Homeless

Vanuckle

20 hours ago, IMK said:

- Invest in public education at the ground level. Free meals for all children. Proper funding for all schools so they have the resources to educate children and keep them safe.

- Rent protection and lower property taxes on SFH <$1m

- Decriminalize small amount possession of all drugs (what that small amount would entail would probably require a bit of debate which is fair)

- Invest in homeless shelters (properly operated ones), clinics, and mental institutions.

- Set strict anti-loitering laws near businesses and residential areas (this is the last step, not the first or only)

I wouldnt put drugs into this topic, but you got almost all the points there.

Theres also needed to be public houses or support for people to be able to pay their rents like, the government would pay 10-20% of the rent IF the rent is at a fair value for its caracteristics, it would help control rent inflaction

Screenshot_2021-07-12-00-54-27-274_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

2 hours ago, Frankventura said:

I wouldnt put drugs into this topic, but you got almost all the points there.

Theres also needed to be public houses or support for people to be able to pay their rents like, the government would pay 10-20% of the rent IF the rent is at a fair value for its caracteristics, it would help control rent inflaction

Why not? Anyone who thinks drugs should be illegal should be against alcohol too then. Hell, we should regulate sugar and caffeine too. Maybe ban foods with too high fat content.

lApm4a9.png

On 2/21/2024 at 5:04 PM, IMK said:

Why not? Anyone who thinks drugs should be illegal should be against alcohol too then. Hell, we should regulate sugar and caffeine too. Maybe ban foods with too high fat content.

You shall not discuss multiple unrelated topics because there will always be that person that agrees with you at some topics but not at others.

Discussing drugs there is too much we can talk about. All I can say is that I'm a mental health professional and I cant agree with legal drugs, as drugs are addictive too fast.

Screenshot_2021-07-12-00-54-27-274_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

I've been homeless in the past and live in Philly, where we have a severe opioid and homeless issue, as most people are aware of. It's sad to see it get as bad as it has and there are really no true solutions, eventually the national guard will come in and push out the homeless encampments and arrest a few dealers, but it just gets pushed away to other blocks. They will develop new apartment buildings and yuppies will move in, and then in a few years they'll want to build more condos wherever the drug market moved to and it's a continued cycle. Sad stuff.

IMK makes some good points, the U.S infrastructure, particularly in poor black cities is just completely in shambles and unfortunately there is no guarantee that offering housing to addicts and the homeless population here would resolve anything, only would become drug dens filled with abusers and crime, like most section 8 here. Rent protection and decriminalization is a good start. 

Edited by IBM

spacer.png

IBM Thinkpad - IM Wojak - Tempest Applicant