Summer Summit 2024 Initial Impressions

Kody

For those that didn't see it - https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/summer-summit-2024---summary?oldschool=1

• Leagues V

Dope, very excited for this - never have done one yet myself

• Wrathmaw (Wilderness World Boss, Spawns 3 Times Daily - 5 Worlds)

Very encouraging content, even if it's not exactly what everyone hoped for - it's a for-sure way of getting players to enter multi combat areas and promote small/large clan scraps and regular content with high rewards. 

• Client Updates - RS HD + Plugin API + Mobile Updates

Very glad to see these things happening, it's clear that RuneLite will likely be killed off in the future but it seems to be for the better, even if it comes at the sacrifice of some useful plugins.

• Varlamore: Rising Darkness

I like mid-level content, it's important to keep players engaged so they stay interested in the game and I think it's a good move overall to continue fleshing out the area much quicker than they did with Zeah. Herblore content seems like must-do content which is nice

• Varlamore: Final Dawn

Fletching update seems cool and is much needed, new quests seem chill, and the enrage boss could be neat. 

• Game Jam V (CLOG Updates, Bank Deposit Updates, POH Customization, Mini Menu Updates)

Literally all of these things are good and you should be voting yes on them.

• Curse of Arrav

Don't mind it and don't care, but happy for the quester folks

• Branda and Eldric - Royal Titans (Late Mid Game Fire/Ice Giant Boss) 

Cool concept, I like it. They expressed it being an engaging form of content to encourage players to learn item switches and gear switches, seems like a net positive.

-------

That said, very stoked on these and I think all things considered, Jagex has a pretty good idea when it comes to direction and game integrity (I know not always a popular opinion, people love to shit on them) but it feels good and rewarding to be playing a game that has a future that is promising and filled with new content to look forward to.

What'd you think?

Edited by Kody

spacer.png

IBM Thinkpad - IM Wojak - Cloud Rat

Previously The Stricken Cards - License 2 Kill - Infinite Lurers - Reign of Terror

pservers and ironman exceptions for stuff are dumb as fuck, rest ranges from ok to pretty decent so overall not nearly as boring/bad as i thought it'd be tbh. it was nice to see they scrapped some of the dumb shit from the last game jam

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Just now, Adam_ said:

pservers and ironman exceptions for stuff are dumb as fuck, rest ranges from ok to pretty decent so overall not nearly as boring/bad as i thought it'd be tbh. it was nice to see they scrapped some of the dumb shit from the last game jam

Ah yeah forgot about the private servers - it's the only thing I don't like. Retarded to continue to find ways to take people away from the main game and divide the community, while pandering to soy content creators and making Jagex more money. 

Edited by Kody

spacer.png

IBM Thinkpad - IM Wojak - Cloud Rat

Previously The Stricken Cards - License 2 Kill - Infinite Lurers - Reign of Terror

Looking forward to leagues 5. I've played them all and finally got some of the tempest lads to play last time around. Sadly they put me in a blender and all got dragon rank. 

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

Leagues V

Kinda burned on RS right now so hopefully recharged by then

Wrathmaw (Wilderness World Boss, Spawns 3 Times Daily - 5 Worlds)

Zero chance of this passing a poll with the current implementation unfortunately. Not sure they can even go back to the drawing board on it. Probably gotta scrap it completely.

Client Updates - RS HD + Plugin API + Mobile Updates

Hopefully it never gets to the point where they force HD on us. People are forgetting that was the start of what killed RS

Game Jam V (CLOG Updates, Bank Deposit Updates, POH Customization, Mini Menu Updates)

Crazy they even gotta poll some of this stuff. Just add it all.

Private Servers

Money grab. Can't see how this will benefit the main game in any way but not entirely sure it'll harm the main game either just yet. Need more info.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Leagues V

I've never done one. Looks good, hopefully I can get the time for this one.

Overall the boss looks interesting. I think limiting the spawn to 5 worlds will have clans camp the multi spots and give no-one else the chance; vennies will no doubt camp this boss. The tab to teleport anywhere isn't good for PvP because of the time you must wait, however it'll be good for deep PvM/Wilderness slayer.

Never use HD or the OSRS client. I didn't listen to all the video but I hope it's a toggle option.

Game Jam V (CLOG Updates, Bank Deposit Updates, POH Customization, Mini Menu Updates)

This all looks epic. I hope this comes into the game regardless of polls. 

36 minutes ago, lluH said:

Leagues V

I've never done one. Looks good, hopefully I can get the time for this one.

Unless you're competing against other people you can easily get Addy/Rune rank without much time investment over the course of the 6 weeks or w/e it is.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

Leagues V

dont care

Looked good and would probs bring a lot of more action to wildy. Hopefully passes, could need jaggy to rig the poll.

Just dont force us to use hd clients, hate that shit

Just add them all

Private Servers

retarded shit

"Can you please add Chaos Elemental Caves similar to Vetion, Callisto and Venenatis?"
No, but we will make new Wilderness Boss that spawns 5 times a day so teams can have rag fest (adamant/snakeskins/xerics)

Just give us the damn Chaos Elemental cave and peek option for Scorpia

:depressed:

Callisto_cub.png?d6057Kalphite_princess.png?d8722Kalphite_princess_(2nd_form).png?80b36Pet_chaos_elemental.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_rex.png?e2d9bPet_dagannoth_supreme.png?e2d9bPet_general_graardor.png?85699Pet_k'ril_tsutsaroth.png?fe846Pet_kree'arra.png?f3f6aPet_kraken.png?85699Pet_smoke_devil.png?fe846Skotos.png?52875Tangleroot.png?52875

brPYCcA.gif
1095186697551085638.webp?size=44&quality
OTP | Barrow Slayerz | RIP Peck | Beach Bros Unit | Meet GE
🇲🇾

Spoiler

SG9UgzJ.gif

3BOIKPl.png

Walk Here Isndar (level-126) / 3 more options

1095186697551085638.webp?size=96&quality

Leagues V

Definately will be playing it.

Could be interesting.  Not sure if it will bring more wildy action.

Sure, why not.

ok

Private Servers

Definately when I saw this I was thinking private servers.  Stupid idea.