What do you think about homeschooling ?

Markito.

I guess a good point, a lot of parents no time to teach the kids and many people dont like it, the argument is : it is not social.

From my point of view, there are a lot of place to know people in the park, neighborhood, mall. Besides it, the most of school time just listening the teacher, so boring and passive study.

I prefer homeschooling for many things, I can choose what my son will study, how will study, when will study and won't be limited for a book or an specific teacher. Other points, some teachers use the profession for use power or manipulate some kind of religion or attact for something.

Another point too, about productivity studying just 1-2 hours per house at home, save time to go school and more time for others things.

A lot of manys things until 10 years old, probably dont will use a lot subjectis like geography,biology,art,religion, etc...

In my opinion, a good basic firstly > native language + math +  physical exercise + musical instrument+ some game, for example, chess

Nativa language it means not just grammar, but read books according to age, because a lot of schools focus too much on grammar and people dont able to extract information from a book, for example.

After like 10+ years old, if want to study something specific I will help but at least  I will give a good basic native language + math, they are tools for majority of profession in rule, but nobody know can be a dancer or singer, many options, but I guess important.

Edited by Markito.

Homeschooling has it's own issues, as long as the parents are aware of this and try to account for / make up for what the kid will be missing out by homeschooling then you can try to keep it from becoming too problematic, obviously this depends on the parents as well but schooling has plenty of issues depending on where you live, the type of school, etc. as well. 

Neither are perfect, both have their problems, personally glad I wasn't homeschooled and probably wouldn't want to homeschool my kids. Had a friend who was homeschooled until high school, he was a bit odd but there's no telling how much of that is strictly due to the homeschooling and he was a good guy regardless.

One thing to note is if the child is homeschooled there's really little to no separation from 'school life' and 'home life' however which could be a bad thing as well. 

Here in the US if someone wants to homeschool their child they still have to adhere to a pretty strict curriculum not too different from what schools offer so I don't think it offers as much freedom with education as you're suggesting (or at least I think that's what you're saying? not 100% sure lol) 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 minute ago, Adam_ said:

Homeschooling has it's own issues, as long as the parents are aware of this and try to account for / make up for what the kid will be missing out by homeschooling then you can try to keep it from becoming too problematic, obviously this depends on the parents as well but schooling has plenty of issues depending on where you live, the type of school, etc. as well. 

Neither are perfect, both have their problems, personally glad I wasn't homeschooled and probably wouldn't want to homeschool my kids. Had a friend who was homeschooled until high school, he was a bit odd but there's no telling how much of that is strictly due to the homeschooling and he was a good guy regardless.

One thing to note is if the child is homeschooled there's really little to no separation from 'school life' and 'home life' however which could be a bad thing as well. 

Here in the US if someone wants to homeschool their child they still have to adhere to a pretty strict curriculum not too different from what schools offer so I don't think it offers as much freedom with education as you're suggesting (or at least I think that's what you're saying? not 100% sure lol) 

Countries love put the finger to choose subjects, in the future use it to the kid has a fuction for '' society ''

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Not a good idea since school is about a lot more than education. Social aspect of it is huge.

There are a lot of places more social than a school. Besides it, a lot of friends from school are fake friends or just to contact you for some specific interest or when you are studying with them, the majority after you finish, for example, a high school never more to talk to you.

A lot of people are interesting people, for example, probably in your clan have some people will talk to you just because you are in the same clan, not because is your '' friend ''.

School is conditioning for the workplace, a lot of stuff you learn is completely useless for a lot of people in day to day life. Its also a propaganda factory. There's nothing practical for the everyday working person, all it teaches you is your time is not yours.

A lot of people say the social aspect is important for a childs development, I would disagree. Coup up a bunch of children who would rather be somewhere else doing their own thing you create a prison mentality. Kids are forced to be assholes due to the competitive nature instilled at a young age and the social aspect of school is what makes it worse. Kids need to be stimulted socially with intrests like football or even dnd groups whatever they are into. Leasure groups just arent as much of a thing anymore here at least.

You are also forced to make life changing decisions before you can legally drink a beer.

I'm not even going to start on the class issues with education.

Finland leading the way on recognising the issues with the typical scooling system.

"We believe children under seven are not ready to start school,” says Tiina Marjoniemi, the head of the centre. “They need time to play and be physically active. It’s a time for creativity.”"

https://amp.theguardian.com/education/2016/sep/20/grammar-schools-play-europe-top-education-system-finland-daycare

6TprdTh.gif

Spoiler

zEOoY9P.png

8083fbc5493675624850a99d2545870f.pngthe-rock-steve-austin-stare-down.jpg

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Not a good idea since school is about a lot more than education. Social aspect of it is huge.

2 hours ago, Pietru said:

You're losing out so much on the social part of things with homeschooling, hate the idea

I met a few Yank National Guardsmen who do it, but they do "pods". It's not the oldschool idea of parents teaching their own kids and producing some socially awkward werido. It's groups of parents hiring private tutors and following a set curriculum; the kids get the social aspect of mixing with other kids, get the benefit of smaller teacher-to-student ratio, and probably most importantly, the parents get to vet the teachers and make sure they're not a nutbag with an Ingsoc tattoo and a flag of Chairman Mao in the classroom

NO0BvSV.png

Edited by Hatebreeder
  • Haha 1

The only situation I'd see it as useful is if you're in a country with terrible public schooling – but a private school would still probs be better.

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

I knew 3 girls that were homeschooled and they grew up attention seeking ,racist, Terffs. That's my only expirence of it so not a good one.

Guess if its done properly 

6TprdTh.gif

Spoiler

zEOoY9P.png

8083fbc5493675624850a99d2545870f.pngthe-rock-steve-austin-stare-down.jpg