after a while lol. To go back to Q2 - the meta has definitely evolved and there are some true generational talents around atm in terms of callers and players, clients not even in the equation here (as someone that fucking hates them and can't wait until Ash nukes them); it's more emphasis on how numbers and RNG were more than individual member quality back then. Superclans like Solace, Adelais and then of course COR, TT for example, are clans you'd expect to perform 10 years later, RSD in contrast is a clan I would not still expect to perform now had they come back. They'd be another Divine Forces basically lol.

If most of your 100 people were half decent you were in with a shot regardless of how good the other clan was, because you need to take a considerable lead to win a full out comfortably and say "yeah we literally did just outclass them" and run-ins well, GMT and run-in doesn't really mix, but this was already at the point PKRIs were ruined by fast returning. Simply buy 300 sets and you're good to return for 8 hours every saturday 3 months in a row. Back when you could wipe another clan off the map in a PRKI on equal numbers by being better, that was prime. The issue I had was that TR members in general at the time were behaving like they were one of the elite clans in the game and well, they weren't, they were just one of the few clans left that could match top clans pulls. TR were good, just not as good as they thought was my opinion. But a couple of your callers were elite level in that era.

Once again appreciated! God bless Michelle.

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

thoughts on kwon/icedragon d as a member? 

Terrible.

In all seriousness he was the kind of member that made TR great and that would contribute positively to any clan. He’s a great guy and I’m never saying anything nice about him again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • heart 1

4 hours ago, Clugred said:

Hi, I’m Clugred (also known as Claire) and I was one of the founders of ‘The Rising’ with Dan

❤️

I have seen Hohto on Runescape semi-recently but has anyone checked into the status of his liver? Honestly, I don't know how that guy's still alive. 

• Haha 2
  • heart 1

First off, thank you all for doing this (wasn't expecting a Tr AMA!). 

I'm glad that I got to contribute to the clan on OSRS (even though it was different than the Pre-EOC one). 

I have a couple questions for you (any of you can answer them - that's totally cool).

1. What was your favourite moment in Tr?

2. In your opinion, what was Tr's best year for warring?

3. I know people have referred to you as the "nice guys of the clan world", what do you think about that?

4. If you could change anything about Tr (Pre-EOC or OSRS), what would you change?

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

Our community was pretty different from a lot of other clans and I think some new recruits were caught off guard by that.

As someone who would like to have joined TR at some point this comes as no surprise to me tbh. Always thought your community were a bit more distant from the public, if I may put it this way. Could you describe what made TR's community more different?

7jmTOjL.png     

43 minutes ago, Kurazita said:

As someone who would like to have joined TR at some point this comes as no surprise to me tbh. Always thought your community were a bit more distant from the public, if I may put it this way. Could you describe what made TR's community more different?

A lot of clans took great pride in their community, which in many cases meant the number of people talking in TS all day. But the problem (in my opinion, at least) was that once you started listening to those conversations, they were not particularly inclusive and were downright negative at times. Respect within TR’s community was a requirement and disputes between members were dealt with seriously by leadership. Anyone who felt denigrated could come to us and we would handle it. This isn’t to say that we babysat everyone, but basically that going out of your way to antagonize or belittle someone was not tolerated at any rank within the clan. This doesn’t mean everyone loved each other all the time. It means you were expected to ignore the people you didn’t get along with and not antagonize them. For some people this was a strange concept and not something they wanted to deal with, but it worked for us to create an environment where everyone was treated with respect.

• heart 1

Now there's some familiar faces!! Especially @Des Troyer since we shared history in Gladz together. I don't really have any questions; I just hope things have been going pretty well for everyone since we last spoke over a decade ago haha.

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

Some names I haven't seen in a minute.

Who would you consider your biggest rival other then TRWF back in the day?

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action

Hope you're all doing well! Always found it challenging to like TR as an official of EH, because TR came across as the classic GMT clan (refusing to set up fights unless they heavily favoured your memberbase in terms of day + time), but respected your quality and the style of operation you had running in terms of strong community and refusing to crash, offering to AC, etc.

What was the impact of Sooz joining and how did she develop her own culture in the clan?

What was the perception internally when, undoubtedly, you knew she had a certain image with the rest of the clan world (particularly from the EH crowd)?

What were your thoughts on Toxic911 as a caller? I don't remember very much from fighting TR apart from it was always 11am my time on a Sunday, and that I was usually squaring off regularly against him! Hahaha.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

29 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

Hope you're all doing well! Always found it challenging to like TR as an official of EH, because TR came across as the classic GMT clan (refusing to set up fights unless they heavily favoured your memberbase in terms of day + time), but respected your quality and the style of operation you had running in terms of strong community and refusing to crash, offering to AC, etc.

What was the impact of Sooz joining and how did she develop her own culture in the clan?

What was the perception internally when, undoubtedly, you knew she had a certain image with the rest of the clan world (particularly from the EH crowd)?

What were your thoughts on Toxic911 as a caller? I don't remember very much from fighting TR apart from it was always 11am my time on a Sunday, and that I was usually squaring off regularly against him! Hahaha.

Toxic/Pete was solid. Was generally a calm fella, but knew when to ramp up the energy. Just from my experience with him.

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action