I am Dickus - AMA

Dickus

3 hours ago, Clark Kent said:

Favorite Superhero?

What is your favorite quality about True 2k8?

Thoughts on the Covid Pandemic?

Do you like Pineapple on Pizza?

I'll be lame and say Batman. I really like Dr. Strange as well.

He's a charismatic guy who can sell you on a vision.

Generally speaking a nightmare scenario, although it hasn't had much of a tangible effect on my personal life outside of the standard quarantine.

Pineapple on pizza really isn't that bad, but I like to dog on people who proudly voice their support for it.

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Did you think I was a douche

I thought you were a dickhead when you and Lovelost would get together in a TS channel together, but that's about it. Any other resentment would've been solely attributed to you being DF.

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Kim said:

favorite toppings on pizza?

I tend to go heavy on the meats. Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, etc. I can definitely appreciate a lighter pizza, but my go-to is just a greasy pile of meat and cheese.

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, dnd5 said:

Thoughts on TT callers 

Cravez - Beast all-around nothing bad to say about his style

Plav - Could get a lil emo at times but was an absolute workhorse and probably the most technically sound of them all

Cuon - Cheesey as hell but it worked for a while I guess

Jayzy - Top lad can only imagine how much better he'd be with two lungs

Brad/Neo/D0nts - washed by the time I joined

Lovelost - a ball of angry emo energy, potent in small doses but super annoying over an extended period

Milad - Lovelost's energy with Cuon's cheese, he made it his own style and it worked

Rembo - I was a fan

Kjdogg/Scuzzedout - a fun change of pace

Tag/Bloodz/Silver1 - felt comfortable having them back me up, capable fellas

I'm sure I'm missing some but the rest were probably washed or were lieutenants/captains for short periods

• heart 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Top 5 pet peeves in regards to clan members

Top 5 pet peeves in regards to leadership

Most overrated caller ever?

same pet peeves across the board: being retarded, being emotional, isolating themselves from the community, etc.

Hecticdan for sure. The way he got talked about and how quickly RSD moved him into their lineup... sheeesh.

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Ace said:

How did you feel about what Downfall did to Ronin?

How did you come up with the name Dickus?

Obviously I didn't like getting my internet connection fried pretty much every day. Didn't like having leaks about my irl, but that's how it be. Don't care about anything that happened in-game.

Dickus was a name "given" to me by Bishinmo. My display name at the time was Semper Decus and I was fucking off doing something away from the pile during a fight. Bish called me out and called me (Semper) Dickus. Just stuck.

Edited by Dickus

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Homedawg said:

Was your name chosen by some chief Indian watching King of the Hill or did you pick it?

The name was given to me by Bishinmo, so just some Serbian on a student visa watching King of the Hill.

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Why the name "Dickus"?

How did they manage to get you here after 3ish years out of clanning?

When Brian closed Di the first time, did you think you'd ever see it reopen?

After TT closed, did you think that was the end of your time playing / clanning? 

See above

I already had the account trained up (mostly lol) and had gotten back into the groove a bit due to the pandemic. I wouldn't have reached out to join just any clan at that point. Tempest was a unique opportunity, I knew I could at least get a nostalgia rush while chimping out with Wee Man.

No. Brian was convincing when he said he was done and the memberbase went in a million different directions. Would've been incredibly difficult to try and piece the clan/community back together. I think I still wanted it to reopen, but it just wasn't feasible without something MAJOR happening (OSRS launch, something nobody could have seen coming).

Yes and no. I still wanted to play/clan, but there wasn't much happening in EoC and the early days of OSRS. Everyone was too busy starting from scratch, there weren't any F2P servers, etc. etc. I just didn't have the time to devote to building from scratch. The only reason I gave OSRS another shot in 2014 was because of the release of NMZ that prior fall. My account is a total NMZ prod.

• Like 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on @MILAD and @Wee Man and the roles they played in TT / Ronin ? 

Milad played a big role in TT's ability to stay in the top 3 for a long period of time. We were regularly duking it out with RSD in week preps and we wouldn't have been able to compete if we didn't have a deep enough calling roster. We already sacrificed advantages when fighting RSD (numbers, levels) so we had to counter those advantages in other areas. My opinion on him soured big time when he got himself kicked only to become a rank in Genesis. Water under the bridge and all that.

Wee Man was the key piece when it came to Ronin. I can't imagine Ronin going anywhere if he weren't there on the technical side of things, let alone if he weren't there to unite the spastics.

• Like 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

do you see any similarities from TT in Tempest? If so, what are they?

the age of the members lol

• Haha 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Why didn't you rejoin DI after TT closed? 

By the time I got active again after TT closed, OSRS had been out for a year and I was like level 86 with literally nothing in my bank after getting hacked. Another year goes by before I'm proper active and at that point I'm about 105 combat. My first clan fight on OSRS was Ronin vs Damage Inc in a CWA, and every single player in my right click was the darkest red possible.  Just couldn't make the cut tbf. Probably would've joined DI alongside Sulman/Nar/Lassuri/Rokkari/etc. but think it wasn't much later you fucked off and I had absolutely zero interest in Olde Nite DI.

Also there were some proper dickheads in OSRS DI that weren't in RS2 DI that pissed me off. D156 most notably.

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

3 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What do you think of these clans currently?

Tempest

DF

RoT

AF

Rev

PD
CL
VR

DF - dno who all is really there these days, think they're a half decent p2p scrap but not my favorites to fight

RoT - disgusting

AF - solid fights in both servers, have no quarrel with the AF I've seen w/ Tempest

Rev - solid fights, think they're kinda edgelords but who cares let em live

PD - respect on the constant fights, maul unit annoying tho

CL - hardly can tell they're around, but solid fights when we do scrap can't hate on em

VR - clowns

• Like 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend