Life Recap

poopkid

now that world events are shifting away from the pandemic (except a few regions), i think it would be cool to think about how life changed the past two years for our personal lives! three years ago, we probably had different ideas for where we'd be now and would be cool to compare what life decisions happened along the way

for me: i became more degenerate and hired 30 e-girls to plant seeds for certain people's futures and started playing runescape and w/e games more often. definitely thought i would have gotten a bigger penis or something instead but guess we will never find out

• Like 5
  • bank 1

drake.png.9610b4e05b74e757fb0e274545cd5603.png

in my line of work, it was tough to begin with when the pandemic just hit. Luckily, prior to the pandemic, we had good cash flow on several businesses which helped us throughout. Now, work is better than ever, expansions left and right as well as investing in real estate in the country and abroad. 

I think the best thing that has happened to me personally is to learn to accept what I cannot control and just let things happen. Also, gym is now an essential part of my daily life. I'd also like to say that a big reason leading up to that kind of lifestyle is thanks to the pandemic, as bad as it sounds. 

I guess there are various things that were added to my life, both work wise and personal. Man plans and God laughs, as they say. It never really turns out the way you plan anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

Think for most of us it can be summed up with "shit, didn't think I've log on to runescape for even a minute by 2022."

Honestly, I'm a bit shocked at the amount of people settling down. Prior to the pandemic it really looked like I would've been one of the first of my irl friends around my age to throw in the towel but that didn't happen. And now I'm surprisingly jaded towards people in general and somewhat addicted to being able to do as I please without having to consult anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

I started working in my field right before the pandemic. I've grown a lot in that so much so that I'm training the new engineers in our team. More importantly, to me, I've grown emotionally and mentally. For 20 years I've harboured feelings of depression, anxiety and many more negative emotions and I was emotionally completely detached from my body and mind. I've worn a mask for so long... But now for the first time in my life I feel like I am where I am supposed to be, or at least finally moving towards it. I can feel and breathe again. I am doing what I like to do and experimenting with things that I might like to do. 

I don't know if any of that is due to or because of the pandemic or if it's just me really growing up. Either way the pandemic and the last 2 years, while I wouldn't have minded more freedom has been good to me.

• Like 1
  • heart 4

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

I thoroughly enjoy being permanent wfh... That is by far the largest change to my life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

SG9UgzJ.gif

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png

Things were starting to look up already last year – and then in the span of 6 months, snapped a finger, was diagnosed with a tumor, got a chronic hearing issue, had a close friend ghost me, and went to living alone after 3+ years of cohabiting. Was difficult already with all of that during a pandemic, and now there's a brutal war where civilians are systematically targeted, and the threat of it spreading here.

Friends and family have been invaluable in this time. Dunno where I'd be if not for them.

• Sad 1
  • heart 3

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

For the most part same old same old. Continued to move forward during the pandemic, grabbed more overtime. Got married,  moved into a nicer home. Since we have a heavy worker shortage my work will be paying my schooling to drive their trucks so I'm working on that.

With all the backlog itll probably take 6 months but a very good opportunity 👌 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • bank 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I actually managed to get back into shape during the pandemic, after having a shoulder / ankle injury that stopped me from lifting and playing soccer respectively. Feel as good as I have in years physically, which is such a nice change from just limping around complaining lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • heart 2

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

Had a pretty shit start to pandemic tbh, went ~2k in debt because I was abroad when it started (6-7 paid flights cancelled without refund), was honestly hell

1st-2nd year uni was really hard for me as well to adjust online and all the other shenanigans included with sitting at home for 6+ months unable to go out outside of walking my dog

But I think thanks to this I became a much more social person, before COVID I was really unsociable lol, so I guess it did help me in a way

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • heart 1
  • yikes 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

not too much changed for me, if anything the lockdown and sudden realization that u cant take ur freedoms for granted confirmed for me that the way i had been living my life pre covid was the ideal way: travel as much as possible and focus on myself

• Like 2

Discord_HETwQJ1v4w.png.f36b96e3805b96e1af7b65a9cf2d7834.png

image.png.8123a2549fedaeb3ec2e979f2d401964.png

bc69bb0703.png

ROT MotM April 2011

ROT Official 2011-2016

I spent the first ~3 months of the pandemic completely alone because my roommate had gone home to his family and the city was in complete lock down. I had to learn how to be comfortable being alone and while uncomfortable, it was ultimately really good for me. I also got back into RS/clanning. Since then, I've taken on a much larger role in my job, looked at switching jobs, run a marathon, traveled, and honestly tried as much as possible to return to normal life. The foreseeable future only looks positive, so I'm excited for whatever comes next.

• Like 2

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Hope everyone is doing well, I got my bachelors recently with whole remote online classes was definitely a whole new experience. With the previous lockdown and social distancing I started hiking and working out more and changed up my diet. I think it's safe to say that life would never be the same. Personally for me, I felt like the pandemic was a wake up call for everyone. A reset for everybody perhaps, to take their time to find themselves again in life or whatever stage you're at. I spent quite some time pvming and skilling in the pandemic while watching old clanwar vids like, DI etc.. Then one day one of Tempest clanwar video popped up on my recommended and I'm glad this happened. So here I am~ 

• Like 3

spacer.png
RIVxF9m.gif
Demonic Empire | Tempest 

Spoiler

image.png