RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

3 hours ago, rs3 expert said:

@Bow

- How seriously did RSD take cwa?

- What was the biggest/most important war that you should've won but choked/lost?

- What are your thoughts on mid-sized clans like Downfall, FSK, TR, etc?

As seriously as we took everything else.  We wanted to win and there was a reason we kept track of wins/losses over time. And always wanted a higher win percentage each month.

I think we could have won every J Cup tournament we entered.  Bummed we didn't.

I've always had an affinity for the mid-size clan world, its what I wanted to be a part of because its easier to have aspirations to improve and grow.  Its a different kind of world than being at the top holding it.  

9 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

@Bow tl;dr of the Bles situation?

Whoever it is went through the old RSD memberlist, found names to impersonate, tried to get RSD to re-open using said names, got caught.  Went into hiding, repeated the same thing with a different RSN.  I'm sure it will happen again, seems inevitable.  

9 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

@Bow did you see a world where you would have taken a promotion in DF while there? Do you think it could have worked?

No, I don't see a world where I would ever be in an active role for any full clan ever again.  

With regard to the 2010 Jagex cup final vs Corruption

https://youtu.be/ClHuo-mcP8Q

Was there any debate around the mass name change? IIRC your semi-final opponent did the same, but there wasn't time to change back before the final. Was there any push back from your members about using this kind of tactic (when you were seen as one of the most honourable clans)?

And yes, I'm still butthurt that we lost that fight ?

• sus 1

2 hours ago, Sardo said:

With regard to the 2010 Jagex cup final vs Corruption

https://youtu.be/ClHuo-mcP8Q

Was there any debate around the mass name change? IIRC your semi-final opponent did the same, but there wasn't time to change back before the final. Was there any push back from your members about using this kind of tactic (when you were seen as one of the most honourable clans)?

And yes, I'm still butthurt that we lost that fight ?

I remember there was quite a bit of debate out it at the time.  I was personally very much against mass name changes as a concept generally and I recall using any influence I had to try to convince Jagex not to allow it, but those efforts were in vain.

As you correctly point out, our opponent did it against us for the semi final.  That left us with the dilemma of whether to do the same in order to negate the advantage that name changes would give them over us, or whether to "suck it up" and let them have that advantage over us.  It was close and marginal call, but we decided to do it because it was within the tournament rules (albeit we didn't agree that was the right decision on the part of those running it) and because it would be unfair on our members if we let our opponents gain an advantage within tournament rules over us.

The majority, but not all members supported it.  Those who were against it accepted it and got on with things.

I'd have personally preferred it if Corruption had done the same for the final, but I guess it was ultimately a decision for their leadership whether or not to do so.  I thought that choosing not to left them with a rather convenient reason/excuse in the event that they lost.  I would have been confident that we would have been able to win the final even if Corruption had changed their names.  As it was, Corruption put up a great fight and who knows what would have happened had they changed their names or had we not changed ours.

==ice==