Some educated thoughts on Omicron

S3lvah

Been a month since OP, so thought I'd post follow the "how it started" with "how it's going:"

Hospitalized-by-covid people in Finland during the pandemic (March 2020 –>)

image.png.0c9dfb52a2ee792e54ae544e05ce95e9.png

Cyan: regular sick ward

Navy: ICU

This is despite to recent preliminary study results saying that: "Compared to patients who had the delta variant, omicron patients had a 53% reduced risk of hospitalization, a 74% reduced risk of ICU admission and a 91% reduced risk of death." (source: CNET)

As predicted, the staggeringly exponential spread of the virus is more than undoing the reduced severity of the disease. Hospitals and health care centers have already been through hell but this is going to be even worse.

My recommendation right now would be the same as American health care policy in general: "Try not to need health care."

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

On 1/17/2022 at 11:19 PM, Awesome Days said:

when do you OP or anyone else think this seasonal covid spree will start to fall off on cases? Feel it's important for vacation planning. 

Summer will be a good bet but expensive as it always is (June onwards). However a ticket to the UK by plane right now is like $30 from Eindhoven. If u want to go cheap definitely go now.

Most countries in Europe are going towards just needing a negative PCR test to enter. As long as you have that you are golden. I'm going to Portugal and they are going towards that measure (no vaccination requirements etc..). Countries will most likely follow the UK and announce COVID as a Endemic in the coming months. Hopefully that will put everyone on the same playing field again. The most annoying part about planning a vacation is that every country, province, sometimes even city has their own regulations. I hope that will disappear as COVID becomes an Endemic virus.

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

Assuming that another equally-or-more severe variant doesn't replace omicron this year, I'd also say summer is the safest bet. Although, here they're already predicting the wave will start subsiding in February, so April/May might be good too. It really depends where you're headed (what level of lock-down that place has at that moment).

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member