RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

@rsd What was your most memorable banning/striking moment of a member or members that you had to deal with? 

You guys ran a tight and disciplined ship in RSD, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and truly appreciate the connections I made in that clan. 

11 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

@Bowhow did i make it through rsd without getting striked

You kept your toxicity out of public.  

10 minutes ago, Hat said:

@Bow :HAT: why did you fight to have this not on forums? Why is it caved? Were you happy that it took over RSD forums and the clan world? :HAT:

To All: Best fights each of you been a part in and why? Best rivalry you were apart of?

I don't remember fighting against it.  If anything, I hated the multi colored sheep that people spammed and tried to give me a seizure.  

Best fights, probably have to go between RSD and TT time capped fights.  Best competition we had and only fights that felt like fights and not simply an outlasting attempt.  I only ever called the RSD vs DI of 06/07 a rivalry, everything else fell short of that feeling.   Probably the only clan I despised before realizing no single clan was worth treating differently when it came to being an opponent.  

One clan I've always admired- one of the few clans that NH shit was unheard/unseen of whilst I was around- and always held themselves well in public light.

- Most memorable/favourite fight?

- Longest RSD fight you've been a part of if not the same as above?

- If there's one thing you could've done differently as an official what would it be?

- If you could name 3 of your top non-officials members that come to mind during your eras who would they be?

Edited by Ssj

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

12 minutes ago, Hat said:

To All: Best fights each of you been a part in and why? Best rivalry you were apart of?

For rivalry RSD vs DI, primarily in 2004 but from time to time thereafter.  The 2004 war was a big event and a real spectacle for the clan world at the time, but it was the daily fights at mage bank at the time that helped build the tension.  We had many other rivalries from time to time over the years that followed, but it felt like those rivalries would last for just 2-3 months at a time rather than there being a sustained one that stood out.  The same can be said for fights.  We had loads of great PKRIs, many going on 10+ hours.  It is hard to single out a specific one.  As a string of victories, I think our run during the second half of 2017 was pretty special.  I think we beat everybody, culminating with a 14 hour victory over DF shortly before the removal of the wilderness.  We had some pretty epic battles with VR in ~2009/10 too.  I think 120 RSD beat 180 VR and ended up with over 399 options which was pretty epic.

==ice==

19 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

For all: What were your biggest strengths and weaknesses as leader?

Strengths: Dedication and hours I put toward the clan, both in game and outside (forums).  Discipline and organization.

Weaknesses: Wasn't lenient enough in some cases where I probably should have been.  Could be an ass at times lol.

15 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

@Bow
What makes you think I'm like Icedrop?

@Icedrop

What was your proudest achievement in RSD?

@LivinLarge21

What clan in your era do you consider to be RSD's greatest adversary?

You and Chris have a weird obsession with the most random things imaginable.  But that's where the resemblance ends.  

10 minutes ago, Scleritis said:

@Bow do you regret not holding out for a few months longer to take RSD into OSRS or was it the right time to close?

I don't regret it at all.  It was the right time for everything that was RSD about to be retired, it didn't fit anymore. 

The nostalgia of what that clan world was at the time was over.  I'd say was proven by how few of the core members didn't play old school for years afterwards.  Only in the last couple years have I started seeing names pop back up, especially with the shit show 2020 has been.   No one asked for it back or wanted that kind of commitment, and most happy to have moved on.  Not to say the thought hasn't crossed my mind on how RSD would have stacked up against whatever you want to call this clan world nowadays.  

17 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

@Icedrop

What was your proudest achievement in RSD?

Getting the clan to a point of consistent strength and stability by the time I retired, which was largely achieved through retaining and building a really strong group of officials and core members.  There were numerous achievements along the way, but I think the greatest achievement is the building of the empire and not any one victory or moment.

==ice==

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hat said:

There have been so many! 

RSC days, I would say against MI.  This was fun, because MI consisted of some top RSC PKers at the time.

RSD vs DI 2004 in the new RS2.  This was memorable due to the sheer domination and the fact this was probably my only war that I actually never died in lol.

DI will always be considered RSDs biggest rivalry during my days, we had been fighting each other for years.

14 minutes ago, Rclav said:

@rsd What was your most memorable banning/striking moment of a member or members that you had to deal with? 

You guys ran a tight and disciplined ship in RSD, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and truly appreciate the connections I made in that clan. 

brother

Tempest-CST-Sig.png

@ all

Top 5 PK Leaders you had?

Worst promotions you made? 

@Bow a question specific to you -- XL Frozen (I think he had that Court rank) always flaunted in DF that he was "close" to being promoted to Co-Leader of RSD. How true is this? He mentioned this enough to become basically a meme for a few years and we've always wondered since he seemed a little out there.

aUBwTQ1.png

22 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@ all: Thoughts on Ghjjf? ?

I never really knew Ghjjf too well.  We barely spoke at all.  I would say that I have mixed views.  In some ways, DI shared some similar values to RSD as a clan.  They conducted themselves with a certain degree of respect, certainly more than lots of other clans.  Ghjjf deserves some credit for that.  Ultimately DI were successful so he did a lot of things right.  However, whilst there was honour and respect from DI on the surface (and by extension Ghjjf), peel that away and I think you'd find somebody who would stoop pretty low and go through various nefarious means to put his clan ahead.

==ice==

26 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@ all: Thoughts on Ghjjf? ?

I heard he finally talked to one of your women.  I don't remember exactly what you told me.  

I didn't really care for Brian until he ended up joining RSD.  Still not sure why he did, rather odd.  We had some pretty chill conversations about clans and whatever.  I think most of our conversations though stemmed from him asking about people.  I get why he was beloved as a clan leader from within and despised from the outside even if I disagree with some of the early controversies.  

20 minutes ago, Ammastus said:

What % of the clan we're actually boomers at the time

At most 4% (12?).  Most of them were retired members.  Which was still a really high amount given the average age of the clan world.  

• Confused 1