Crypto and NFTs

Adam_

Don't know much about the topic but think there are some people around who know a fair bit more so let's go

Seems like there's some upsides and downsides notably in that it's not regulated - this supposedly keeps the market more in the hands of people as opposed to a governing entity, but also, there's essentially no policing and if I made a scam coin and tons of people bought it then I walked out with their money they can't really do anything about it. Pretty sure this has happened a number of times in fact

NFTs also seem like an interesting concept, don't know a ton about them but honestly think they're pretty stupid - it may just be the execution in that there's a ton of people spending ridiculous amounts of money to "own" something which other people can pretty much freely use as well that makes me feel this way, perhaps there are some positives to it which someone can explain

"Celebrity" (usually internet "celebs" like youtubers gamers etc) also seem to be pushing certain coins causing them to go up in value and then a lot of people seem to lose money when the people with actual brains cash out, with probably the most prominent example being Elon Musk who is probably some form of wackjob imo

Lastly seems to have a pretty significantly negative effect on the environment not that there's any shortage of other factors contributing to this currently

Don't really know much about it myself, I remember when it was a pretty new concept, for some time I also had like a full coin from selling shit on other games which I ended up selling/spending and it was maybe a couple hundred bucks at the time? Could've been thousands but realistically probably never would have held onto it that long, oh well.

Does crypto have a future or has it already peaked? Do you think we'll ever see any real mainstreaming of the usage of crypto for banking, sale of goods etc other than online and all that? Do you think they will eventually come up with something to combat the idiots getting their followers to invest in scamcoins or people scamquitting ? How will the damage to the environment be addressed?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Outside of being one of the first people to grab bitcoin while it was incredibly cheap despite not believing it would take off, I still don't believe in the idea of cryptocurrency. 

It's far too unstable in the long run considering how easily prominent figures of any sort can send different currencies in any direction. Then you add on the "fake" currencies out there which are basically MLM. Besides that, the U.S. government isn't really a fan and there's been a few figures within it that have acknowledged that if they ever get the chance to pull the rug out from under crypto, they're going to do so. Granted, I wouldn't bet on that either, but I imagine something will happen at some point.

• Like 2

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Outside of being one of the first people to grab bitcoin while it was incredibly cheap despite not believing it would take off, I still don't believe in the idea of cryptocurrency. 

It's far too unstable in the long run considering how easily prominent figures of any sort can send different currencies in any direction. Then you add on the "fake" currencies out there which are basically MLM. Besides that, the U.S. government isn't really a fan and there's been a few figures within it that have acknowledged that if they ever get the chance to pull the rug out from under crypto, they're going to do so. Granted, I wouldn't bet on that either, but I imagine something will happen at some point.

Lol I had some in beginning I won playing poker on rs gambling sites.

As for me I'm not really interested in either. I just stick to the old way of doing things. Seems to be working out fine. I have been buying gold past few years when I can as well.

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

25 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

Lol I had some in beginning I won playing poker on rs gambling sites.

As for me I'm not really interested in either. I just stick to the old way of doing things. Seems to be working out fine. I have been buying gold past few years when I can as well.

Precious metals aren't really worth it unless you know how to market them off. If you're looking for solid advice for your portfolio though could always give Hagge a chat. Heard he's the man for that. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

I think of Crypto/NFT the same way I do of Jonestown

More people would be open to the concept now, than they would have prior

Purely due to those living vicariously through parasocial relationships, make up the bulk of individuals who otherwise would never have gave a SHIT about Crypto/NFT to begin with. 

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

Good for gambling.

Funny to see government decisions still booming the fuck out of crypto prices. I know some governments are looking into CBDC's, they aren't the same as cryptocurrencies but I wonder what affect (if any) it will have on them :o 

• Like 1

c4CzFWm.gif

Only god can judge me and he seems quite impressed

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

On 10/10/2021 at 3:37 PM, Kav said:

I think of Crypto/NFT the same way I do of Jonestown

More people would be open to the concept now, than they would have prior

Purely due to those living vicariously through parasocial relationships, make up the bulk of individuals who otherwise would never have gave a SHIT about Crypto/NFT to begin with. 

Sound like you're getting awfully close to drinking that Kool-Aid. 

• hash 1

The technology behind crypto will last, but once it becomes a threat to centralised monetary systems it will likely struggle.

NFTs are ridiculous.

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png