I am True_2k8 -- Ask Me Anything

True 2k8

was zero fear1's video about him calling and his dad coming in real or staged?

if you were to redo your irl path, how would you optimize it?

would you still have joined df if xmas bandit didnt hang around cr as much?

why was i given the name poopkid?

drake.png.9610b4e05b74e757fb0e274545cd5603.png

1 hour ago, Hax said:

Have you ever scammed anyone?
What is your biggest fear?

What is your proudest moments in RS and real life?

If is your biggest regret regarding runescape? What have you done differently?

Yes, on RS. I couldn't tell you when, I was much younger.

My biggest fear is failure.

My proudest moment on RS was leading DF to #1 and when I felt like I was once of the best PVP F2P callers (both in 2012), since those are things I wanted so badly when I was like 15 years old lol. DF was the clan I followed around all excited when I was a noob and the moment of having the maxed opts fall in spamming Return of the Kings was corny, but much more fulfilling than I let people know.

My biggest regret was neglecting my education, I would have taken it more serious and delegated of the busy work duties that I insisted that I personally do since I was crazy and thought everyone else would screw it up. Things got better when Rene came along because he's big-brained and detailed-orientated but yeah I fucked myself. 

A lot of me wishes I had joined a clan that wasn't DF as well.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

Do you like Naruto?

Twitch ► https://www.twitch.tv/Thesavageraven

Twitter ►  https://twitter.com/TheSavageRaven

Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/Thesavageraven

The Insta ► https://www.instagram.com/osrs_thesavageraven/

Playstation I.D ► Guthrie_Sniper

Steam Username ► ravensarrow

Battle I.d ► sRaven#11371

@Vanzant is my #1 Fan.

The hottest rapper of 2020. ?

opmg.PNG

12 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

How did you end up involved in the esports scene?

I loved the competitiveness of esports from day one of watching LCS and always wanted to get into it. I was a part of my college paper when I wanted to become a sports writer and used those skills/experiences to get a volunteer job at GosuGamers via cold email. Some of my early articles are on there and they're pretty crap, but it was a "way in" and I've basically networked and grinded my way into anything else that came my way.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, Dr3ambash3r said:

So give me the AMA about what exactly happened with the DF overthrow all I really know is Danny and a Tbow was involved what happened to that?

Some facts that people should know

- I was not overthrown or kicked, I could have remained in DF if I chose to be, but I felt like removing myself from the equation was better for myself and DF. 

- Yes, there was preliminary conversations from a high-ranking official about removing me as Leader. It mostly went nowhere and I was at the point of wanting to step down anyway. This WAS the determining factor of me leaving though. If you put your life and soul into something with someone for 8 years I feel like you come to the person's face with concerns about leadership/Tbow thing. During my last 5~ months as Leader I was basically a piece of shit engagement wise, I will admit that, but just one thing was said to me from the person attempting to orchestrate the goofy ousting. 

- ROT had nothing to do with my departure (Not many think this, but I get asked it from time to time).

The Tbow thing...

- I did not scam or hack someone for a Twisted Bow, but yes there was a conspiracy that I was the one to do it.. perpetuated by DF official that basically spoke to it as fact.. including the quote "Who else would have done it?" in front of large groups of members when I was on an alleged "fake trip" to Los Angeles to attend the NA LCS. I will not divulge some of the details, but basically I feel like the theory was used to divert attention from something else. Most of DF know I didn't take it.. I had access to passwords/accounts that had the same amount of a Tbow of members that would have never suspected.

The whole thing is a bummer, really. I do think in some people's eyes, the ending of DF defines my entire tenure, which I feel like isn't fair. But hey, I'm over it.

If you have anymore specific questions about it, let me know.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

29 minutes ago, Scumpr said:

Why did we never meet irl?

At peak True_2k8, I had no interest in meeting anyone IRL. I would now if I lived in St. Louis and we were semi-close to each other.

I really did text you an hour before I left that bar near you though, I would have stayed longer if you had texted me back before I left.

29 minutes ago, David said:

No as a old guy dating a youngin 

Weird question, but I have no intentions, no.

aUBwTQ1.png

29 minutes ago, Dr3ambash3r said:

Also what was ur thinking after leaving UBH and deciding between Cr and Exo

CR and Exodus were two very different clans.. that went on to be pretty big rivals once Exodus weakened after their EOS/VR mass leaves (looking at you @Josh 221).. pretty cool to see how it all turned out.

With Exodus, it was this hyped clan that I thought would have been a hell of an experience. All these really experienced people all coming together with the opportunity to contribute and build the next top 10 clan... count me in. I was able to build up a lot of credibility, I felt like, within the small clan scene (Even befriending the great @BV1 after catching his spy) and I was very hungry to do more.

At the end of the day, CR was a clan I was VERY familiar with because of the former UBH/PE. Building the "next top 10 clan" with a bunch of experienced people seemed fun, but I saw CR as a blank canvas where I would be allowed more control earlier on. As a young True_2k8 that felt like they knew everything, I wanted that ASAP.

Overall it was the right call, but I think being apart of Spring 2009 Exodus would have been funner than the first few months I had in CR.

aUBwTQ1.png

32 minutes ago, poopkid said:

was zero fear1's video about him calling and his dad coming in real or staged?

if you were to redo your irl path, how would you optimize it?

would you still have joined df if xmas bandit didnt hang around cr as much?

why was i given the name poopkid?

Staged

Took school more seriously or not at all. I was very lucky to be granted a nice inheritance at 18 which I used to stumble through school and lead a clan.. but wish I took my time and maybe used it to start a business or travel the world a bit. School would have been the right option if I knew what the hell I wanted to do at a younger age.

Me joining DF had very little to do with Xmas Bandit. We were friends and such, but I make those decisions on my own.

Because you once connected to DF TS and told me you wanted to eat my poop and disconnected, lol.

aUBwTQ1.png

30 minutes ago, s-Raven said:

Do you like Naruto?

I do not.

2 minutes ago, Bludd said:

Tell us the the inspiration behind the name True 2k8. Can you confirm if the rumor that you were born in 2008 is true (ha)?

My account at the time was Trueislander, but it was recovered by the OG owner. Small clan world called me "True" so I kept it on the new account I trained from 3-100 in a few weeks.

The full RSN was a nod to former UBH Leader and then-current NI "Sadler 2k6"

I was not born in 2008.

aUBwTQ1.png

With 20/20 hindsight, what clan would you wish you had joined instead of DF? (Assuming you don’t pick them*)

What’s your day to day like in the talent organizer line of work? 

image.png.7e4d02dbe21f2ee7188add6d535c8143.png

1 minute ago, Brazz said:

With 20/20 hindsight, what clan would you wish you had joined instead of DF? (Assuming you don’t pick them*)

What’s your day to day like in the talent organizer line of work? 

Despite being a lil spicy, I would have loved to have been in RSD in an alternate timeline. I was quite close friends with Kim from RSD and our regular conversations made RSD sound like a really fun time. I always respected their highest officials as well.

Every single day is different, but they always starts as such:

- Replying to emails, cold emailing companies.

- Checking in with my streamers, making sure they're abiding by whatever campaign deliverables they're contracted.

- Having phone calls with various companies to sell them on my creators.

Also through the week I'm updating decks/spreadsheets, creating proposals, networking with influencers/companies and whatever else comes up.

aUBwTQ1.png