We are Applerune, Jay Jay665, and Robtokill. We Led Corruption - AMA

Applerune

Do you regret not giving rad leader after how much he did for di and vr?

Edited by Eric

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

I think kicking chopa was the biggest mistake corruption ever made.

Agree/Disagree and why

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

Who were your favorite officials that worked under you? 

10 years later, how do you feel about the Xbox360 thing? 

Corruption was still pretty decent by the time they closed, still pulling 50-60+ to fights. Do you regret closing when you did? Do you wish you had closed sooner? Perhaps you wish you’d stayed open longer and maybe made it to the launch of OSRS?

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

Who would you say are the most important officials in the history of Corruption?

What is your biggest regret while leading Corruption?

In terms of overall I think Robtokill, Andy4309 and Demonchild were the iconic ones in my mind. But in terms of my era it was probably Code(Applerune), Starman and Me with Mage Boy 500 & Conditions21 having small important appearances as they weren't as high up or around as long - both played a good part in our wilderness dominance in 2010. There are obviously people who played vital roles in these times too but I guess they weren't or iconic as the ones I've mentioned.

My biggest regret was probably having a big falling out with Applerune & Mage boy. We had all been friends way before Corruption and this ended up with Code taking a step back and Dave going to EoS. We are all friends now though and I've met Dave irl a few times.

1 hour ago, Ssj said:

What was corrs highest pull?

What was corrs most memorable fight?

Why did cor close and was there any disagreements surrounding it?

Was there ever a rank called Nolan in corr? PK leader or something? I swear he joined envy at one point and claimed so, idk how true it was

1) CoR's highest pull in my era was probably about 130 people in 1 go online. We did end up with over like 150 uniques probably during this fight though.

2) CoR's most memorable fight for me has to be between beating DF after 16 1/2 hours or beating VR on their birthday. The DF one sticks with me because it was a big turning point for us momentum wise and it was probably the best calling I have ever done in a fight - I cleared 45 DF off the map in a ridiculous transition streak (plus we hated DF). VR was memorable because we ANNIHILATED them on their birthday after they talked so much shit for months - it was amazing and I think we outperformed them pretty much the whole time.

3) There are a number of reasons which factor into this in my eyes. Our member base for years didn't really play Runescape and the game was going down the toilet in terms of ddosing, hacking, irl leaking etc - it was becoming a lot less enjoyable. However I think CoR ultimately closed because the leadership wanted to move on from Runescape mainly. Obviously the intention was from me as the last leader was to hand on leadership to others. When I brought it up though collectively between them all they wanted to either retire or take a step back and not a step up in terms of responsibility. It came down to no one suitable wanted to take over so between 3 of us; Starman (leader before me) and Code/Applerune (also leader before me) we decided Corruption was probably better off closing.

There were disagreements around it with the "old" leadership. We had Robtokill (sorry Rob), Demon and some others come back and say we can't do it, we have no rights etc. But the majority of the member base and some of the other OG leadership stuck with us and basically said the people disagreeing have no right as they haven't been around enough to have this kind of a say or see the state the clan and clan world is in. Ultimately I think they cracked and understood where we were coming from because Corruption stayed closed and there wasn't much of a fight put up after the first day or two.

4) Nolan? If you give me a runescape name it might ring a bell.

1 hour ago, Fire said:

What is your favorite memory from corr?

It's hard to define 1 moment. The story I put about Fritzl to pietru below springs to mind in terms of funny memories.  In terms of fight memories the response to SSJ holds these.

So for this I guess I'll say the summer of 2010 holds a lot of good / my favorite memories. I think arguably we were #1 (RSD wouldn't fight us so people never put us officially #1) and we were just smashing the clan world. At the time we had probably the best line up at the time in terms of callers; me, conditions21, mage boy 500 with solid backups and we were pulling 100 to small preps and 130-150 to proper prepped fights. We also had a great community at the time and we were always active on ts/vent playing games.

1 hour ago, mar said:

Looking back is there a particular moment or fight that Corr had that stands out in your minds?

And 

Which 1 of you would win in a fight vs the others?

What I put to Fire and SSJ. I always enjoyed fighting EoS too so for you I will say that one of the funniest moments was chasing down 60 opts of EoS who were all in holiday gear (there's a gif of it somewhere). Our ts was just crying with laughter seeing you idiots in them outfits like we couldn't even be mad.

Also the name change whenever we were beefing with you. When we all changed our names to variations of Wesley Snipes and the irl shit was kind of amusing at the time, it provided a lot of comedy for both clans. "buffy goes all night and so does cor" was an iconic spam.

Probably Code, he's about 6'5 and about 300lbs...

1 hour ago, Pietru said:

What's the most memorable moment of Corruption in your opinion?

We had a big fight against someone and we had a big pull of over 100. We all changed our names to resemble Joseph fritzl or some variation (google it if you don't know the story) and we were spamming fucked up stuff. Demonchild27 came on and he had no idea what was going on with it, he thought we were all doing something cool as a clan together but oh boy when he found out the story behind it he went APE SHIT. He had no idea the officials had the name too (mainly me and dave) he was going on about how like it's disgusting etc and it's the end of the fight so I have to take this fall in and call it "fall in on jay fritzl to the south" - there has never been a more awkward or funny moment in our audio in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Dox17 said:

Two questions

1. I have this itch on the back of my leg, and I can't figure out if it's a bug bite or dry skin.
  2. I've got an artesian well on my property and the water pressure is lousy.

Any suggestions?

I think you should see a doctor.

1 hour ago, Tika191 said:

How bad of a member was La Hire (aka "Eric")?

I think he rejoined when I was active and he was quite quiet then, nothing on the kind of stories you probably are familiar of hearing about him from back in the day. Same goes with Silverthug24 when he joined.

1 hour ago, Vio said:

How is the mosaic elephant doing?

Probably dead given the current climate

Edited by JayJay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

As I was Cor in 08-09, then what happened with the whole D2master and Lukas situation actually? And why it seemed like the clan leadership complete lost their direction then for months? We were really good during the Clan Wars PKRI era and had strong lineup and strong core activity and then basically 70% leadership went mia as Lukas and D2master left and later joined VR. 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

8 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Who would you say are the most important officials in the history of Corruption?

What is your biggest regret while leading Corruption?

This is going to be a long post, FYI. These are just a few that were important to me. Too many to name otherwise.

1. It's hard to say. COR was around for so long and spent so much of its time at or near the top that it would be a massive disservice to the people who made the clan what it was to not name most of them. I really could name so many.

But to answer the question anyway:

Andy4309 commanded a massive amount of respect whenever he was at a fight. I can't really think of anyone in my time in COR who was as respected as he was. He also led COR in a massive time of uncertainty (half the official base leaving, mostly for DI).  He was one of those guys that when he showed up to a fight you always felt like you were going to win. There were not many of those people in the clan world, IMO. If memory serves correctly, Andy had all but quit rs sometime in late 2008 and early 2009. Saying you admire something about someone in an rs clan seems awkward, but he was one of the few that commanded your respect. 

The only "bad" thing I can say about Andy is he was sort of off and on at times. He'd show up, then not show up, etc. He wasn't as committed as he needed to be as a leader, but he always commanded the room when he was there. I admired that about him. There's probably some nuances and dynamics lost in the story because it's hard to remember things from so long ago.

Starman050 has never received the recognition or love he deserves.

A lot of people never mention him when they ask me how leading COR was. He was leader with me for a short time. Hate to make this comparison because I may be off base, but Brian had Flako and I had Starman. He was/is my right hand man. He deeply cared about the clan and NEVER missed an event (community, fight, etc). There was nobody in the clan who could ever have a bad thing to say about him. Universally respected and he did a lot of work behind the scenes to keep things going. I had relationships with all of the major clan leaders and officials and have been in most of their teamspeaks/vent and spoke to most of them daily, and I have no problem saying that Starman was one of the best clan officials in the history of rs. Clans were built on the foundation of officials and leaders with the qualities and traits that Starman possessed. I can't say enough good things about him.

Mage Boy 500 & Jay Jay665 

I lump them together because they both joined around similar times and they were constants in terms of leading COR in game for a number of years. They both carried us thru COR's many peaks and valleys and without them we would have been royally screwed. They were both great, consistent fall in leaders that you knew what you were getting each time you fought. Without them I'm not sure where we'd have been. 

Conditions21

He joined the clan at the perfect time. We had been recruiting and building in early 2010 and when he joined the trio of Mage Boy, Jay, and Conditions put us over the top. Conditions is still the best fall in leader I've ever seen. I'd argue the trio of Conditions, Oli, and Mar were the best I had ever heard/seen. They were very good. Conditions is so important because he was the main fall in leader during our last true era of greatness in 2010. We pulled 130+ people regularly in 2010 and had 150+ people in audio at points during this time. I've never seen anyone better than Conditions lead fall ins. 

Robtokill

Rob is for obvious reasons. Rob was way ahead of his time in terms of crashing, spies and things that would be deemed "NH." We never did anything that would seriously hurt anyone. We never wanted to cross that line. But Rob had the right attitude prior to most clans adopting the us-against-the-world mentality. Rob also came back and ALWAYS helped whenever anyone needed it and he never stepped on toes or disrespected any official or their place despite his status in the game.

There are others who had periods where they were massive personalities in the clan and whatnot but these ones stand out for me in terms of people who stayed in the clan for long periods of time, devoted themselves to the effort, and for their respect in the member base.

2. Prob cliche to say but I have no regrets. We did it our way and at the time felt things were true & right.

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 2

What was the deciding factor of the clans closure? 

If you had the chance, would you bring Corruption back to OSRS?

How did Corruption breed La Hire 44 to be one of the biggest legends in Runescape history? 

Edited by RagingPanda

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif

4 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

What was the deciding factor of the clans closure? 

If you had the chance, would you bring Corruption back to OSRS?

How did Corruption breed La Hire 44 to be one of the biggest legends in Runescape history? 

Jesus my nuts

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

1 hour ago, Ssj said:

What was corrs highest pull?

What was corrs most memorable fight?

Why did cor close and was there any disagreements surrounding it?

Was there ever a rank called Nolan in corr? PK leader or something? I swear he joined envy at one point and claimed so, idk how true it was

In my era?

1. 130+. We had almost 160 people vs TT in summer 2010.

2. Fights that come to mind quickly are beating VR on their birthday (I think this was in 2009), beating DF after their 24hr fight vs TT in 16 hrs uncapped (can't remember year), and shitting on RoT so hard they finally started taking F2P seriously (can't remember year).

3. I wasn't leader when this happened but I remember Jay asking me if closing the clan was an option. He, Starman and I talked about it we agreed that if Jay felt it was right to close the clan they should do it. We weren't going to make decisions for other people. I had been retired for almost a year prior to COR's closing. Demonchild27 & Rob freaked out and posted on leaders forums saying we can't close the clan and COR should always live on no matter its state. We didn't agree and Rob and Demon had been too inactive for so long that they could have never stopped it. They eventually accepted it.

4. Yes. General199. He held the "Captain" rank. This was for people who were interested in leading fall ins. They had no power, no admin access, no special forum access. They had a different forum mask color and occasionally lead fall ins. It was our way of giving people a platform to lead without having to promote them. 

1 hour ago, Fire said:

What is your favorite memory from corr?

There are too many. Hate to give a cliche answer but COR had one of the best communities in the game. I know a lot of people say this, but we really did. Most of COR didn't play RS when I joined.  Getting people to actually play the game was a massive challenge for us as a leadership in as early as 2008. What kept us going was our community. I'll say this without hesitation that nobody could slump and bounce back like we did. 

My favorite memory of COR is the resiliency we had

1 hour ago, mar said:

Looking back is there a particular moment or fight that Corr had that stands out in your minds?

And 

Which 1 of you would win in a fight vs the others?

There's so many... a lot of people always made fun of me for "having no legs" cause I tore a few ligaments in my knee when I was a COR official and had to learn how to walk again and was in a wheelchair. I say all that cause one time I was leading a fall in and I had one of those corrupt dragon skirts on and it disappeared and I screamed I had no legs. Clan lost it. Moments like that stand out. The Joseph Fritzl stuff was hilarious (I'm sure Jay will talk about it). 

In terms of fights beating VR on their birthday and beating DF uncapped on a spur trip were two good ones. I missed most of the EH 3lites castle fight, but I'm sure lots of people would say that one too. 

2. I would clobber anyone in the history of COR's leadership

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 1

Could each of you share a funny behind-the-scenes story that didn't really hit the public? 

What's your thoughts on Enzock's time as a high-ranking official in CoR?

1) Probably the hacking of soulkiller37 between myself, mage boy and magenoobgirl. He was spying on us and we hacked his account when 76king was around. We were just dieing for big amounts of money and me and magenoobgirl got huge drops. Mage boy was raging because he made like 100k lol

2) I liked Enzock and he was a nice guy, he just wasn't right for leader and his massive inactive sprees when he was in a major leadership position. He played a major role in me and Code getting ranks too so he obviously had a good eye....

1 hour ago, Sardo said:

Hope you guys are doing well. I really enjoyed the reunion PK trip the other month, was great to see so many old names!

1. What was your lowest moment in Cor?

2.  Why did you keep ranking The Buzz Hed???? ? jk

3. Code, I think you were the best "hype man" during fights that I have heard in the clan world, what's the secret to motivating people?

4. I can't remember what happened to Basebas and why he left, do you recall?

Best regards, Tom / Sardte

1) Probably  the downfall of argueing with Code and Mage Boy because Code then became less active and Dave left. Both were my friends for a long time before CoR so it was hard to lead without them. Had I had Dave still in CoR I think it would have been a different story of how well we did in the last year of us being around.

2) We needed a big nose to sniff out the enemies.

3) I'll 2nd Code is a good hype man. Code was the perfect person to backup call for me because shouting was never my thing so I'd call the piles and he would do the hyping.

4) I literally can't remember. He was ranked as PK Leader with me but I took off and became one of our main callers (then the main) and I think he knew he wasn't going to get Warlord anytime soon so I think it contributed to it.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

@Robtokill

We always used to play a ton of different games as a community back in the day, counter strike, tribal wars, etc. I always thought that was pretty sick and made the community a lot stronger, but I also feel like tribal wars slumped us pretty bad at one point lol.(I remember that kind of being the start of the chopa beef)

So, in your opinion should for have focused more on doing things in runescape in off hours or was having a diverse gaming community the right move?

My 2 cents on this when I took over is most people never played Runescape including most of the officials (me included) so we kind of pushed people to getting into other games. We had our own Counter Strike Source server at one point and we had a 30+ strong unit of it.

59 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

A Nolan had joined CR saying he was a former Trial PK Leader in RSD but was just some FA. Could be the same guy.

General199 - we figured out who it was. He was a "trial pk leader" or captain, not a pk leader.

49 minutes ago, ^_^ said:
Kick, Promote, Kill for the following people -- @Sh0w @Fasty @B0rntowildy

[7:25 PM]
id like you to ask @Code and @Jay that

and same question to @Robtokill but the people are @Danny Boy200 @J Flemm 01 and @Shaidester

Kill b0rn, promote fasty and kick sh0w

34 minutes ago, Eric said:

I think kicking chopa was the biggest mistake corruption ever made.

Agree/Disagree and why

Before me, he did come back and was High council in 2010 - helping us get back to #1

30 minutes ago, Dickus said:

Who were your favorite officials that worked under you? 

10 years later, how do you feel about the Xbox360 thing? 

Corruption was still pretty decent by the time they closed, still pulling 50-60+ to fights. Do you regret closing when you did? Do you wish you had closed sooner? Perhaps you wish you’d stayed open longer and maybe made it to the launch of OSRS?

1) Favorite officials who worked under me were probably other callers because it's the main thing I did. So for this I would have to say it was Mage Boy 500 and Grizzlebees7. Both were solid callers and don't get much credit because people like Conditions and Me were more well known. Dave/Mage boy was a great caller on his day and Grizzlebees7 was literally the perfect backup caller because he was "'ol reliable" and would rarely mess up.

2) I'll leave the xbox thing to Rob to answer lol but I will say that it never bothered me and it was literally money from ads...

3) We pulled about 80 people a month before we closed too. However oo I don't really regret deciding to close when I did. I think it was good because I think a lot of clans were waiting for a big important clan like us to kick the bucket first. Also the clan world had gone to shit with doxing, dosing, irl leaking etc and to top it off lot of our members and officials were wanting to move on from the game.

We had a reunion trip about 2 months ago now and we still got 60 odd people to it and while it was great fun leading for "1 last time" it also reminded me as to why I don't want to play this game to that extent again.

Edited by JayJay
  • Like 1

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Could each of you share a funny behind-the-scenes story that didn't really hit the public? 

What's your thoughts on Enzock's time as a high-ranking official in CoR?

1. Fm11 from Solace messages me on IRC and asks to speak to me, says its serious. I usually would brush things off like this but after some time he mentioned that it was about one of our members. I let him on COR audio and in a private channel he goes:

"So, Merlinm88 (cor member) lives in my apartment complex. He knows where I live and he keeps leaving paper bags filled with shit on my doorstep every day. Can you tell him to stop?"

That's an all-timer. I thought he was trolling, but I knew he was serious because nobody in Solace ever mentioned it to me and I never heard another word of it from any other clan or member or official. If it was a joke, people would have known. 

I asked Merlin about it and he confirmed. It was also his own shit which made it even more funny.

2. Enzock was not a good leader of people. He was the perfect high council. He also had debilitating anxiety that prevented him from doing a lot of the social aspects that made a good leader good. An absolutely outstanding person, a great guy, but not a good clan leader. He got a lot of shit from the clan world (and COR, really) and most of it was justified but was a lesser Chris1791 and Demonchild27. He should have never been leader.

Edited by Applerune
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sardo said:

Hope you guys are doing well. I really enjoyed the reunion PK trip the other month, was great to see so many old names!

1. What was your lowest moment in Cor?

2.  Why did you keep ranking The Buzz Hed???? ? jk

3. Code, I think you were the best "hype man" during fights that I have heard in the clan world, what's the secret to motivating people?

4. I can't remember what happened to Basebas and why he left, do you recall?

Best regards, Tom / Sardte

1. Not to get too personal, but I had always been available and ready to go for anyone during my time in COR. When my stepdad and mom split and my life drastically changed in 2011 I knew that RS was going to take a back seat for the first time in my life. A lot of people have trouble admitting this but anyone who lead a top clan (even non-leaders) that didn't treat their responsibilities as a full-time job is either 1) lying or 2) a shit official.

Being a high ranking clan official was a LOT of work. For me, realizing that I had to leave COR behind because my real life was "falling apart" was a tough moment. I've never told Jay this and it's not indicative of his ability as a leader, but I knew without me COR would not last long. You can call it cocky, arrogant, whatever you want, but it's the truth. And I think Jay will admit as much. For me, retiring was a signal that my real life was drastically going to change and that COR would not last much longer. When you spend so much time devoted to something and all of a sudden it's just gone, it's a tough pill to swallow.

3. Every clan pretty much had a hype man. I heard most of them and almost all of them were shit. It was because most of them just yelled down their mic and made funny jokes and these kinds of things.  I think the key to motivating anyone (not just in rs) is being respected and an involved member of the community. Everyone knew who I was. My words carried weight. It also took being consistent. You needed to be at almost every fight and be someone people could depend on. If I take pride in anything to my contributions on RS it was that I think I was one of the best at motivating the troops. 

I also didn't care about the clans we fought. I was purely motivated in making COR the best clan in the game. I never really said or did anything cringey like most clans did. It didn't feel forced. So much motivation being done by clan officials felt forced. That's just my two cents, tho.

4. Real life stuff IIRC. He also was given a lot of shit by members. COR was a tough clan to be in. The bantz was next level and if you couldn't hang you wouldn't last. He was one of the people who tried to but couldn't hang.

46 minutes ago, ^_^ said:

Can you now disclose what exactly happened to Fasty or is this going to be a national secret and will only be disclosed in 30 years time?

Fasty is in medical school. I haven't talked to him in a long time. I know he quit because he wanted to take medicine more serious (and the rigor of med school is no joke).

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

@Robtokill

We always used to play a ton of different games as a community back in the day, counter strike, tribal wars, etc. I always thought that was pretty sick and made the community a lot stronger, but I also feel like tribal wars slumped us pretty bad at one point lol.(I remember that kind of being the start of the chopa beef)

So, in your opinion should for have focused more on doing things in runescape in off hours or was having a diverse gaming community the right move?

Just to latch on:

This problem wasn't exclusive to Rob's era. Our community was our best asset but at times our downfall because most times the last thing any of us wanted to do was play rs, but we all loved each other and wanted to be around one another.

As for the ladder part of the question - I think this our best asset. It allowed us to break out of slumps consistently. When we needed an extra push it was our relationships with one another that got us thru hard times. And none of that would be possible without the investment of individuals & relationships over time. 

Edited by Applerune

2 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Being a high ranking clan official was a LOT of work. For me, realizing that I had to leave COR behind because my real life was "falling apart" was a tough moment. I've never told Jay this and it's not indicative of his ability as a leader, but I knew without me COR would not last long. You can call it cocky, arrogant, whatever you want, but it's the truth. And I think Jay will admit as much. For me, retiring was a signal that my real life was drastically going to change and that COR would not last much longer. When you spend so much time devoted to something and all of a sudden it's just gone, it's a tough pill to swallow.

On this one I probably support you - I think it was not just a factor of you stepping down to the clan but more a factor of me personally losing you keeping me straight on some decisions combined with the loss of Dave too. There was a heavy reliance on me to do both in game leading more and more of the decision and forum work by myself due to losing both of you and topped off with Starman being less active.

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png