Work based learning - unrealistic expectations

Rich Luke1

Anybody else partaken in higher level management training ?

With how businesses operate now - it's very much dog eat dog on the corporate ladder.

As somebody who is working 45 hours a week plus doing a full university course for senior management;

I'm struggling to see how to people actually do this whilst holding a full time job ?

Mental strain of putting in circa 60-70 hours per week is very fatiguing.

• Like 1

I work as an administrator for the data / information side and a lab supervisor and had to do a bunch of training

It was a pain at first but when I got good employees and trained them well everything now is chill and what not we all work like 4 hour days and get paid for 8 :HAT: 

• bank 1

Tempest-CST-Sig.png

Like Hat said it seems like the initial grind is intense and it levels off.

I would definitely get with someone who is currently in the role you're going for to see if the workload still requires 50-70 hrs a week ..

• Like 1

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

SG9UgzJ.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png

As a person who lives in a 3rd world country I know how you feel. But just imagine doing everything you do and be in the same enviroment but receiving less money and things cost way more then in america

thats life in Brazil brother.

fBUa3oi.png

Yeah it's pretty intense honestly, I spent 2 years working part time (mostly overtime but anyways) while attending college and I couldn't handle it. I had to resign from my job to focus on my studies

I think i used to spend 55-65 hours a week doing work and school

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Good to reach out like this, shows vulnerability and courage keep hold of that.

No need to struggle trying to see and think how people work and study full time at the same time and 'manage'...let me tell you now, THEY DON'T. 99% of the people don't do what you do mate let alone manage well. Every development process is going to be gruesome especially when you are working full time. It simply sucks that you live in a culture where work life balance is non-existent and looked down upon, development is expected but not quantified properly, the corporate world is insanely cut throat and the relationship with money/power is sickening.

I want to say don't do it just for the money/power as I am sure that even in 'lower' management you'll be financially healthy. You don't seem like the kind of guy that wants to eat the others. So don't do that. Stay honest, vulnerable, true to yourself and you'll get where you want to be. Leave the dogs behind you.

Other than that all you can do now is grind it out.  Don't worry. Don't worry about taking your time, don't worry about failing, don't worry about others. Focus on yourself and keep reaching out and talk to anyone if you have any negative feelings or uncertainties.

You've got this, get it done.

Edited by Da Bazz
  • Thanks 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~