I am Geezerpunk AMA

Geezerpunk

Thoughts on OSRS? Also what other games do you play and what sports do you follow (& teams you support if any)

E: As last question answered, thoughts on gronk/brady partnering for buccs? 

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

5 minutes ago, Diglett said:

What is your favorite Black Sabbath song?

I am more of a hip hop / rap fan, I'm sure I've heard Sabbath songs but off the top of my head I couldn't tell you what their names are.

2 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Thoughts on OSRS? Also what other games do you play and what sports do you follow (& teams you support if any)

I think OSRS was a great game, I think now Jagex has produced and pushed too many updates catering to the "solo player" mentality that Runescape has lost it's "MMO" aspect of things. 

I play League of Legends, Warzone, ESO and I have pre-ordered / looking forward to playing the new Avengers game. 

I support all Tampa teams very heavily (Tampa Bucs, Rays and Lightning)

Aside from the state of the game itself what were the main differences between AG1 and AG2?

Is there anything you think OSRS DI should have done differently?

Also a long shot but you have any idea what Stuart C1 is up to these days?

giphy.gif

UCRfdoD.png

tX2cpQ2.png

spacer.pngspacer.png70b696a3da.gifspacer.pngspacer.png

HwzhImT.gif

2 hours ago, Vanzant said:

What was the turning point for you that led to leaving di and opening ag

I didn't actually "leave" DI, I was permanently banned for RWT and DI's rules at the time were very strict about having to own your own account. Brian was willing to make an exception for me because a friend and fellow DI member had an extra account he gave to me (Nosferatozod) and all was well until I teleported on video from someone and that was also against our rules at the time. Brian was again willing to make an exception (I think he liked me) and said to just wait 30 days and I could re-intro to DI. During that 30 day period a lot of my other friends from DI had left and we all started Pking on our own, we teamed with a then infant AG (much smaller) to combine our numbers and fight some bigger teams while I was on my "suspension" from PKing with DI and ultimately ended up souring the relationship with DI and joining AG as a result. 

I opened AG2, I was simply a member and eventually head warlord for AG1. 

Edited by Geezerpunk

16 minutes ago, Scleritis said:

Aside from the state of the game itself what were the main differences between AG1 and AG2?

Is there anything you think OSRS DI should have done differently?

Also a long shot but you have any idea what Stuart C1 is up to these days?

The community - AG1 was a community unlike any other, we weren't "structured" like most clans, we had our ranks and officials but really AG1 consisted of 2 major groups of people that didn't really like one another that well. There was a big power struggtle between Itchey and 100fightmage as they were both the "figure heads" for their individual group of friends. That is quite a longer story that isn't relevant to the question at hand!  AG1 was massively unorganized chaos but we made it work the best way to describe the feeling of AG1 was like we were just out Pking as a group of friends 24/7, never worried about anything. Clans would team up and hit us and we just didn't give a fuck, we had the quality, #'s and could do anything we wanted within the confines of the game to win (DDosing wasn't a thing then). 

AG2 was a lot of fun in it's own right but I was now the "leader" and as a leader I had to make shitty decisions and was responsible for diplomacy, promotions etc... all shit I never really was a big fan of. I liked leading in game, not dealing with all the other shit.  75% of the original playerbase for Ag1 didn't come back either so it consisted of a lot of other people. Some of the ranked officials in AG2 might surprise you to who they are now today actually, Metalic Mage, Duvasio and Brian289 all got their first experience leading while in AG2.

Edited by Geezerpunk

2 hours ago, Geezerpunk said:

I think OSRS was a great game, I think now Jagex has produced and pushed too many updates catering to the "solo player" mentality that Runescape has lost it's "MMO" aspect of things. 

Eh, to this I say "always was catered to a solo player". Was the best thing about RS imo you could do both and the only reason we had a commitment to play was clanning; this was a unique mmo (even after the browser days) and could be picked up and put down anytime with by far the best mmo economy ive ever had; plus they have the mobile market to think about when doing updates too. But ye, you're supposed to be able to do shit on your own.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

How much? ?

$17,000 over the span of 3 and a half months. Profash made significantly more (he also got a cut of everything I and the 3rd individual got). GP was still going for roughly $1 a mil at a the time and we wouldn't DDoS anyone for under 1 bil as to not scare off people / potentially give away what we were doing. I actually lost 1 incredibly big stake (almost 3 bil) to someone who knew what we were doing and had someone else logged into the RSN so we ddosed the wrong person and the way we did it we'd lose 2 hits to start the stake so if they didn't actually DC we were kind of fucked 

Was in DF with you in my last stint, I remember you trying to bring a P2P element to DF back then.

What is your favorite Pking Era? (BH era/Original Wilderness/26k or 76k'ing era/CWA, etc)

On 8/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, True 2k8 said:

I'm not actually a crazy person ?.