Yoto32- AMA

Yoto32

Good to see you again. What was the worse piece of drama you had to deal with within the private CD mod forums?

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

What clans / people were the most annoying to deal with ?

Are you at all surprised what happened with the website?

Do you think if the website were to come back it would do well or no?

What do you think of what you know of the current state of the clan world?

Do you still play at all or na? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

2 minutes ago, true said:

What's the worst case of power abuse you've seen on Zybez?

What issues did you have with clan leaders?

Who were your favorite/least favorite clans to deal with/moderate? 

Any porking scandals?

1. Jim by far.

2. My biggest gripe was clan leaders that refused to post on Zybez. I felt like Zybez was merely a place to discuss recent fights, and that they were shooting themselves in the foot by not having the free advertising that came with the board.

3. All of them.

4. Pleading the fifth on that

3 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

Tell me about your rivalry with pkpete

I did not handle 2016 very well

2 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

thoughts on @Wee Man

Great bloke, glad I first promoted him. That was the thing about running the board, you never know who would fizzle and who would rise to the challenge

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Do you think the clan world would be any different right now if Zybez was still around?

Nah not really. By the time zybez closed, we were no longer as influential as we were. Looks like the clan world has mostly moved to twitter for shitposting which is a much better platform for it.

• heart 1

Apart from Jim who were some disappointing/abusive people that ended up getting binned and why?

Why did Robinhoodrs get demoted/banned? 

Who ban evaded the most? 

9 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

Do you regret promoting anyone to mod of RSC?

Jim. 

9 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Gonna open with a vain one, as you now obviously know after our last words topic in the private CD CL section on Zybez I was ban evading. Did you ever have any idea I was, and what was your opinion of me throughout the time you knew me on Zybez.

(MVP before I name changed to my handle Lavigne)

You were ban evading?? I thought you part of the CD staff?? We talked about anime and stuff

8 minutes ago, Ssj said:

Whats a yoto

Slang for "a hot mess"

9 minutes ago, Fire said:

Did you believe the allegations toward @Wee Man being a corrupted Zybez Moderator at first? Any doubts to this day that he was corrupt?

Who were your top 3 most annoying/difficult people to deal with on Zybez.

If the chance was given to bring back Zybez would you be down?

Do you feel that True 2K8 should be locked up?

1. I knew he was corrupt, he always talking about baking. Figured he was cooking the books.

2. Two spring to mind as the most annoying: Maurice and Crest227. I think Maurice was a troll but Crest227 was serious in his annoyances.

3. Nah, let the dead rest.

4. Always

13 minutes ago, true said:

What do you feel like lead to the downfall of Zybez?

Nothing Zybez did. Sure we made mistakes, but forums were/are a dying breed. Curse had a terrible business model.

• sniper 1

15 minutes ago, Yoto32 said:

Jim. 

You were ban evading?? I thought you part of the CD staff?? We talked about anime and stuff

Slang for "a hot mess"

1. I knew he was corrupt, he always talking about baking. Figured he was cooking the books.

2. Two spring to mind as the most annoying: Maurice and Crest227. I think Maurice was a troll but Crest227 was serious in his annoyances.

3. Nah, let the dead rest.

4. Always

Nothing Zybez did. Sure we made mistakes, but forums were/are a dying breed. Curse had a terrible business model.

17 minutes ago, Justyn said:

What was the reason for the closure of Zybez?

How different do you think the clanning scene would be if the CD section of Zybez was still active?

Who was your favorite/least favorite clan official to deal with?

What's your best memory from being the main admin of CD?

Have you thought about attempting to revive the CD Section?

1.  Curse owned us, and their business model was buying dying forums of old, obscures games and generating ad revenue on that. Obviously, not the best business model.

2. Eh not much. Ya'll moved on from Zybez by this point. But I always felt it was nice to have a neutral board to discuss clan activities. I feel like twitter does a good job of that nowadays.

3. Forgotten them all unfortunately. It's been awhile.

4. What I loved most about being an Admin of CD was trying to see the potential in posters to see who would become a good staff member. It was always a crapshoot, but was always worth it when someone stuck through it.

5. Doubt it's possible. The work that the old guard did (Brad/Tha Hanzz/Tim-/CJ) did to make Zybez the clanning hub at the start of the clanning world was lightning in a bottle. There was a void that needed to be filled in the early days and they did it, and CD basically ran on their reputation for the decades afterwards.

16 minutes ago, Kim said:

Thoughts on Sharkbrew? 

Sharkbrew was a meme in the CD staff. Every so often people would be claiming "Sharkbrew's the way the clan world breaks free from the oppressive yoke of the biased Zybez moderators". Was never gonna be a thing.

16 minutes ago, true said:

What's a random and fumy story you can share with us

One time when I was a mod, a RoT leader was bothering me about a topic on MSN I just really wasn't in the mood for dealing with that day. So I "handled" it by just shouting in all caps the lyrics of "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield, which I had happened to be listening too at the moment. 

I got yelled at that by higher ups.

16 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

Which clan annoyed you the most Moderating wise? 

What do you think of the clans between 08-10 (DF, VR, EOS, TT, EH, Cor, Solace, SE)

1. RoT was really good at just annoying the crap out of moderators. They knew that we were simply human and could be worn down to get a favorable ruling. They were truly the Karens of the clan world.

2. I felt like they were all trying to fill the void that DS left behind and just simply couldn't. DS left at the height of their strength and therefore no clan had to be as strong as they were in order to claim #1. Buuuut I could just be biased on that matter 😛

16 minutes ago, Scleritis said:

how many IPs did @Wee Man leak

All of them. To me.

Who is the coolest person you've ever met at Dagannoth Kings? 

Really though no serious question from me, it's just been awesome watching your account progress and get spoon fed drops. 

• heart 1

42 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

Are you looking forward to your rs players wiki page?

Rs3 or OSRS?

42 minutes ago, Ace said:

Good to see you again. What was the worse piece of drama you had to deal with within the private CD mod forums?

Oh my GOD you should have seen the arguments between Lego and Robtokill, DF vs Corr. They just would not stop bickering even the CD HQ, always over the most trivial bullshit. It was so bad that Robtokill even resigned as a Seme cause Lego kept getting favorable treatment.

40 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What clans / people were the most annoying to deal with ?

Are you at all surprised what happened with the website?

Do you think if the website were to come back it would do well or no?

What do you think of what you know of the current state of the clan world?

Do you still play at all or na? 

1. Any of the ones that called me bias. Believe me I didn't give a shit about your clan, I only cared about what was fair within the rules.

2. Nope not at all.

3. See my other posts. Lightning in a bottle

4. From what I can gather about the clan world, RoT just completely dominates with nobody close, which makes for a pretty boring clan scene imo. I've done some fights with True against other clans and they seem pretty fun. Feels like clanning's in a pretty decent place atm outside of RoT? Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't really been paying all that much attention.

5. I started an iron two years ago and he's almost maxed now! I've also done some fights for Tempest when True asks me. RSN is still Yoto32

40 minutes ago, true said:

Why didn't you return to clanning?

Honestly I enjoyed skilling more than clanning at the time and never really had a desire to go back. I'm a god awful pker. 

35 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Apart from Jim who were some disappointing/abusive people that ended up getting binned and why?

Why did Robinhoodrs get demoted/banned? 

Who ban evaded the most? 

Question 2 answers question 1. Robinhoodrs was also banned for leaking IPs, but I believe it was more for pking activities than clan related.

Saxo single-handedly got Mr. Anderson promoted to Smod because the top brass felt it would be easier to make him admin rather than deal with all his requests to ban Saxo's alts.

38 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What did you think of being in DF? 

DF was a nice clan, I just for whatever reason didn't feel like I fit in as well as I did with DS. Can't put a finger on to why that was.

24 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What was your initial reaction to the database leak perpetrated by Sig3x? 

Was that the really famous one? I was just mostly concerned about the reputation of Zybez. It was a really bad leak, and members should have their information safe when using our boards. 

Edited by Yoto32
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yoto32 said:

Saxo single-handedly got Mr. Anderson promoted to Smod because the top brass felt it would be easier to make him admin rather than deal with all his requests to ban Saxo's alts.

DF was a nice clan, I just for whatever reason didn't feel like I fit in as well as I did with DS. Can't put a finger on to why that was.

Has anyone seen me and Mr. Anderson at the same time?

Just saying, all part of the plan...

I think the real question on everyone's minds is:  What age were you when you discovered self-sodomy was your preferred route?

But for real, I gotta say, when I later found out you ended up becoming a Sr Mod I was totally not surprised. You were always one of my favorite modding companions. ❤️ PS we totally gotta attempt to raid again someday and hopefully you won't have to carry me as much 😂

• heart 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

does true 2k8 need his ass kicked?

as a main clanner and staff on a website mainly geared towards main clans, what did you think of pure clans? zerk/rp clans?