Juneteenth -- New Federal Holiday

The End

On 6/17/2021 at 3:31 PM, Tika191 said:

Not overly familiar with the subject, but itll prob just become like most other holidays (especially summer ones) - the reason somewhat forgotten and an excuse to drink

Basically this, until eventually the day itself is forgotten and we end up working on that day anyways

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

Glad to see some recognition for something a lot of people already celebrated

probably won't be super impactful, I don't even see a lot of companies giving the day off

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

meme social justice holiday but because it's a day off people will be like w.e thx again blackies.

Blacks always observed it - but they just didn't get the day off, but now it's a federal holiday for whites who were the forefront of slave labour? America is a strange country to me. Let's give federal holidays for all black people who were freed from black slavers (who were arguably worse than white slavers and I say arguably because some white slavers were brutal, but black ones always were) into white slavery where they were probably better off. Also, black people are still enslaved on a daily basis in Africa but that's fine I guess cos they free in the land of freedom.

Gone full Jebrim here but as an European born black kid who's just sat back and observed the spectrum through my teen years and adult life, I find most of this stuff to be absolute fucking bullshit. And it's not because I spend too much time around Hatebreeder either lol. If it was really this important then your black president would have signed it off... during any of his two terms. Nigga grew up in the 60s and you mean to tell me he didn't think of this shit but his white vice president did?

Edited by Lavigne
  • Like 1

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte