Yoto32- AMA

Yoto32

Who were the most toxic/obnoxious individuals you dealt with ?

Is there anyone who isn't around in the community anymore who you wish was?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

On 7/1/2021 at 4:07 AM, Yoto32 said:

As for the timezone question, nah we didn't consider that. Yes, the timezone a clan was in did matter but in our view that was just the politics of the clan world: could you get a clan to fight you in a favorable time zone or not.

Thanks for your reply! PMed you some stuff. The timezones of clans have been a point of contention in combination with the last man standing mentality. Some clans developed vehement relationships because, e.g., the EST clan would just keep returning until the GMT clan would have to dip due to it being past midnight for them or something, and the EST clan would claim the win even with way more deaths than kills. It forced clans in earlier timezones to adapt and reject what had become the Zybez / clan scene consensus definition of a victory and just make do with a good few hours' performance.

Another funny case illustrating this was when Fools (a GMT country clan) one time decided to just commit to fighting through the night – we later heard our opponent (VR) had kept telling their members: "Just keep returning, they'll leave soon, it's 1 AM for them" "2 AM" "3 AM" ... until they finally gave up at 7 AM our time.

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

On 7/1/2021 at 7:44 AM, Yorick said:

Good to hear from you man. Saw you at myth guild a while ago but was too late to catch up. Hope all goes well IRL. Was a pleasure to work with you on Zybez as CD staff. 👍🏻

Hey Yorick, great to hear from you! We should catch up now! To flip this AMA around, let me ask you this- what did you enjoy about being a mod? How did you like dealing with clannies? What made you stick through it long enough to become a mod?

21 hours ago, true said:

What rivalry was most annoying to mod?

DF vs Corr but I didn't moderate much when I became an admin

16 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Who were the most toxic/obnoxious individuals you dealt with ?

Is there anyone who isn't around in the community anymore who you wish was?

1. Maurice05 in terms of obnoxiousness, PkPete in terms of personal toxicity, but that was outside the clan boards

2. Honestly, Saddamph or however you spell his name. I felt like he and NH were a necessary, healthy counterculture to the whole "honor" mentality of the clan world. I did like being part of a clan world that had honorable fights but in the end it was the wilderness where anything goes. And compared to how no-honor evolved to ddossing and doxxing, it was downright tame.

8 hours ago, S3lvah said:

Thanks for your reply! PMed you some stuff. The timezones of clans have been a point of contention in combination with the last man standing mentality. Some clans developed vehement relationships because, e.g., the EST clan would just keep returning until the GMT clan would have to dip due to it being past midnight for them or something, and the EST clan would claim the win even with way more deaths than kills. It forced clans in earlier timezones to adapt and reject what had become the Zybez / clan scene consensus definition of a victory and just make do with a good few hours' performance.

Another funny case illustrating this was when Fools (a GMT country clan) one time decided to just commit to fighting through the night – we later heard our opponent (VR) had kept telling their members: "Just keep returning, they'll leave soon, it's 1 AM for them" "2 AM" "3 AM" ... until they finally gave up at 7 AM our time.

I mean the whole politics view of timezones in the clan world made sense sense when fights were more compact, distinct fights that had a clear beginning and end. It definitely became obsolete as the fights dragged out to multi-hour affairs. We definitely should have been better at recognizing that each individual person behind the screen had a life outside of clans and likely had better things to be doing with their time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yoto32 said:

DF vs Corr but I didn't moderate much when I became an admin

Hahaha I totally agree with this. That rivalry was extra spicy and there were always big flames firing off from both sides. Every time I saw a DFvCor topic, I'd think "oh boy here we go" 😂

• Haha 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

1 hour ago, true said:

What mods do you suspect used their mod powers to help/aid their own clan?

I don't remember any specific names outside of robinhoodrs or Jim so I don't want to slander anybody, so I'll just tell what our policy on that was. Any mods that we suspected abused their mod powers were put on probation while we investigated the situation and cleared their name. This was done by putting a member mask on them so they still appeared as a mod but couldn't access their powers. If we weren't absolutely sure they were innocent, we would ask them to step down and they would be set to hmem.