What Was the Best Year of RS2 Clanning?

Vanuckle

Pick  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted 2006 because I thought it was a time period of rapid change/innovation in the clan world.  In early-mid 2006, a lot of the more dominant clans transitioned from ~2-4 hour PKRIs to the longer format seen in subsequent years.  There were several clans that saw considerable growth by the end of 2006 that promoted competition that wasn't present early in the year (DI and DS were clearly the top dogs in 2005/early 2006, with Corr being a clear #3).

Prior to 2006, I felt like the transition into early RS2 was a weird time where there were large battles, but the clan world was trying to figure itself out.

I enjoyed the period between 2007 and 2009 - and it sounds like I may have missed some good years after that as I quit the game.  I think the beauty of the period between late 2006 and 2009 was that there wasn't a clear #1.  All of the top ~7ish clans had their period where they potentially claimed that spot for a few weeks-months, but no one was surprised at the time to see the "#1" lose a fight to any of the other top clans.  The competition was really healthy for the clan world.

Edited by 3lite
  • Like 2

7R85FSe.png

2006 was definitely the peak activity wise, but quality of fights and strict competition  for sure started kicking in around 2007. I feel like a lot of people are hesitant to say 2007 since the end of the year was plagued with changes like unbalanced trading, Wilderness removal and the Bounty Hunter Crater replacements, but fight quality was by far the best it had ever been for P2P from the start of 2007, continuing well into 2008.

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

4 hours ago, 3lite said:

Prior to 2006, I felt like the transition into early RS2 was a weird time where there were large battles, but the clan world was trying to figure itself out.

I'd agree with this that clanning was somewhat "unorganised" prior to 2006 but in a sense that was also a lot more fun because of the "unknown" type feeling. Much like everyone enjoyed the start of OSRS. Everything was "new". It was like the wild west.

• Like 3

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

2005-06 was probably the most fun I've ever had on RS... had just started becoming apart of the clan world and the number of competitive mid-sized clans provided a nice variety of fights.  Also had a pretty good time training and playing the game at the time outside of clanning responsibilities too.

Edit: I'd probably have to do some research to verify my timeline but it was somewhere 04-06.

Edited by bomb

TbAn2mL.png

Probably 2009'ish from my biased GMT perspective, when there were massive wars between country clans (Fools, LDK, NG, Dutchies, etc.) and stuff. Kinda sad for having started in late 2010 and missing some of the best times, but then maybe I would have quit in disappointment at the more lukewarm times afterward instead of becoming their standardbearer.

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

probably 2010/2011 in terms of my personal activity combined with the state of the clan world

definitely some nostalgia since that was really when my 141 friends and i were getting into more serious clanning while still being involved in the more relaxed 141 / cwa teams scene

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png