Rccrazy165/J2swift - AMA

J2swift

Is there anything that you would want to bring from the old claning world to the new one? 

Is there anything you know now that you wish you knew back then (clan world related)? 

• Like 1

image.png.f81ac5f3ef9f13cb4b51bdb0d06fe4b8.png

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

What's your favorite victory from RSD?

Your toughest loss?

What is one important thing you learned from RSD?

What's your biggest strength and weakness as an official?

Top 5 callers from RSD?

Worst 5 callers from RSD?

I never heard you while you were in your "prime" just led against you a lot. How good were you?

What's your favorite victory from RSD?

Favorite victory was probably the 1v2 vs Corr+Eos in 2011 ish. it was quite short (maybe 2hrs or so), but getting them both to end out numbered by a bit was very enjoyable.

Your toughest loss?

Probably the 100v100 P2P against rot. It had gone on for 8-9 hours and they were legit almost cleared. Then randomly a drunk red badger7 and simon came on ts, killed atmosphere and we ended with in 15minutes of them joining. I banned both of them from TS with-in 5 minutes, but the damage was already done lol.

What is one important thing you learned from RSD?

Most important thing taken away was communication down stream. Its never about what is said, its about how its said. When people communicate things and have taken the time to explain the "ripple effect" it goes a long away and helps build trust.

What's your biggest strength and weakness as an official?

Being relaxed and low energy so to speak i think works as both the best strength and weakness. Strength in the fact that I feel I am very approachable and willing to talk to any one about anything, weakness as there are times that certain things should be taken more seriously, but its just not my way.

Top 5 callers from RSD?

In my life time

Mattalphonse

Red Badger

God Smoke

F1r3o

Scottien

We didnt have many bad callers but if I had to rank them. Miles is only on the list because he is where i got my low energy from LMAO

Aj

Joyhova post 2012

Jaybird

Hectidan

Miles

I never heard you while you were in your "prime" just led against you a lot. How good were you?

~ Good Enough ~ 😉 

PSkn5nd.gif

Just now, J2swift said:

We didnt have many bad callers but if I had to rank them. Miles is only on the list because he is where i got my low energy from LMAO

Aj

Joyhova post 2012

Jaybird

Hectidan

Miles

A LOT HERE JAMES

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, S3lvah said:

As an addendum to True's question about top 5 callers, could you go into more detail about their calling style and what made them stand out?

They all had very similar styles. Only Scottien, and Red Badger7 were more "hypey". The hype grew was myself, Scotty Dont, Red Badger, Jaybird towards the end. Mattalphonse, Godsmoke and F1r3o had the same type in that, the were never the fastest callers, however every call was calculated, clear and on point. They stayed very organized and it made even the messiest of fights clean from our perspective.

Mattalphone 

Red Badger7

Godsmoke

F1r3o

Scottien

2 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Thoughts on your boy Alex aka xo frozen xo? Was he really almost co-leader of RSD?

How was leading with Hecticdan when he joined the calling order so early in RSD? Why didn't he stuck around long-term?

What's your favorite RDK moment?

1) He'll always be a boy, just grew in different directions. and No not that i know of lol. I think bowhunter would've closed the clan before that happened

2) HD was a breath from a different scene so he stuck out very early. Overall it was pretty good. George was a good caller but always seemed inconsistent. We would get pressure about performing consistently and being around the community since we were more of the "face" for the officials group. So I think between that and hype settling he kind of fell back.

3) Favorite RDK was fighting Frozen Fury in a ~60v 60 and them closing right after we cleared them XD

2 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Thoughts on your time in DF vs your time in Tempest? 

DF was fun IMO. its a shame i didnt have the availability that i do now. It is why I always made sure to come to the big events when needed. Out of all the other clans upon return, none of them really made much sense

2 hours ago, poopkid said:

offtopic: wow vindictus looks sick

ontopic: whats it like to be a production planner if u had to explain it to my gran

Being a planner is unnecessarily stressful. planners are typically the throttle of any business, however typically do not have control over individual employees. so the entirety of your success is in the hands of other people executing, so it involves a ton of following up and chasing people down to get things done

2 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

Most memorable moment from our time in DF together? 😜

we can keep that a secret 😉 

Edited by J2swift
  • Thanks 1

PSkn5nd.gif

How would you rate your favorite RSD leader bles vs @True 2k8?

How would you rate the RSD community vs Tempest community?

If you could bring one thing from RSD you did to tempest what would it be?

• Like 1

cFTqljb.png

1TecbFa.png

061Hnpx.png

chcyzKa.gif

1 hour ago, Vanuckle said:

What did you think of RSD leadership structure?

Who were your main rivals to call against in your era?

1) I thought it fit the best out of all of the structures I have seen. the main difference seems to be is most structures tend to be like a government pyrimid, 1 main leader, couple co-leader/council type, then support roles. Where as in RSD the mindset was more of, we are a PKing clan, so those who make the decisions related to that were higher up on the chain. so it was more of leader/co leader, council, PKL's then support roles. Yes Bowhunter and Bclay were the main leaders and if worse came to worse what they said is what we went with, but the majority of the day to day was guided by the PKLs

2) DF - True, he was the only one we thought was good

TT -  I loved piling Cuon. Never really saw him as a rival though

VR - Kaochinx, rest were trash

RoT - B289, rest trash

Corr - Trash

all other clans - Trash

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

Thoughts on 2010-2012 DF? 733938460746055700.png?v=1

Trash, until you guys were buddies with Rot, then you were 2x trash

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Can I call you daddy?

Sure, I can add you to my list

1 hour ago, dnd5 said:

How did the drama with Jared and his group start? 

It was basically the same exact shit as the BBU. Racist red necks that got mad when we said shut up. Only person that kept it chill was godsmoke. the rest went full retard

1 hour ago, Kurazita said:

1. What's the one thing you didn't appreciate as a caller in RSD that needed improvements?

2. How losses were dealt with in RSD while everyone was still on TS? 

1) I wish we navigated the clusters a bit better instead of keeping out of it completely. I think the way we do it in Tempest is by far the best. It was always something I wished we did, but we always wanted to stay "crash free"

2) In all honesty, even in our loses heads were held high. Most of our fights were capped at the time, so even if we lost in opts or something like that, it was always close in the KDR. Most loses only fueled the fire to improve the next go around. Everyone was very competitive.

• heart 1

PSkn5nd.gif

57 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

1)As Dynasty pretends to be affiliated with RSD and Bles claims to be someone he's not, going as far as impersonating other officials or "having them" in his clan when they aren't there, and trying to scam legit ex-rsd members, how embarrassing do you find it is that he tries to associate with real RSD?

2)I think some time ago Virgo mentioned to me when he was in THE clan, there was some doxing going on targeted at them from NBK. Not sure if this was during your time, but do you remember anything about this?

3)What do you think of the following clans in their current state?

AF

Rev

RoT

PD

CL

VR

DR

DF

3a)And if you could take one person member/official/w/e from each of the above clans, who and why? Who do you think would fit in best here?

4)What do you think of these clans that are no longer around?

TT

EH

DI

Downfall

Envy

5)Thoughts on pure/zerk clans?

6)Why was your time in Di basically non existent/only worth of one sentence? Why did you decide to leave?

7)It sounds like you were good friends with both True (obviously) and Murray during your DF tenure. Since Tempest has opened putting you here with True, and the two of them let's say... not being close anymore... would you say you're still on good terms with Murray?

8)What do you think of the use of cheat clients/plugins in warring?

1) Not really embarrassing. Its always nice to be idolized even if the guy is retarded

2) Doxing at that time was always undercover. I was just a little guy on that totem pole so dont really know if any of it was true. I do know the guys there, they were all pretty chill, so if any of it was true id imagine it was some level of retaliation 

3)AF - Pretty unstable in F2P but have always been strong in their roots if p2p. glad to see them keeping things up

Rev - no opinion really. 

RoT - I think all of their bs is finally catching up to them. I doubt they'll ever die, but will go through quite a rebuilding phase

PD - Solid group that just wanna have fun

CL - morons

VR - morons

DR - morons

DF - glad they found their niche in the gmt p2p scene. For a while there was a back and forth of where they "fit". seems like they have found it

4)TT - Was always one of our toughest and most respected opponents.

EH - RSD had a lot of EH influence in it. it kept things interesting with their take of things. solid all around

DI - nothing brought out the toxicity in RSD like mentioning DI haha. I always like di though, no issues there

Downfall - The early iteration of Downfall seemed kind of trash. But it is nice to see that they were able to find footing for the time they were around

Envy - Solid mid size group

5) pures made more sense than zerks IMO. zerks seemed like lazy pkers who would get made when they got wiped by pures and main clans

6)It was a split decision. I had one group of friends telling me to join Di, and another group telling me to join RSD. I think I went to 1 event as an intro against TT, didnt get a feel for the initial vibe so ended up leaving for RSD.

7) I would say im on good terms with Murray. When I left DF it was on good terms. so I do not think there would be much hard feelings with me being in tempest.

8 ) They've been around for so long, and some of the tech is kind of nuts. Its a shame that clans and teams basically forced others to go in this direction. I'm glad we are able use existing tools and work on performance to stay ahead of those who abuse the tech.

• Like 1

PSkn5nd.gif

J2swiftttttt

1) What was your favourite war/memory from RSD? 

2) What was RSD's toughest war?

3) In your opinion, what was RSD's most successful year (or time span)?

• Like 1