I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

I've been around so long that it feels like most people know a bit about me already but here's a brief bit about me and a brief clan history:

In real life I'm in my early/mid 30s from Ireland. I work as a software developer. I'm not much of a gamer these days anymore. The things that I enjoy most are drinking, watching sports and films. I'm a pretty big films guy and especially like old films.

Damage Incorporated (2004-2009)

Member, General, Officer, Leader

Prior to the release of RS2 I had only experienced a low level of clanning. I was in TDS when they were going to join the Alliance but Yamataka messed that up and and the clan pretty much died. After that for much of the rest of 2003 I was just in a community clan called Wolves (I think?). It was at this time I was really getting into pking. PKing on RS1 without friends/clan was viable.

When RS2 launched everyone's items and stats were transferred to RS2, but you had the option to transfer your items back to RS1. I took that option and for all intents and purposes I planned on sticking with RS1, because it was just such a different game and I had little or no interest in RS2. Very quickly though it became clear Jagex were going to abandon RS1 and do nothing about bots etc. One night while PKing I got auto caught to death and without even thinking about it I transferred all my shit back to RS2.

Quickly it became evident that solo PKing was no longer going to be viable on RS2. My options were either DI or RSD. These clans were the complete opposite of each other. RSD was the "good" and DI was the "evil" at the time. I choose DI and as the rest is as they say history.

I could write chapters and chapters about my first run in DI, but that'll probably preempt a lot of questions. So I guess I'll keep it brief. For almost two years from mid 2004 to mid 2006 DI was absolutely untouchable. We went nearly two years unbeaten on all fronts. We fought anyone and never backed down from a fight. DI was absolutely untouchable in that period and no clan ever came close to achieving what we did since.

Runescape Dynasty (2010-2011)

After some time away from the game (approx a year) I was curious to see what was going on in the clan world. There was a few former DI here and I decided to give it a go. This only lasted about three months for a few reasons. The main reason being that the game was just so aids to play at the time.

Later I made a second attempt but they introduced some sort of DG item requirement which would have basically forced me to play the game outside of events and I knew straight away I was cooked, so asked to be removed before making it beyond Applicant.

Damage Incorporated (2013-2017)

Leader

With OSRS being launched a lot of people asked me if I was going to do it all again. Truthfully, I wasn't really interested at first, but so many people were counting on me to do it and relive the old days. So I did it for the people, not myself.

Things started out pretty well, but after the first few months, all the people who came back for a hit of nostalgia had quit the game. This effectively meant we had to do an entire rebuilding job from the ground up while other clans who had people who had been playing all along (either due to their clans closing really soon before OSRS or not closing at all) had a big advantage over us. We did what had to be done and achieved some success in the end. The thing was though all of this took a massive toll on me, the amount of hours and work that we had to put into micromanaging every little detail.

I'm sure people will have questions about how it ended and my departure from the game so I'll leave that open for the AMA.

Tempest (2020-)

Member, Privileged, Marshal, Officer

Besides a brief few weeks in RNG in summer 2018 I was completely gone from RS, I had no contact with anyone or anything RS related. I cut all ties and this was by choice. As far as I was concerned I was gone and never coming back.

One day out of the blue sometime in early 2020 True added me on discord. This was all prior to COVID etc. When the lock down hit I started playing RS again briefly for about a month, just for something to do. But as far as I was concerned, the clan world didn't even exist anymore or I wasn't aware of anyone still playing.

Around July 2020 True messaged me asking me if I had any interest in joining a clan and my answer was a clear no. He asked a few more times and got people to message me, but it was still a no for me. One day he asked me to join the discord and stupidly enough I did only to find myself being made member. At that stage I didn't even log in RS but here I was a member of a clan.

My interest in RS as a game has been quite low since the mid 2000s and always will be, but to me clanning is like getting hooked on drugs. Once I get involved it's very hard for me to not give it 100%. It's just the way I am with things, either all or nothing.

So here I am a year later, ask me anything.

• Like 2
  • hash 1
  • heart 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

mate fuk off youve already done one of these

• hash 1

[13:09] <+Jubita> i just don't care where he is from, idc if he has family issues or was born with mental problems. It's his problem not ours.

giphy.gif

IaUmpCU.png

@Brianwhen rs2 came out my account was temporarily banned due to owing like 19 cents for membership. Due to this I was level 92 in rs2 but stat wiped in rs classic lol

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Alternate universe - What you think would we have seen in clan world, if you had chosen Runescape Dinasty instead of DI?  Would they have been the powerhouse we all remember DI by or would we have never seen that long one clan dominance? 

Ds vs DI rivalry, how afraid you were of DS by the absolute height of them? Would you actually try to avoid them or think of anything to prevent their AEST dominance to bring those wins? 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

5. While I've already shared a lot of stories, I've probably forgotten more than I've shared. Back in the day we did a lot of crazy shit. Like the time Ekaggen (and Bronxie) broke into a building and "recovered" then server DI forums were running on after the hosting company went bust.

From your previous AMA ^^^^ -- Wtf? Story plz 😮 

aUBwTQ1.png

Heard a rumor one time that it was a rule to not pray overheads in 1v1 at say... Mage bank for example. Was this actually a rule at one point in DI?

What is your favorite beer?

Have you traveled much in real life? 

What is your proudest moment in both RL and RS?

rdFTH2V.png

Q2HE8JW.gifAdkNBbg.png

Really glad to have met and worked with you so far. I only wish it would of been sooner!

what’s your opinion on the current RS clan scene?

It seems that some clans/teams are slowly dying out. Do you see them regaining any steam in the future?

Is there anything you wish you would of done during your time leading DI that we do in Tempest?

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png