Jebrim AMA

Jebrim

What is the difference between allocating memory on the heap versus the stack?

What C++11 and C++14 features are you using?

What are templates used for?

Explain the inline keyword

What is little and big endian?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • honk 1

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif

2 hours ago, Jebrim said:

Does anyone have any career-related questions? I very much like talking about 3D graphics programming.

Do you remember Joe from your last job?

• hash 2

Have you had any of your programs used for live action? More overlay kind of things rather than simulator? I work for a manufacture that makes photodiodes and many have military/dod uses. One the user end, some require some extreme programing. James bond kind of stuff. One example is a sensor/IR camera system that attaches to army helmets that shows a complete overlay in their goggles. So at night, they can see EVERYTHING, like distances of objects in direct focus, heat outlines etc

• Like 2
  • sus 1

PSkn5nd.gif

can i politely ask what the fuck is this???

nice to meet you and grats on 1b agility exp. 

i have nothing constructive to add, so good day.

Tempest-CST-Sig2.png

@etheroxx on Twitter for GFX needs 🙂

SG9UgzJ.gif

Thank you for doing this. Big fan.

What are your thoughts on the Ku Klux Klan? If you were extended membership (hypothetically) would you consider joining?

• Haha 1
  • yikes 2

13 minutes ago, Joko189 said:

Thank you for doing this. Big fan.

What are your thoughts on the Ku Klux Klan? If you were extended membership (hypothetically) would you consider joining?

tbh good question 

What is a typical day at work look like for you? Do you work alone or with a team/group on these simulators? What is the primary motivation of these flight simulators (e.g. testing/practice)?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Do you have a manifesto and can you share the key points?

My politics are as simple as just embracing the traditional values that have long dominated the South. Conservatism is not about manifestos. It’s not about some grand intellectual that figures out how to best reorganize society. It’s a complete rejection of that mindset. We embrace human institutions that have survived the test of time. Don’t break what isn’t broken. This is the best place on Earth. People should try to be more like us because our ways simply work better than any others that have ever been tried. Coming up with theories about why they work best is irrelevant and is at best a curiosity. Just accept it all as a package deal on faith alone.